Page 116 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1666106111112113114115116117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2468
    I am running Webos 1.4.1.1 and just installed the 800MHz kernal and I am very pleased. easy to install and my pre is running fantastic. Battery drain seems the same as before and temp is staying around 27c.
    Quote Originally Posted by packpackpack View Post
    My universal search does not work after installing the ipk either. I type a name, nothing comes up from contacts. I can touch the serach term to drop down the search engine list but that's it. Any fix for this?
    same exact thing here man. Thing is flying but no universal search or Synergy at all. Have to hit the word i type to get the dropdown for wiki, Google but no synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMSD View Post
    How long did you wait after hitting enter? Give it a couple of minutes. If it still doesn't work, you may have to end up doctoring it. Personally, I'd give up my global search for 800mhz. The Pre just flies now.
    will give it a few mins now, didnt think to give more then a minute with no results coming ever
    I have successfully installed the 800mhz IPK patch to my own phone, however when i attempt to on my wife's pre (both sprint) it goes on there, but when i run the cpu test it comes up 600.

I'm baffled since i installed the same way using WOQI as my own phone. And according to the manage device section of WOQI the patch is in fact on the phone.

I tried uninstalling it, and reinstalling it, still nothing.

There are no other patches on the phone except for MHS, and WebOS is current up to date with .1

Any ideas? THX
    Waiting a few minutes on search does not work either. My universal Search is FUBAR...:-(
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Uninstall ipk, power Pre off/on, reinstall ipk

problem solved
    Caj, not sure if u have seen this thread but seems like many are having this issue

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...-contacts.html

And i tried what u said, still no universal
    Why wont my preware open now? Do I have to reload it? After I did the update, its almost like everything is gone.... no patches, preware gets stuck at loading the catalog....whats going on !!! Can someone help?
    Question? (sorry)

I believe that I'm following the directions correctly, but I'm getting "not found" in the linux command line.

Specifically
    /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh: not found

I did the proper spacings and capitalization, but the pre doesn't do a Luna restart??

When the pre is plugged in I put "just charge", should I be on USB mode? I'm wondering if thats the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Installed on my Pre running 1.4.1.1 and everything is running as expected.

Thanks for everyone's efforts!

late,
    Coz
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    Question? (sorry)

I believe that I'm following the directions correctly, but I'm getting "not found" in the linux command line.

Specifically

I did the proper spacings and capitalization, but the pre doesn't do a Luna restart??

When the pre is plugged in I put "just charge", should I be on USB mode? I'm wondering if thats the problem?

Thanks
    Guess I will ask the obvious questions:

You are attempting the shell script install and NOT the ipk install, correct?
    If so did you 'send' the 800MHzOS14.sh file to the /var/home/root directory with WOSQI?
    Double check to make sure the file is in the correct location:

'ls /var/home/root' and verify that it is listed. I think the file must not be in the directory.

If you are using the ipk file, go back and follow the directions in post#1 carefully (the ipk file just needs to be installed with WOSQI (no shell script required).

p.s. The phone should NOT be in USB mode, just charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    Question? (sorry)

Specifically

Thanks
    Copy the entire wget code for install into the Linux commandline
    You did not do the wget which places the file into the directory.... its on the original thread after step 7. just incase i posted bellow

Before running the following commands its a good idea to go back to the Original post and read steps 1-4 which explain what to do if you want to be on the safe side of things otherwise the commands bellow should be all you need to install the desired kernel.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is Linux after so all you guys remember the commands are case sensitive. You need to type them in exactly as they are displayed bellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Caj2008

Wget Alternative to Steps 5-7 (non WOSQI Send File: methods- WOSQI Commad Line Tool, Terminal app, Terminus, Novaterm, SSH, Putty etc.)
    5) Use WOSQI Tools - In Linux Command Line, (or any other terminal method) write

Below Wget code into Commandline for 720 MHz Kernell

Code:
    wget -qO /var/home/root/720MHzOS14.sh http://download273.mediafire.com/msczsnllugwg/zyfmjcmognz/720MHzOS14.sh
    sh /var/home/root/720MHzOS14.sh install
    (Downloads & Installs 720MHz Script to Pre)
    Below Wget code into Commandline for Alternative 800 MHz Kernel

Code:
    wget -qO /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh http://download126.mediafire.com/xal55wbralcg/wmmuhwzmwz1/800MHzOS14.sh
    sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install
    (Downloads & Installs 800MHz Script to Pre)
    To uninstall Kernel and revert back to default kernel run (only works if you have the original kernel script still in your /var/home/root directory this was downloaded to the phone using the first line command of the quoted CODE above)

Reverts 720 MHz Kernel back to default
    Code:
    sh /var/home/root/720MHzOS14.sh uninstall
    Reverts 800 MHz Kernel back to default
    Code:
    sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall
    MatterOfFactJack
    If you installed update while custom kernels were installed just doctor the phone. its not worth messing around as to the fact that these kernels may cause harm to your phone if not taken the correct procedure articulated by Caj2008.

the devs have thoroughly tested the procedure before they made it public and deemed it safe. and it should be followed to a T other wise your phone might melt
    Last edited by jack87; 04/07/2010 at 03:39 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Mine is running great. Now if Al Gore would only speed up the internets....
    Quote Originally Posted by blasted View Post
    so everythings fine, except one thing. not everytime, but often when i put my pre on standby and then unlock it again ( after hours or minutes) it freezes shortly and restarts.Everything else is fine and pre is running very well!
    i have the same issue without the patch. it's a 1.4.1 issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeGee View Post
    i have the same issue without the patch. it's a 1.4.1 issue.
    my phone does this with or without kernels script.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Will there ever be a smartreflex 800? I use the 800mhz modification and do wonder when it will be combined with something energy preserving...
    Quote Originally Posted by indubio View Post
    Will there ever be a smartreflex 800? I use the 800mhz modification and do wonder when it will be combined with something energy preserving...
    why not get the cpu scaling patch it works similar to what you want ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    why not get the cpu scaling patch it works similar to what you want ?
    There is a scaling "patch" that scales up to 800Mhz when active and down to 500 when idle? I haven't seen that... only 600. Where it is?
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Uninstall ipk, run WebOSrepair. Many have seen this without kernel as well (many threads on this).
    thanks for responding and for this sick patch!

I am a noob, is WebOSRepair the same as doctoring?
    I love the 800mhz patch! I'm successfully running it on a 1.4.1.1 Pre Plus and have no stability issues.

However, I do see this a lot in the log:
    Code:
    2010-04-07T21:03:27.738861Z [609] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: void CpuShareManager::writeEntry(const char*, int): Failed to open cpu share file: /dev/cgroup/game/cpu.shares
    Any ideas why?