I need help I had ran the following script on my pre to run it at 600mhz:

mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin
    sed "s/500000/600000/g" LunaSysMgr > newlunasysmgr
    mv LunaSysMgr LunaSysMgr.orig
    mv newlunasysmgr LunaSysMgr
    chmod +x LunaSysMgr

How do I remove it now!???
    Unix is the man thanks a lot for all your work.
    it's restarting.. I can't wait!!!

wow it's fast, but one slight problem.. My phone went through 8 percent of battery life while playing need for speed in like less than a min.. and it was plugged in...

edit: nvm, it's booting up..
    Last edited by nimer55; 03/25/2010 at 02:49 AM.
    I don't get USB options anymore. I plug in my USB and nothing happens. Do I need to re-enable something?
    I hate my life - well not really - but my quick install is on my work computer I might actually go in early tomorrow thanks guys!!!
    Asking me to install GNU patch when I click on "tweaks".....I keep hitting Okay but when I reopen, it still shows up! how do i fix this
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking1 View Post
    I don't get USB options anymore. I plug in my USB and nothing happens. Do I need to re-enable something?
    Try 1 of 3 things

1) Change USB ports forces the driver to reinstall to it. (worked for me)
    2) Reinstall drivers
    3) Either reboot your computer or go StartMenu->Run...->"services.msc"

Then look for "Palm Novacom", right click, and select "restart" (jason suggestion
    Thanks so much, I really appreciate the hard work everyone put forth for this patch to happen. I just wanted to know is it still safe to leave my phone on the touchstone charger the whole night? I'm assuming it is but I just want to be sure about it. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Okay I think I'm cool. Very nice!

Couple questions:
    1. So why is it always faster to load apps the second time and will it be like this after any reboot including Luna?
    2. As a precaution, should I be aware if the device gets hot and allow it to cool down for safety? Will streaming music and web browsing at the same time for too long potentially be an issue?
    Everybody wants some!..
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Try 1 of 3 things

1) Change USB ports forces the driver to reinstall to it. (worked for me)
    2) Reinstall drivers
    3) Either reboot your computer or go StartMenu->Run...->"services.msc"

Then look for "Palm Novacom", right click, and select "restart" (jason suggestion

I mean my phone. I plug in the cable I get no options for USB, MEDIA SYNC or Just charging.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    I need help...my 600MHz patch is not uninstalling!!!....when i type: sh /var/home/root/600MHz_OSIndependentpatch.sh uninstall, it just says: can't open var/home/root/600MHz_OSIndependentpatch

Please help!
    type: ls /var/home/root and see if the file is all lowercase or not.
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking1 View Post
    I mean my phone. I plug in the cable I get no options for USB, MEDIA SYNC or Just charging.
    Did you install the just charge patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Okay I think I'm cool. Very nice!

Couple questions:
    1. So why is it always faster to load apps the second time and will it be like this after any reboot including Luna?
    Data stays in memory after closing. It's the same phenomenon that contributes to the "Too Many Cards" error when no cards are open.
    Tweaks under QI is being lame...
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Did you install the just charge patch?
    NO
    Biggest difference I noticed in my very short few minutes of testing so far: Power on time drops from 5 minutes 30 seconds or so when stock, to 3 minutes 15 seconds on 800mHz.

That two minutes is honestly a huge difference. It's the difference between being really annoyed that my Pre is taking so long to boot and being okay with the time it takes to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    type: ls /var/home/root and see if the file is all lowercase or not.
    when i type it and hit enter, nothing happens....i'm using command line in WebOS Quick Install
    nvm, it's booting up..
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Biggest difference I noticed in my very short few minutes of testing so far: Power on time drops from 5 minutes 30 seconds or so when stock, to 3 minutes 15 seconds on 800mHz.

That two minutes is honestly a huge difference. It's the difference between being really annoyed that my Pre is taking so long to boot and being okay with the time it takes to boot.
    Google Maps is the most impressive to me so far. In satellite view on WiFi, you can pan around the map and it redraws almost instantly instead of the few second redraw @ 500 MHz.
    thx i just put it on awsome