Page 27 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031323777 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    It's right there in the original post. The post that you had to read to install the patch. The one the .sh was linked in.

You didn't read any of it, did you.
    Haha, that seems to be going around.

Read the first post! Everything you need to know is in or linked in the first post.
    i typed in the link on my pre..and downloaded the 800mhz file on my pre, but then i click to open and it says"file format not supported". what am i doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    i typed in the link on my pre..and downloaded the 800mhz file on my pre, but then i click to open and it says"file format not supported". what am i doing wrong?
    Read the first post... download to computer and install using Quick Install... the instructions are very easy.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    Holy crap.. Is that a Pre in your hand, in your avatar? That thing looks like a laptop.. in your hand. lol...

Anyhoo... You're trying to download it with the Pre's browser? You gotta dl it to your pc than continue the steps.
    so has anybody seen any difference between 720 and 800,,,,im kinda scared pushing my cpu to 800, i want to do 720, any difference,,,,,yeah yeah call me wimp,,,lol
    I have the 800MHz patch installed and idling at 23C .. ambient air temp is 71 F

Temps creep up during use but I haven't seen anything over 33 C
    Open with JAVA
    Okay after over 10 hours of beating the hell out of this phone Ive noticed a couple of weird things.

My Pre seems to get hung up going back and forth between data and calls.

For example If Im listening to Pandora and a call comes in, the Pre pauses the music and the call pops up but the phone will not ring or vibrate. I can take the call but after I hangup the Pre just hangs trying to reconnect to Pandora.

I have to close them reopen Pandora to get it to work.

(update)Now my Pre doesnt ring or vibrate when a call comes in. All other sounds are working. Hmmm...not sure how this could be related. (Its never happened before)
    Quote Originally Posted by konsole View Post
    quick question. let's say I go to sleep and I don't want to have to reboot the phone because it could catch the place on fire in 15 minutes if I don't. Can you guys throw in a chron job that checks for overheating and reboot the phone back to 500mhz? Just asking...
    the phone wont burn up. be serious.

if you're worried about that then dont install it.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I went all out and installed the 800mhz patch. Worked perfectly! Thank you
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Just installed the 800MHz patch. Checked Battery Monitor prior to install, and was at 28C. After install and resets, Pre was at 31C. I will continue to monitor and see what temp lokos like later after use.

Hit the "Thanks" button, but still thank you guys!

Jason
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Wow... It's like I have a new phone! Thanks so much! Now if you just just speed up the user... lol
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    This is how the Pre should work! this is what webOS is supposed to be. thanks again guys!
    Would love to install the 800Mhz patch, but I can't for the life of me uninstall the 600Mhz patch. I continue to type in "sh /var/home/root/luna600patch.sh uninstall" in the Linux Commandline, and I continue to get the response "sh: can't open var/home/root/luna600patch.sh". I am definitely in developer mode.

Can anybody give me some advice?
    Installed without a hitch, running much quicker, smoother and I am very pleased with the 800MHz patch!

Thanks guy's you've just kicked up my Pre quite a few notches!
    Oh, and yes, I am definitely running at 600Mhz right now, as I checked with the "scaling_cur_freq" command.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseQ View Post
    Okay after over 10 hours of beating the hell out of this phone Ive noticed a couple of weird things.

My Pre seems to get hung up going back and forth between data and calls.

For example If Im listening to Pandora and a call comes in, the Pre pauses the music and the call pops up but the phone will not ring or vibrate. I can take the call but after I hangup the Pre just hangs trying to reconnect to Pandora.

I have to close them reopen Pandora to get it to work.

(update)Now my Pre doesnt ring or vibrate when a call comes in. All other sounds are working. Hmmm...not sure how this could be related. (Its never happened before)
    I just tried pandora, called my self from the office and all worked as expected - pandora paused, phone rang & vibrated, after call pandora started right back up. I have had the 800MHz installed for a couple of hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcspam123 View Post
    Would love to install the 800Mhz patch, but I can't for the life of me uninstall the 600Mhz patch. I continue to type in "sh /var/home/root/luna600patch.sh uninstall" in the Linux Commandline, and I continue to get the response "sh: can't open var/home/root/luna600patch.sh". I am definitely in developer mode.

is the file there?

do ls ~root
    and execute whats in there. if nothing is there you need to redownload it to uninstall.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcspam123 View Post

Did you try running this one?

sh /var/home/root/600MHz_OSIndependentPatch.sh uninstall

I think there were 2 different installs. You may have used this one
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    It works brilliantly! If anyone is still on the fence about it take the plunge, you won't be sorry (its so FAST!).