Page 19 of 124 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969119 ... LastLast
    Thanks!!!
    serious question...

why would someone want to use a 720 when they could use the 800?
    I tried to search the forums first....So no hating

I tried myTether with 800MHz patch and I have been warned about the temps rising I got temp of 48 within 15 mins...I'm wondering if any one has the 500MHz temp with myTether...Just for comparison

Thank you
    Adam

I love this patch!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    I have one question. Will it be hard to upgrade this for future OS updates?

Like if they releases 1.4.1, how long will it take to see upgrade this patch?

Just asking because I'm already in love with it and going back to the previous speed is like jumping back to the 70's from the 00's.

:P
    I gotta know this too. I don't know if I could go back to a 500 mhz pre. I've had it for all of 5 minutes and yes I already feel that way.
    Ok so I went ahead and installed the 800Mhz patch. This thing is amazingly fast. I really couldn't tell with the app launches except for the browser that it was much faster. I think I have always had a good phone so things were very snappy to begin with. Where you can really see the difference is in the music app and photo app. The list loads very quickly and scrolling is amazing. No heating of the phone yet. Its only been like 30min since I installed the app.
    What's your peak temperature (use Battery Monitor available in Preware)? At 800Mhz, I'm peaking at 38C while charging and listening to Pandora. Lowest is 27C when phone is asleep, no charging and no apps running except battery monitor.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I have a medical issue to deal with. I will be offline until 6 pM. I have actually a jpeg install tutorial of install/uninstall and cpu-bus benchmarks to add
    Don't worry about us here. We all will manage. You did us an amazing service.

Your family and family's health are top priority.

Thanks for the amazing work.
    Awsome. It was ment to run at 800Mhz!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfrock66 View Post
    800 MHz, seeing 20-25% battery drain an hour (one was as low as 17%, prolly 22% average) and running a constant 34C the whole time, slider open.

I am extremely pleased with the results.
    so you are using up 20-25% battery per hour? thats not good is it? Temp seems ok though...
    It Won't be in Preware... you will need to use QI
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    man this is really really fast.... lets wait and see if anything happens to my pre
    Thanks to everybody involved for making this possible. I just installed the 800Mhz patch without any problems (German GSM Palm Pre on O2). Great performance. The homebrew scene really makes webOS shine!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerv.88 View Post
    will having the 800 MHz patch along with the smartflex patch from preware have any effect?
    Absolutely. Read the instructions. Basically, remove any patch that has an effect on the CPU. That includes the smartreflex patches.
    I just removed the SR550 before I installed the 800 patch.

Freakin' amazing.

I was just commenting on how long some stuff was taking to load- especially GoogleMaps and the Phone. Now, it's just a few seconds for both.

I did notice that the back got quite warm when running multiple apps [my own testing], but as soon as I closed them, it started to cool off.
    My phone gets warm after a long conversation even from stock, so I'm not too shocked.

Amazing work my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    What's your peak temperature (use Battery Monitor available in Preware)? At 800Mhz, I'm peaking at 38C while charging and listening to Pandora. Lowest is 27C when phone is asleep, no charging and no apps running except battery monitor.
    So far I reached 48 with myTether....33 with NO mytether and afew apps (email, facebook chat, calendar, battery monitor polling at 5 seconds)

Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Additional input about the 720/800MHz patch with processor temperature info with Pandora running constantly will be appreciated. I will be adding the 800MHz patch to my Pre, but I am balking on adding it to my wife's Pre. She runs her Pre constantly with music, but probably won't monitor temperature like I would. If temperature remains a non-issue while running Pandora, then I won't worry.

BTW, great work CAJ!!!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    While Im away, please paste your great exeriences on the You Tube comments section of the video. Palm and the Pre need some good news...all I ask is give em some.
    I posted a comment, but I don't see it when I refresh. I don't think youTube likes me.
    Please read my comment on the first time you stated this. If not comfortable please uninstall patch
    NO WAY, I love this patch and I was responding to a different user, I just didnt see your quick and awesome response...

Relax Jeff, I'm totally happy and excited you did this!!!!

Adam
    Ok, fist you guys are amazing. Second this makes the pre usable, it makes everything at least 25% faster then before!!!

heres my results of the day of some very miled use, only 9.7% drain per hour average (this includes 2-3 hours of music) also highest temp I noticed was 35c, during some over-the-air web browsing.

overall its like having a hole new pre! next you guys need to come up with a software patch for the oreo effect (joking).
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    This kind of patch will be my first; since I haven't install 600 MHz or any whichever numbers MHz patches.. So do I skip the #1-3 steps in the installing instructions?
    How long was this tested before release? I'm tempted to try it but don't want to fry my pre...

I often use 4-7 cards at once (Messaging, Cardace, Pandora, and 1-3 web cards)

should I stick with the 720? or not bother overclocking for just the little speed boost?