Page 17 of 124 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorob51 View Post
    i used this; cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    Try using one of the other command to check speed like:
    cat /proc/cpuinfo

Should see BogoMIPS in MHz (ie-498.07)*

*stolen from page one !!
    After I uninstalled I did a restart manually. I did a full power down waited one minute and turned the phone back on. There was no automatic restart.

When I run: cat /proc/cpuinfo in terminus I get:

BogoMips: 597.68

Like I said I read that these readings would be at 600mHz for terminus since its a PDK app. Is this correct?
    very well done caj i applaud you and everyone else who has helped you. Yes if there is a donate button please PM, I think we all should just to show our thanks.
    Working very well at 720mhz. If everything is still fine after a few days I'll probably bump up to 800.
    Who knows the fix for the error 5 during the webos quick install?
    Thanks this is great been running for a few hours now running multiple different tasks. I only used the touchstone for 10 minutes or so and that was the highest temp I saw at 35 have yet to see anything beyond that and Ive seen as low as 26. I will monitor tonight I am cautious abotu leaving it on the touchstone overnight. Does anyone know what the danger temp would be? Did someone find a donate link for Caj and his group because they definitely deserve it?
    Does anyone have any idea if I'm going to lose my Sync with my Outlook Calendar and my contacts? When I originally installed 1.4, I started noticing missing contacts that did not get replaced with reinstalling my Palm Profile.

I have a business and CANNOT lose this info -- I have printed a hard copy of my hours for the last two months just in case but need to know if the experts (the Devs) think this'll be an issue
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djcuervo78 View Post
    Who knows the fix for the error 5 during the webos quick install?
    Is there any text with the error? I figured out a fix for "device not found."
    my battery life ,in just the 6 hours since installing the 800 MHz patch, has been awesome. alot better than before, especially since 1.4messed it up . now its acting like it should of been, i quess

GTEAT JOB TO EVERYONE INVOLVED
    Nicky T
    thank you so much! this is how the phone should have been from the start!!! Makes me excited for a new webos phone!!!!
    caj did you see my questions above. Do you know if running bogmips in the terminus app would some how give a reading of 600mhz even if the 600 patch is uninstalled?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    beautiful!!! and easily executed
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    Is there any text with the error? I figured out a fix for "device not found."
    Command: put file///var/home/root/800MHZOS14.sh
    Reply:file open failed
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    After I uninstalled I did a restart manually. I did a full power down waited one minute and turned the phone back on. There was no automatic restart.

When I run: cat /proc/cpuinfo in terminus I get:

BogoMips: 597.68

Like I said I read that these readings would be at 600mHz for terminus since its a PDK app. Is this correct?
    Weird, it should show 800 (796.91). Mine keeps 800Mhz in both SDL (Terminus or Doom or Quake) and in official PDK games (Need for Speed is FAST!!)

Guys, I just want to say: Congratulations and Thanks!!! I could no longer be an 1.3.5 tester because I lent my phone to my gf when 1.4 came out, but not it's back and at 800, it's just amazing!

Just keep your Pres at a nice temp
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djcuervo78 View Post
    Command: put file///var/home/root/800MHZOS14.sh
    Reply:file open failed
    Try this:

In webosQI select Tools > Send file. For FILE, press the "..." button and when the file dialog opens, navigate to where the 800MHz script resides. In the Destination Folder window type "/var/home/root" without the quotes. Press the Send to Device button. That should put the file there. Then you run the file following Caj's instructions in the first post. thorne

PS - the file names on the Pre (which is a Linux OS) are CASE_SENSITIVE which means you have to enter the file names correctly. "800MHZOS14.sh" is not correct. It is "800MHzOS14.sh".
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    it just says file not found
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Weird, it should show 800 (796.91). Mine keeps 800Mhz in both SDL (Terminus or Doom or Quake) and in official PDK games (Need for Speed is FAST!!)

Guys, I just want to say: Congratulations and Thanks!!! I could no longer be an 1.3.5 tester because I lent my phone to my gf when 1.4 came out, but not it's back and at 800, it's just amazing!

Just keep your Pres at a nice temp
    how do we know which temperature the pre is at?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Thats fine and you will see with normal use, that will average down even further over time
    That was actually my Javascript benchmark results
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    we can only know the battery temp, but that way we could get an idea.

Use the battery Monitor app, tap on the menu, and go to Detailed Battery Info
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Battery Monitor app