Page 28 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878 ... LastLast
    hey guys...try out the virtual keyboard with this new patch...theres virtually no lag at all!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

fantastic, it worked : )
    Tried to read through but couldn't find. So what is the "For dummies" explanation of how this patch works. What is the Kernal method? How is it different than the initial 550/600 smartreflex/cpu scaling patches from preware that were later termed dangerous?

Thanks.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Wow, just WOW!

Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Tried to read through but couldn't find. So what is the "For dummies" explanation of how this patch works. What is the Kernal method? How is it different than the initial 550/600 smartreflex/cpu scaling patches from preware that were later termed dangerous?

Thanks.
    This is *not* a patch. This is a kernel replacement.

The SmartReflex patch isnt scaling, that is for powersaving which is incompatible with the way Palm does its power saving, hence why it is deemed dangerous. Other CPU scaling patches use the stock Palm supplied kernel and force it to 600Mhz.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    fantastic, it worked : )
    Great Enjoy.
    So if i never installed a patch for 600MHz can i skip the uninstall part or is that the stock speed the phone comes with? And also if i just reinstalled the OS1.4 an hour ago, do i have to wait a day before doing the 800MHz install?
    Quote Originally Posted by ltlruss View Post
    Did you try running this one?

sh /var/home/root/600MHz_OSIndependentPatch.sh uninstall

I think there were 2 different installs. You may have used this one
    Good question. I did try to uninstall both. I was 99.9% positive I installed the luna patch, but I tried the other just in case. Neither one works.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    is the file there?

do ls ~root
    and execute whats in there. if nothing is there you need to redownload it to uninstall.
    Thanx for that info. I will try that and advise.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKDxOUTxMAX View Post
    So if i never installed a patch for 600MHz can i skip the uninstall part or is that the stock speed the phone comes with? And also if i just reinstalled the OS1.4 an hour ago, do i have to wait a day before doing the 800MHz install?
    If you never installed other patch then no need to worry.

Give the phone a while to do its background work after Doctoring the phone. a day is excessive, maybe an hour depending if you are restoring your Palm profile.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKDxOUTxMAX View Post
    Per the safety instructions on the first page, you should wait a day before installing it. I would play it safe and wait.

Just saw what unixpshycho wrote above... he's the expert
    Quote Originally Posted by mcspam123 View Post
    Thanx for that info. I will try that and advise.
    also do a "ls /usr/bin/Luna*"

if you have a LunsSysMgr.orig then you can always recover. If you dont have that file then you should visit the Dr.
    Live free or DIE!
    I've been playing with xplane helo for almost an hour and the framerate jump is amazing!!!
    You need to do another screen shot of the uninstallation. You forgot the .sh at the end of the 600MHz_OSIndependentpatch.sh

But, awesome work!!
    So can we assume that something will be in the works after the next webos update (1.4.1)? Obviously this optimization is far more valuable to most users (at least one here) at this point than any possible minor update that is due out soon, imo! Would be a shame to have this kind of speed increase for only a few weeks then back down to 500MHz... thoughts?
    I only have a palm pre with preware acces as my internet source will this be avaiable on preware soon?if not how can I get it on my phone running?thx in advance for answers...
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I was sorta concerned about this, but did it (what the hell, I have insurance), and I am impressed at the speed. It seems to run fine and I have not had any issues with heat or any other problems so far. How is everyones battery life on the standard battery... sorry if that has been asked, I am trying to search and find some info on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by smovemc View Post
    I only have a palm pre with preware acces as my internet source will this be avaiable on preware soon?if not how can I get it on my phone running?thx in advance for answers...
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    lol... unixpsycho, just curious. Thought I saw somewhere that someone was working on a preware install for it. I might be mistaken. QI is easy enough though. You guys have done a great job
    Awesome hack, easy to do and now it's pretty zippy. Battery drain seems to be unaffected (not empirically measured).