Page 115 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1565105110111112113114115116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2468
    Quote Originally Posted by El Poblano View Post
    Hey caj, is it possible to uninstall the kernel from the terminal app directly on the pre (to apply 1.4.1.1). Or is it necessary to use WOSQI?
    use the terminal app

here are the commands in this post
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicWind View Post
    root@palm-webos-device: sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install
    tar: Removing leading `/' from member names
    crypto/ecb.ko
    crypto/pcbc.ko
    drivers/block/nbd.ko
    tar: Skipping to next header
    tar: A lone zero block at 952
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    cp: cannot stat 'arch/arm/boot/uImage': No such file or directory
    Rebooting...

try again, I got this error again, any idea?
    its saying the file does not exist . that means you didnt send the kernel to the right place
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    keep installing and unistalling 800 and i dont have synergy anymore!

what do i do?
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post

what do i do?
    say what? explain please lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I just upgraded to 1.4.1 and installed the 800 MHz patch. I am insanely please to tell you guys that I can actually recommend this phone now! I love it -- it's actually and finally seamless.

Anyway, everything is working great, noticed it's a little hotter and consumes a bit more battery power, but it's a willing sacrifice considering the fact that this phone feels and looks and works so damn beautifully now.

Thanks so much for this patch. I am actually a happy customer now.

-
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    All I have to say is that the Pre with this patch works like it should.

-Kevin
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post

what do i do?
    If you mean that when you type a name into search, it doesn't find the contact, I had the same problem. Just type a name in, then hit enter. It takes a few seconds and then loads up. I only had to do it once and it seemed to shake loose the search feature. Not quite sure what was doing it. Now it works like normal (i.e. search while typing)
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicWind View Post
    root@palm-webos-device: sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install
    tar: Removing leading `/' from member names
    crypto/ecb.ko
    crypto/pcbc.ko
    drivers/block/nbd.ko
    tar: Skipping to next header
    tar: A lone zero block at 952
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    cp: cannot stat 'arch/arm/boot/uImage': No such file or directory
    Rebooting...

try again, I got this error again, any idea?
    Hmm, this time you did not get the first sed error. But the tar was only partially extracted. When I look in the script, first it appears this command is failing:

cp arch/arm/boot/uImage /boot/uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430

That is not good... not good at all. It appears you are missing an important file BEFORE the install on your Pre. Might be from an exploded/botched install, or from some other problem. I don't know what state your phone is left in... and it might be bad enough to need to Dr.

The other major problem is the tar error above it indicates your downloaded script/shar is damaged. So you ended up with a partial install. As has been suggested, you do need to redownload the script, and using wget is the safest method. I also strongly recommend you check the size of the file and md5sum it to verify it is good (below is for oc-beta-1.2):

# ls -l 800MHzOS14.sh
    -rw-r--r-- 1 crxssi crxssi 3267933 2010-04-06 22:31 800MHzOS14.sh
    # md5sum 800MHzOS14.sh
    c0e33148b1b126666b97f88c5a3e4f39 800MHzOS14.sh

To the development team- I strongly recommend code is added to the script to check the size of the script/shar before proceeding (or better yet, the md5sum of itself). Otherwise, the tar in the script will blindly overwrite files (although it does appear to make a backup first, which is good).
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Running 3.02, using the most recent of everything. Keep getting Error 5 message under tools, send to

Error 5
    Command: put file:///var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh
    Reply:file open failed

Help!
    Updated to 1.4.1, and installed the 720 Kernel and my Pre is running just as before awsome.

Just to add on when i was on 1.4.0 had the 720 installed for about the week, with a temp never getting more than 35 celsius and as low as 16 Celsius
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    How can i stop palm updates?
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    This is a really long thread, and I did search, but I just can't figure something out...

Want to install the 800 MHz patch, but it says to do with a "clean OS." Does that mean I should uninstall all my patches first before installing the 800 MHz kernal patch?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    No. I installed it with all my patches installed. I belive "clean" means that you don't have a previous overclocking patch installed so the kernel is "clean."
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMSD View Post
    If you mean that when you type a name into search, it doesn't find the contact, I had the same problem. Just type a name in, then hit enter. It takes a few seconds and then loads up. I only had to do it once and it seemed to shake loose the search feature. Not quite sure what was doing it. Now it works like normal (i.e. search while typing)
    i type a name, an app, anything and nothing comes up like before.

I pushed enter, still no response. Happened after i installed the patch properly. Uninstalled it and did again, still no synergy. What can i do besides doctoring it?
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    OK, I installed the 800 MHz kernal patch with the very clear instructions with my few other patches installed, and all I gotta say is, WOW! This thing really hums now. Totally smooth. Amazing. I also installed the temperature warning patch through Preware and will watch this. Thank you all so much. I donated with PayPal.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    insert (copy/paste) wget code in commandline please
    Thanks, but I am lost. do I skip "tool" - "send file"? I dont get it, I had this before doctored my pre, now I get this.

Sorry, I am not that teckie

Update 2:40am: I typed the wget (cant copy/paste) this is the message
    wget: cant open '/var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh' Is a Directory

Update 2:45am: tried the 720 (712.22) and it worked, not sure what the hang up is with the 800
    Last edited by RoverNole; 04/07/2010 at 02:48 AM.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    How long did you wait after hitting enter? Give it a couple of minutes. If it still doesn't work, you may have to end up doctoring it. Personally, I'd give up my global search for 800mhz. The Pre just flies now.
    My universal search does not work after installing the ipk either. I type a name, nothing comes up from contacts. I can touch the serach term to drop down the search engine list but that's it. Any fix for this?
    pull the battery, restart
    I have already tried that, thanks...still doesn't work.
    The problem is with device communication not the ipk.
    How so?

I had an active connection. I checked the current CPU speed prior to each step via command line (using cat /proc/cpuinfo).

By step, I mean prior to each application install/uninstall and/or after each restart. Not each individual step.

(Not stating you are incorrect. I'm just curious.)