Page 118 of 124 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108113114115116117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 2468
    for the people with the dim light issue its the cpu scaling problem. Though I have a beta version of the cpuscalerultimate with the 800mhz .sh file on a sprint version 1.4.1 I have the min set to 500-800 so I have no wakeup issues with the screen. I did when I just had the phone running at 800mhz all the time, it would wake up slightly very dim and would not respond to the touch for a few seconds. Try the scaler patch and set it to 500 min.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone.. and Jack, I do understand they are the same. My point was, Caj has said that the .sh is going away, so this is just an excuse for me to uninstall it and go for the ipk... alright? I'll report back if the dim screen issue changes/improves.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Remember its not the patch, but an OS1.40/OS1.41 thing (didnt occur with OS1.3.5.1)
    ...and now they have even caj calling it a patch... <smacks forehead> lol

Running 800MHz kernal with CPUScaler Ultimate at 500-800MHz sticking.

No issues to report. One luna restart due to known 1.4.x issue with lock screen which is very annoying.

Thanks again to unix, caj, and others.
    I'm running 800Mhz patch with CPUScaler Ultimate scaling 250Mhz-800Mhz non-sticking and have had NO problems. This sucker flys. It is easy to find out what speeds the CPU has been running and where it likes to idle (Stats screen)
    Caj2008 wanted me to let everyone know about the CPUScaler apps.

They can be downloaded here:
    [url]

Today I released CPUscalerUltimate 2.1.0 which has a lot of new features.

This program has a lot of options. Please be weary of running 125mhz. Some people's cpus do not like these lower frequencies and voltages which leads to a freezes followed by a restart or battery pull. See above link for other cautions.

This app runs great with Caj2008 and Unixpsychos's .sh and ipk kernels!

Thanks, and enjoy the clocking!

number1pete

CPUScalerUltimate version 2.1.0 added features:
    -you can choose to "stick" your current cpu settings so they are applied at reboot
    -displays current stick setting on the stats page
    -displays battery temperature on the stats page

Last edited by number1pete; 04/08/2010 at 03:34 PM.
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by circuitjc View Post
    ...and now they have even caj calling it a patch... <smacks forehead> lol.
    I noticed... Ug!!!!
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Thanks a lot...but while checking speed it shows 60000 instead of 72000 . I installed 720 Mhz patch. Am i doing anything wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoj1 View Post
    While checking speed it shows 60000 instead of 72000 . I installed 720 Mhz patch. Am i doing anything wrong?
    It is a replacement kernel, not a patch.

Did you do something wrong? Probably. If you are seeing 600 instead of 720, this something is wrong. But you have provided no information as to what you did or how you tried to install it. I will take I guess that since you are seeing 600Mhz, you are using the script with Terminus, no?

Check the front/initial posting for instructions. You need to wget the script, then execute it a specific way to install it. The phone will then reboot....
    My 800 is a beast in 1.4.1.1
    I have 1.4.1.1 and installed the 720MHz patch in this thread. Now when I connect my phone to my computer it only charges. It doesnt even pop up asking if I want to use it as a USB drive or just charge. It's acting as if I just plugged it into the AC charger. any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roflmywaffle View Post
    I have 1.4.1.1 and installed the 720MHz patch in this thread. Now when I connect my phone to my computer it only charges. It doesnt even pop up asking if I want to use it as a USB drive or just charge. It's acting as if I just plugged it into the AC charger. any suggestions?
    You need to reset your phone or reset your computer. This is a known issue with Novacom if you allow your phone to reset while it is plugged in.
    trying that now, i was hoping it was something simple and not requiring a visit to the webos doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by roflmywaffle View Post
    trying that now, i was hoping it was something simple and not requiring a visit to the webos doctor
    an easier way to fix this is to open start menu. in the search function type out this , run and click it when it comes up , when the run window pops up type in this, services.msc , then when that window comes up scroll down to palm novacom and right click and hit restart . its alot faster than a full reboot. also when ever your phone resets unplug it from your computer while it resetting and this will happen alot less.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    an easier way to fix this is to open start menu. in the search function type out this , run and click it when it comes up , when the run window pops up type in this, services.msc
    [crxssi@beastie ~]$ services.msc
    bash: services.msc: command not found

(hint: not everyone is using MS-Windows)
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    [crxssi@beastie ~]$ services.msc
    bash: services.msc: command not found

(hint: not everyone is using MS-Windows)
    hint: maybe you should be?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    If your phone is stock with the original keral do you have to remove it first. I already installed the 800 and it transfered successfully and its showing its at 800 when i check the freq through comandline but im wondering if i needed to uninstall the stock kernal frst. thanks in advance for your help.
    Getting an error using WOSQI, (I am able to install other programs in it without any problems)

I get: ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install. .com.........

collected errors:
    Cannot find package unixpsyxho.l1337techmod.800kernel
    check the spelling or perhaps run ipkg update

any ideas???
    Last edited by compnetbobby; 04/09/2010 at 02:50 PM.
    @ kernel developers; are you guys really going to discontinue supporting .sh file? I very much would like to uninstall ipk package and reinstall .sh file because it seems to work on my Pre the best..

With ipk package, my Pre isn't stable.. Some times it would run as if it is overclocked, but then some times it would run like if it's stock on 500 MHz.. Today, my battery drained FAST.. Took my Pre off from touchstone after it's charged fully at around noon and now it's down to like 30's at 4 pm - I used the phone for texts only today, none of internet browsing, gps, or anything..
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hint: maybe you should be?
    hint: Barf!!!!!
    thank you very much for the efforts!
    Last edited by pepitosegrilla; 04/09/2010 at 08:07 PM.