Page 15 of 124 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 25 65 115 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    i tried to install the 720 it says the file was transferred but when i type the install command it says file not found. HELP!!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    Weird, I could have sworn I did exactly this but never worked before. I must have mistyped something somewhere.

Thanks
    That was my next suggestion. I don't know why caj included the word "Patch" in his uninstall instructions. I just assumed it was part of the syntax of his script. thorne
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    I looked at your old post you did mistype you had typed:

sh /var/home/root/luna600patch.sh patch uninstall

It happens to everyone!

no this actually needs to be updated in the first post/instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorob51 View Post
    i tried to install the 720 it says the file was transferred but when i type the install command it says file not found. HELP!!
    Type the commaned :

ls /var/home/root

And let us know what the result is
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    no this actually needs to be updated in the first post/instructions.
    Oh yeah the instructions do include the word patch don't they. IT is probably just a typo.
    Just as a note to potentially help others, I was having a hell of a time getting the patch to work until I did a md5sum on it, and saw that it was different from another copy I downloaded. It saved me time, hassle, and a couple of steps by simply using wget on my Pre to get the patch, without having to send it via WOSQI.

Code:
    wget URL HERE -O /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh
    Is all I needed, then the sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh, and everything worked perfectly.

Edit: Ugh, not enough posts to post a link, *** gay. Replace URL HERE with the URL to the patch, I guess.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Oh yeah the instructions do include the word patch don't they. IT is probably just a typo.
    yes and thanks again......
    umm will I get in trouble for too many post on one topic?

advanced gestures work wonderfully now also...with 24 apps runnin whoo hooooo!!!! Temp at 35C

miscount...21 apps runnin...chkn...temp holdin steady @ 35C

closed and reloaded battery monitor app...temps up to 39C
    Last edited by Issey_phresh; 03/25/2010 at 11:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Type the commaned :

ls /var/home/root

And let us know what the result is
    ok will try now
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorob51 View Post

2 things

1) ls /var/home/root
    should show 720MHzOS14.sh

2) sh /var/home/root/720MHzOS14.sh install
    after this is run it'll gray out the screen
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    I've got the patch working and tested with a javascript benchmark, which scored...

Default 500/600Mhz: 26-28
    Forced 600/600Mhz: 30-33
    Forced 800/800Mhz: 40-43

Run Benchmark - JSBenchmark

I'm using xorg tools to alter the frequency between 500-800 after the kernel patch is installed. I'll hookup with you guys about considering using xorg tools for not just the patch install, but changing the Mhz as desired more easily.
    running the 800 I'm getting a low of 36 and a high of 41 with most results at 40-41
    So, I have to wait 4 hours after uninstalling 600 before installing the new 800?

Should have uninstalled yesterday, Darn.
    awesome! BIG thanks to all the people who participated in the development of these two wonderful tweaks! im enjoying my Pre so much better now! this is the way it should have been since the beginning anyways, but ill always think the Pre has been a "beta" device for webOS, just like HTC did with Android and their Dream/G1 (y)
    installed the 800mhz patch last night and at first everything was running very fast. I noticed a few times certain apps would hang for a short period of time, maybe 30 seconds. I also experienced the famous "TMC" message. I then installed TSTOP and that seemed to eliminated that issue. As I left the phone on standby, my screen turned black and became unresponsive. I had to remove the battery to reboot. Things were fine again as I left the phone on overnight. Woke up this morning to an unresponsive phone, again I had to pull the battery. Noticed the battery also drained significantly overnight as well. I had to remove the 800mhz patch for now to see why it's doing this to my phone. I'm trying out the 720mhz patch now, hopefully it'll hold. 720mhz seems to be very responsive and quick. I have the original june 09 released version. I suspect the inconsistent hardware quality is causing my pre to freeze.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    So, I have to wait 4 hours after uninstalling 600 before installing the new 800?

Should have uninstalled yesterday, Darn.
    I don't understand the logic of waiting 4 hours for the processor to "equilibrate." If the processor is that sensitive, then I don't see how running it at a constant 800MHz is going to be any easier on the processor. But whatever you do, if your Pre gets hot, let it rest until it cools off. thorne
    I see it right here the "P" in patch is not caps...I hope

root@palm-webos-device: ls /var/home/root
    600MHz_OSIndependentpatch.sh
    root@palm-webos-device:
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    OS1.4 is not as stable as 1.3.5.1. This is why an update is coming...give me a break please I am tired. I know electronics, OK and this is my call. Blame me. What is wrong with safety first.
    update for what?
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    I don't understand the logic of waiting 4 hours for the processor to "equilibrate." If the processor is that sensitive, then I don't see how running it at a constant 800MHz is going to be any easier on the processor. But whatever you do, if your Pre gets hot, let it rest until it cools off. thorne

Pretty sure this is a CYA step. I mean some people don't know linux at all. They had to be very careful with the instructions because many people will try this who have no clue what they are doing. I believe I read in this thread someone tried it on a Pixi. LOL. They don't want to deal with people coming in here stating that their pre was borked because they didn't follow instructions.(although it is pretty hard/impossible to fully ruin your pre from what I can tell from all the things I have done to mine baring a overheating issue)
    update for what?
    WebOs 1.4.1 I believe is rumored to be coming out soon.
    OMG don't troll the F'N devs!!!