Page 113 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1363103108109110111112113114115116117118123 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2468
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I know from recent Pre tests in an oven (48C) that that works also over extended periods, so 45C is quite safe.
    Caj - That's hysterical ! Cooking your Pre !! I laugh to think of what my 9-yr old daughter would say if she saw my cooking my phone in the oven. Thanks for the laugh. thorne
    We (Jason R) have a device temperature warning patch (link 1st page) which always tells device if you are in safe zone (<45C). I know from recent Pre tests in an oven (48C) that that works also over extended periods, so 45C is quite safe.

Stop hijacking threads, this is about Overclocking not Overcooking....
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    You guys deserve double credit. One for working on this and one for answering even the stupidest questions on the fora with patience
    I just want to say thanks for all of your hardwork everyone. I just OC'd to 720MHz and the differrence is great. IDK why but my temps on averrage have gone down too..
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I just wanted to add my voice to those thanking all of you who worked to unlock the full potential of my favorite mobile device. Excellently done, folks!
    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/var/home/root# sh 800MHzOS14.sh install
    tar: Removing leading `/' from member names
    sed: 800MHzOS14.sh: No such file or directory
    cp: cannot stat 'arch/arm/boot/uImage': No such file or directory
    Rebooting...
    when I try to install, get this error message, I have tried to run the command in /, but still failed. would any body help me on this?
    I've only had the 800Mhz kernel running for about a day, but it has been excellent! Thank you so much to everyone involved!

root@palm-webos-device: cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    800000 128237
    720000 0
    600000 0
    550000 0
    500000 932
    250000 0
    125000 0
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Well I am back to normal. After 1.4.1 I waited a few days like most and then re-installed via command line. It just wasn't the same for me though with more pauses and little stutters. To be honest I was more happy with 1.4.1 before the kernel change. So I figured I needed to doctor the phone, my second time in a month after having not done it once since June.

It was a good decision. Phone was doctored yesterday afternoon before I left the house, with updates starting as I walked out the door. That killed my battery of course and it was dead a few hours later when I got home which probably wasn't a bad thing since it gave my phone a chance to rest. Installed the 800MHz kernel via command line last night and it works as normal. Speedy, none of the lag/skipping/stuttering. Good'ole doctor.

I just hate having to set up NewsRoom and DrPodder again.
    Just wanted to say thanks for the great work. This has breathed new life into my Pre--a few weeks ago, I was ready to break my contract and go to another device due to the slowness, but this has brought it back to life. I just donated as well--keep up the good work!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    actually if you send the same exact kernel file (the 720) to phone again you will be able to uninstall. The 720 script file was lost when you did either a web doc or repair utility or something like that to your phone . So just resend it to your phone then uninstall . This will work I had to do this early on in the testing.
    Does sending it to the phone again mean re-installing using the same procedure as the original install? Then would you recommend uninstalling and then reinstalling again, or is this unnecessary?
    Also, you are correct in that I did use the EPR just before Preware was updated because I was getting IPK errors fo every patch I tried to install. I would have waited, but I seemed to be one of a very few people having that particular problem at that time.
    If this works, I will be extremely grateful!
    Quote Originally Posted by drjjd3 View Post
    Does sending it to the phone again mean re-installing using the same procedure as the original install? Then would you recommend uninstalling and then reinstalling again, or is this unnecessary?
    Also, you are correct in that I did use the EPR just before Preware was updated because I was getting IPK errors fo every patch I tried to install. I would have waited, but I seemed to be one of a very few people having that particular problem at that time.
    If this works, I will be extremely grateful!
    I believe he means just sending (transferring) it to the phone again
    (Step 6 - send file to /var/home/root)

All you are doing here is copying the script to the root users home directory.

If the shell script exists there, you can simply chose to execute it using the install or uninstall option. (Step 7 or Step 1)
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 04/06/2010 at 04:27 PM.
    Just wanted to provide feedback on the IPK's.

I attempted to install the 720 IPK using WOSQI and it failed (as I thought it might from reading this thread) on a never OC'd clean version of 1.4.1.1.

I then attempted the 720 install via command line in WOSQI and it worked perfectly. After 2 reboots it shows the CPU at 717.

So as others have mentioned... It appears there may be an issue with the IPK files if the phone has never been OC'd.

Thanks again for all the hard work. My Pre seems MUCH more responsive now.

EDIT: To confirm what I read (and expected) and just experienced. After uninstalling the manual (command line) install, the IPK's work fine for installation.
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 04/06/2010 at 04:27 PM.
    You need to Dr 1.4.0 then update to 1.4.1 to clean your system. Next time be more careful

Quote Originally Posted by drjjd3 View Post
    Is this my only option?

You can doctor straight to 1.4.1.1.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I just installed the 800MHz kernel. Was super fast and easy to do. just make sure to follow instructions perfectly. Will be back to give an update in a few days. Here's to Overclocking! Oh and running perfect so far.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Had the 720MHz sh. kernel installed. I installed it through Termial. It worked great for about a day and a half. Then I replaced the battery and everything went crazy. Everything got very slow, could not open message app or calendar, and my E-Mail disappeared. I attempted to remove kernel through "Terminal" but, it couldn't open location. I removed it with Quick Installer. I now have the Ipk Kernel installed, for about 12 hours now. It appears to be working better then the sh. Ran test showed cpu at 720000. So everything appears good!
    I installed the 720 ipk, ran it for a few hours, then uninstalled to move up to 800. However it did not turn on after restarting and will no longer turn on at all.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Installing zaped my battery life. It was decreasing in increments of 3 instead of 1. I uninstalled it and the battery is still being sucked into lhc. help?
    I think I have the same issue.
    Update: Just went to Radio Shack and got a new battery, put it in and now the phone is booting.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    installing zaped my battery life. It was decreasing in increments of 3 instead of 1. I uninstalled it and the battery is still being sucked into lhc. Help?
    its just the new webos 1.4.1.1. I saw a dramatic increase in battery drain with just the update. Have been running ok with 800mhz installed. Try the 720mhz patch.