Page 22 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272122 ... LastLast
    so how about hooking us pixi users up?
    Life is only the perception of being alive ~ Zexter
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Possible to use a scaling patch like 250mhz to 800 mhz?

going to test this when i get home...we'll see
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsuycott View Post
    is there any way to install this without using QuickInstall? like terminal???

thanks
    If OPs are OK with me adding it, xorg tools will soon support this install. It already allows changing the LunaSysMgr Mhz from 400-800Mhz after the patch is installed.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    When does this come out on preware? Preware plz
    Live the Pre life.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Where are you guys getting temperature readings? Is it using the battery monitor application? If so, that gives the temperature of the battery not necessarily the CPU. Is there somewhere in this thread where the temperature of the CPU is avaialble?
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Anyone doubting the safety of the patches for the immediate future should go back and read the previous thread.

If you don't trust the patch, that's fine; you spent your money on your Pre. However, injecting FUD by posting things like "I'm going to wait a few days to see if anyone's phone is fried" is doing a great injustice to the dozens of users who contributed hours of their time for FREE to test the patches. It's not as if some mad hacker whipped together a few lines of code one night and threw it into the wild.
    I didn't pay very VERY close attention, but I don't remember seeing any more than 3 names attached to this particular patch nor any mention of exactly how extensive the testing was.. so I don't blame people for being cautious.

People on a 2-year contract need some kind of assurance that their phone won't be bricked 3 months in.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Things are running faster, and after a couple hours of music listening and phone usage, I'm still running with NO heat, which was unheard of before the overclocking. Strange?!
    awesome
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    WOooOooHHhhOooOO!!!! Awsome work.. its working like a charm
    Quote Originally Posted by slvdc2 View Post
    Possible to use a scaling patch like 250mhz to 800 mhz?

going to test this when i get home...we'll see
    why use a patch when there is an app for that, lol

in alpha testing:
    CPUScalerUber
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...-unixpsyc.html
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    so this has to be removed no matter wut b4 an OS update am i right?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I didn't pay very VERY close attention, but I don't remember seeing any more than 3 names attached to this particular patch nor any mention of exactly how extensive the testing was.. so I don't blame people for being cautious.

People on a 2-year contract need some kind of assurance that their phone won't be bricked 3 months in.
    They had quite a few alpha testers. The actual number wasn't made public as far as I knew.

Also there is no assurance that your phone won't brick itself in 3 months, so kinda hard for a patch to guarantee that. In fact the phone could be bricked by something unrelated but the first thing to be blamed would be this patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    why use a patch when there is an app for that, lol

in alpha testing:
    CPUScalerUber
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...-unixpsyc.html
    link is dead
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    link is dead
    Worked for me all of 20 seconds ago.
    Without any cpu patches my pre on the touchstone while actively charging shows battery temperature at 41. Before making the leap to patch Will this patch be safe to use to leave pre on the touchstone charging overnight? Thanks for the terrific work.
    only one ?... where is the donate button?
    WOooooOooooHHhhOoooooOoooooOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1.4!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Gamah View Post
    bah you guys are too convincing... I will install the 720 as soon as i hear from one pre plus user that has used either patch.
    I have a Pre Plus and I am running the 720 version... All is good so far, but I haven't had it installed for too long. I went from 600 patch that was previously released and this is definitely faster. My battery temp is about the same so far. I wanted to try the 720 before going to the 800. I say go for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post

That's why I suggested going back and read this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...1-3-5-1-a.html

In it you will find that there were over 30 testers with weeks of testing before releasing the patch. Sorry, I should have provided a link in the original post.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onemadrssn View Post
    Installed. Mine rebooted on it's own. My first reaction is that this is awesome. When I hit the end button on a phone call, it actually reacts to my press in the same decade!
    The reboot you saw is a soft reboot. You still need to power the Pre off and back on... according to Caj's instructions.
    also installed the 800 patch...
    first attempt totally bricked my phone...
    some good old webdoctor and a new attempt later everything is running smooooothley..
    tnx guys