Page 30 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    in your website u have 2 patches i did not see before:
    1. Beta kernel build 1.3 800Mhz
    2. Stable w/ frequency scaling from 600Mhz-800Mhz

can you please explain what are they?
    thank you
    1) its not for n00bs. its beta. its lean and mean.
    2) that doesnt exist yet for 1.4.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're right on that. I forgot they made that change for 3D games.
    with this kernel 3D games will run at 800Mhz.

(at least i hope! IT BETTER!!! )
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpreboss View Post
    were do I get the 800 patch
    Did you start reading this thread on post #618? Try reading the first page and enjoy!
    Hey unixpsycho, I sent you a PM. Can u check that out when you get a chance and get back to me? Thanks
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Where are you guys getting temperature readings? Is it using the battery monitor application? If so, that gives the temperature of the battery not necessarily the CPU. Is there somewhere in this thread where the temperature of the CPU is avaialble?
    Bump
    Installed 800MHz. My number-one go-to test for overclocking is Google Maps. The difference between 600 and 800 is dramatic; it still pauses for a moment on the splash screen at first launch, but there is zero rendering delay, even in satellite mode, when the app comes up. Zooming in or out similarly has no delay, and scrolling the satellite picture re-renders the image at speeds comparable to my Mac notebook.

Really well done. This is the phone I was hoping for. (Now if we could just upgrade that 8GB NVRAM...)
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    1) its not for n00bs. its beta. its lean and mean.
    2) that doesnt exist yet for 1.4.
    now ur assuming im a noob...
    i wouldnt ask if i wasnt willing to try it
    now ur assuming im a noob...
    i wouldnt ask if i wasnt willing to try it
    The beta kernel is what might end up being stable in future. its lean and mean but might not be stable. although the beta kernel is what i use. if you notice its almost half the size of the stable kernel you guys are using now. the other kernels I havent done anything with yet hence the broken links.
    Live free or DIE!
    updated to 800mhz easy! Thanks!
    damn, good job guys. Gotta try this out.

now if only I can get that lame 1 2 pre joke out of my head

thank you mytether
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    The beta kernel is what might end up being stable in future. its lean and mean but might not be stable. although the beta kernel is what i use. if you notice its almost half the size of the stable kernel you guys are using now. the other kernels I havent done anything with yet hence the broken links.
    does this bets give a faster speed for the pre than our bets?
    Quote Originally Posted by TBarb169 View Post
    Did you start reading this thread on post #618? Try reading the first page and enjoy!
    read the first page then I keep reading and just thought it would be in preware. I found out I downloaded the video on my phone.
    does this bets give a faster speed for the pre than our bets?
    I havent gotten to official benchmarking yet, but it will save on memory.

to make things faster than what they are now with this kernel is diving into custom ROM territory. my next project if another phone doesnt come along and steal me away.
    Live free or DIE!
    All I can say after installing the 800mHz upgrade is...WOW MY PRE IS ON STEROIDS! I had no prior CPU scaling installed and honestly it is like a new device. Apps most dramatically improved in launch speed and responsiveness are browser (like the video), camera (instant launch almost), phone (blink of an eye), email (much quicker launch), photos (overall faster, smoother), contacts (quicker/smoother scrolling).

Other apps in general are definitely way quicker to launch. Only minor disappointment is that the Messaging still is a bit slow to launch which is strange since it seems to be a relatively simple program....but that is OK the other amazing improvements make this the best single enhancement ever made to WebOS...strong strong work fellas.

And as far as I can tell after a long day of normal use, battery life may be unchanged or slightly decreased...but insignificant. No heat problems, no crashes or hangups. Simply amazing!
    At the risk of repeating everyone else.....WOW. Thanks for the wonderful gift! I fell like I just got a brand new phone tonight. This is how the Pre should have always been. Now the speed feels like a top grade phone. THANKS AGAIN!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Catweazlemac View Post
    not a patch, just an app

Cat

Edit: in app you can switch to Detailed Battery Info. There is the Temperature
    sorry! noob here... how do I find the temperature?
    Quote Originally Posted by orange-man View Post
    At the risk of repeating everyone else.....WOW. Thanks for the wonderful gift! I fell like I just got a brand new phone tonight. This is how the Pre should have always been. Now the speed feels like a top grade phone. THANKS AGAIN!!
    Press the "Thanks" button please
    Live free or DIE!
    Ahhhhhh. A responsive phone app, at last! That's the best part.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
    sorry! noob here... how do I find the temperature?
    If you have the battery monitory app.
    Go up to the menu at the top and select detailed battery info.!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    idling between 22 and 26c....loving this