Page 117 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1767107112113114115116117118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 2468
    Quote Originally Posted by pks627 View Post
    Guess I will ask the obvious questions:

You are attempting the shell script install and NOT the ipk install, correct?
    If so did you 'send' the 800MHzOS14.sh file to the /var/home/root directory with WOSQI?
    Double check to make sure the file is in the correct location:

'ls /var/home/root' and verify that it is listed. I think the file must not be in the directory.

If you are using the ipk file, go back and follow the directions in post#1 carefully (the ipk file just needs to be installed with WOSQI (no shell script required).

p.s. The phone should NOT be in USB mode, just charge.
    OK, apparantly there is 2 threads dedicated to the Kernel(sp) patches. I have many problems. One of which I'm too phone dumb.

Ok, I'll give this another try. I abandoned the above in favor of the IPK install because I didn't realize that there was 2 posts. I followed the instructions but I apparently did something wrong because I'm in the "600 club" . When I look in "device management" it says its installed. My problem is that I'm trying to do the fix for installing sh and then restarting twice but I can't seem to figure it out. I realize that it's probably simple but I'm just too phone dumb.

I would appreciate any help, I just don't want to be too big of a burden.
    Last edited by notaphonegeek; 04/07/2010 at 05:22 PM.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    I've been using the scaler patch since just before 1.4.1 update and it is great! I had sporadic restarts before the 1.4.1 update and was not sure if it was the patch or 1.4, but since the 1.4.1 OTA has been installed along with the scaling patch I have not had a single reboot so I believe the problem was with 1.4. I scale form 250Mhz to 800 Mhz and it has worked without any problems (other than the fact that I can't put the phone down now because it is so much more responsive and fun).

Check the forum for:
    CPUScaler Application for Palm PRE - Turn on CPU Scaling or Set the CPU Speed
    Quote Originally Posted by strick922 View Post
    How can i stop palm updates?
    It's on page 105 of this thread.

take note I am a beta user for the cpuscalerultimate version not yet released. We are in the beta stages, but everything seems to be working 100%. Hopefully the editor will release the full version soon to the public because it makes the phone even better. the ultimate version adds the scale of 500-800mhz as well as all of the other options, it also shows a stats button which shows what your currently running it at, the max, the min as well as the scale of how much time your spending at each frequency. With my test It shows with the min set to 500 it not only works alot more snappier , because only having to have to go from 500 to 800, but opening up ram slave programs like games, I never get the too many card error. Which shows that most likely we get them because the stock cpu speed doesnt get to the required 600 mhz (stock) when its launched, prob due to the base scaler is set too low.
    I'm stumped. When I was running the 720MHz kernel, I had no issues with anything, so I decided to go up to the 800MHz kernel. But since I've upgraded, my Pre does a Luna restart roughly every half an hour. I've reverted back down to the normal kernel, which it doesn't do that. Then I tried the 720 kernel again, and it didn't do it either.

I've doctored my phone to see if that would fix it, but it hasn't, and the 800 kernel still does the restarts. Help?
    I've never had a luna restart since I've gotten this new phone,a week ago. Hopefully it never happen,and I'm running the 800mhz kernel ipk.
    Download link seems to be broken. Connects to mediafire page, but shows nothing other than "foo" on the page. Thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    thanks for responding and for this sick patch!
    It is not a patch, it is a replacement kernel
    I am a noob, is WebOSRepair the same as doctoring?
    No. It is similar, but not the same. Dr. will completely replace everything in the OS partition with a stock install. WebOSRepair will compare all the files on your OS partition to an image (that is part of the Dr.) and tell you what differs and allow you to yes/no replace the files that do differ. This makes it more informative, selective, faster, and safer (in some ways- if you know what you are doing with it). Disclaimer- I have never used either.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by nate6138 View Post
    I'm stumped. When I was running the 720MHz kernel, I had no issues with anything, so I decided to go up to the 800MHz kernel. But since I've upgraded, my Pre does a Luna restart roughly every half an hour. I've reverted back down to the normal kernel, which it doesn't do that. Then I tried the 720 kernel again, and it didn't do it either.

I've doctored my phone to see if that would fix it, but it hasn't, and the 800 kernel still does the restarts. Help?
    Some CPUs just can't run stably at 800mhz. Hell, some can't even run at 600mhz! (which is supposedly why Palm chose 500mhz)

Get a "Bad ESN" phone on ebay and swap the front part out, keeping the rear board (Radio). This will preserve your activation info (in the radio), but let you get a new CPU and memory. There are disassembly instructions available online. Incidentally, this is also a good way to repair a Pre with a cracked display.
    can someone re up the 800mhz patch? mediafire is not working...Thanks in advance
    yes someone please re-up the patches. Just uninstalled the 1.4 patch and now can't find a working link to the 1.4.1 patch to install that. THANKS
    Back to normal commute after Spring Break (~1hour each way) and streaming radio set off first ever temp warnings after 45 min or so. Given this will be daily usage, trying out the 720 kernel to see how it affects. There's a difference, but still nice performance boost with the 720...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Found that after running with the 800Mhz .sh file for 48 hours, I randomly have an issue where after clicking the power button, the screen appears either very dimly lit, or not lit at all and the lock will not respond to touch. This issue is often resolved if I open the keyboard. Perhaps this is a good time to remove the .sh and try the IPK... Other than the small issue, there's nothing but love for the speed. No temp problems and the battery is not draining any faster. Muito obrigado!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bypod View Post
    Found that after running with the 800Mhz .sh file for 48 hours, I randomly have an issue where after clicking the power button, the screen appears either very dimly lit, or not lit at all and the lock will not respond to touch.
    I've been having this same problem and I'm also running at 800Mhz script (not the IPK). thorne
    Just wondering....
    Global Posts
    931 Global Posts
    Thanks for your hard-work, donated again.

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    why do people not understand that both the SH and the IPK do the same thing... they are the same kernel swap... the effects your phone are having might be caused by kernel but most likely not or maybe kernel doesnt work friendly with some of your other patches who knows.. but the way you install it wont change any of the issues you may be having
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraTT46 View Post
    Download link seems to be broken. Connects to mediafire page, but shows nothing other than "foo" on the page. Thanks for the help.
    Download links are fine.. check your computer settings or your network
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by bypod View Post
    Found that after running with the 800Mhz .sh file for 48 hours, I randomly have an issue where after clicking the power button, the screen appears either very dimly lit, or not lit at all and the lock will not respond to touch. This issue is often resolved if I open the keyboard. Perhaps this is a good time to remove the .sh and try the IPK... Other than the small issue, there's nothing but love for the speed. No temp problems and the battery is not draining any faster. Muito obrigado!
    I had that problem before the OC kernel (script). I don't seem to have it that much anymore. It was happening a LOT with 1.4.0, 1.4.1.1 seemed to mostly fix it. Not sure that is related to OC.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    I had that problem before the OC kernel (script). I don't seem to have it that much anymore. It was happening a LOT with 1.4.0, 1.4.1.1 seemed to mostly fix it. Not sure that is related to OC.
    It isn't a problem with the OC, it's been happening to me too in both 1.4.0 and 1.4.1.1 with and without the patch.