Page 26 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676 ... LastLast
    incredible. absolutely incredible. many, many thanks. now everytime i go to play gangstar or some other 3D game, i don't get the annoying "too many cards". very easy, and very snappy! thanks again!!!!!
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    how long it took the video to start improved for me personally
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Agreed mine auto rebooted and now Q/I will not connect with the Pre keeps asking for me to plug it in

i'm running 720
    When this happens to me I just restart the Palm Novacom service and then plug the phone in again and it's all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfrock66 View Post
    800 MHz, seeing 20-25% battery drain an hour (one was as low as 17%, prolly 22% average) and running a constant 34C the whole time, slider open.

I am extremely pleased with the results.
    You are happy with 20-25% battery drain? Holy Cow. Good thing I got an extended battery, because eventually I will not be able to resist speed.

But 25% per hour? Ouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by junkTzu View Post
    When this happens to me I just restart the Palm Novacom service and then plug the phone in again and it's all good.
    A lot of people who had this problem had good luck restarting both the phone and the computer. Make sure the phone is not plugged into the computer when doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warboy View Post
    Im having issues after installing the 800mhz. When I connect my phone via USB to my computer. It doesn't give me options anymore, or even doesn't say "Charging Battery". But the battery icon shows its charging, and my laptop doesn't detect the phone anymore. But it works fine when connected to the touchstone.
    See my post above.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeere92 View Post
    This has probably already been posted I'm sure but I couldn't find it when I was looking for the solution.
    If you have the Error 5 Problem where it says you cannot open file, here is the solution.
    1) Open WebOSQuickInstall
    2) Go Tools>Delete File/Directory
    3) Select the Circle next to the word Directory
    4) In the Path box type /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh
    5) Click Delete
    6) Now go follow the directions EXACTLY or you will end up creating another directory.

Creating a directory happens if you accidentally go into send file and put /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh as your destination folder. It will create this folder or directory because it doesn't exist.
    Hope this helps those with Error 5 Problems.
    holy **** i think this did the trick. thanks man!
    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device: time dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/null count=10000000
      10000000+0 records in
      10000000+0 records out
      real	0m 43.90s
      user	0m 5.84s
      sys	0m 37.88s
      10000000+0 records in
      10000000+0 records out
      real	0m 42.00s
      user	0m 5.97s
      sys	0m 35.87s
      10000000+0 records in
      10000000+0 records out
      real	0m 41.70s
      user	0m 5.25s
      sys	0m 36.33s
    3 tests using 800mhz. Gonna run a few more tests now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    anyone need help just pm me and I will get back to ya as soon as I can later !
    Question: I have installed a bunch of patches and the iPhone theme. I don't actually remember all the patches I've installed as I've played with my phone.

Do you recommend that I do a hard reset so that I am sure I have all the patches and themes removed before I try this?

I don't actually mind wiping the phone, and I've done it before. There are only a few apps that lose data.

Please let me know how close to "pristine" I need to get. I've seen several opinions on this relative to the speed patch.

Also, is there an advantage (other than speed) between the 720 or 800? What would cause someone to install the 720 unless the phone is unstable after installing the 800?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    so theres 28 pages to read thru. what temp is everyone idling at? i'm at 32 right now after a 800 install...gonna report back in a bit.

excited i got it working.
    AWESOME I definitely notice the speed difference, this is great, thanks so much.
    Absolutely brilliant. I, too, wouldn't mind chipping in a few bucks.

I'm not sure if it's been covered before, but since the kernel patch is obviously specific to the OS version -- will we have to remove this patch before updating to new minor OS updates, i.e. before 1.4.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Please let me know how close to "pristine" I need to get. I've seen several opinions on this relative to the speed patch
    I don't know the first thing about themes, but my Pre is decked out with dozens of patches and I just upgraded to the 800 kernel without a hitch.

The only patches that you NEED to remove before attempting this are any previous CPU patches that you may have installed.
    quick question. let's say I go to sleep and I don't want to have to reboot the phone because it could catch the place on fire in 15 minutes if I don't. Can you guys throw in a chron job that checks for overheating and reboot the phone back to 500mhz? Just asking...
    so has anybody seen any difference between 720 and 800,,,,im kinda scared pushing my cpu to 800, i want to do 720, any difference,,,,,yeah yeah call me wimp,,,lol
    AWESOME! My phone is much faster! Is there a wat to tell that you have this patch installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Is there a wat to tell that you have this patch installed?
    It's right there in the original post. The post that you had to read to install the patch. The one the .sh was linked in.

You didn't read any of it, did you.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymook View Post
    so theres 28 pages to read thru. what temp is everyone idling at? i'm at 32 right now after a 800 install...gonna report back in a bit.

excited i got it working.

I'm at 31 - 32 C too and I've been at 800MHz for about 10 minutes. Love the photo roll response (I've got over 500 pics) and especially the scrolling month to month in calendar with no lag! Thank you!!
    I can definitely notice its faster but I dont notice much of a difference in the speed of loading apps.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Wanted to thank you guys again. Love the speed boost. Been running 800 since right after it was released. Love it. I've had it off the charger for going on 11 hours now and with moderate usage, I'm sitting at 55% battery remaining. I'm sure that moderate usage for me is probably very light usage for others, but, not really noticing much more battery use than before. Thanks for all the work you guys put into this....
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by konsole View Post
    quick question. let's say I go to sleep and I don't want to have to reboot the phone because it could catch the place on fire in 15 minutes if I don't. Can you guys throw in a chron job that checks for overheating and reboot the phone back to 500mhz? Just asking...
    Use number1pete's CPU scaling app. It's in this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...nixpsyc-5.html