Page 112 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1262102107108109110111112113114115116117122 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2468
    i'll just use the easiest way to do it . the ipk is the easiest and quickest lol thanks !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i'll just use the easiest way to do it . the ipk is the easiest and quickest lol thanks !!
    For some of us, the easiest and quickest way *is* to use the command line But it is nice to have choice!
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    For some of us, the easiest and quickest way *is* to use the command line But it is nice to have choice!
    Hehe i have only done it via wget :-) terminal app. too lazy to connect usb cable to computer and try to figure out what the newest version of WOSQI is and all that other junk
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by alxb View Post
    Hey Caj,

The 800Mhz .SH file is not working for me.

crypto/ecb.ko
    crypto/pcbc.ko
    drivers/block/nbd.ko
    tar: Skipping to next header
    tar: A lone zero block at 952
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    cp: cannot stat 'arch/arm/boot/uImage': No such file or directory
    Rebooting...

Broadcast message from root@palm-webos-device
    (/dev/pts/0) at 13:31 ...

The system is going down for reboot NOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    do a

ls /var/home/root

when it reboots
    It seems to me like you did the command line instalation but failed to put the word install after the file name

Should look like this:
    sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install

Not like this:
    sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh
    MatterOfFactJack
    This is now the phone that i can show off to all my friends and family, and not take forever showing a single app!
    Jason,

I have a request!

If I should put it somewhere else please someone let me know.

I know you made a few of the temperature patches, that will notify us if the temp is too hot so we can take action to protect our Pre's.

I know this was mostly created due to the overclocking stuff.

But I had an experience the other day at the beach.

I took almost all precautions to protect my Pre from the sunlight and heat but for some reason that wasn't enough.

I was listening to music through an external speaker system via bluetooth.

All of a sudden, the music stopped.

I went over and touched my Pre and it was hot and off!

I immediately took out the battery just to be safe.

And wrapped it up and placed it in a cooler.

Later, I took it out and put the battery in and all was OK.

But the event got me to wonder?

I did have the temperature patches in there, but maybe a patch that just lets us know what the temperature is not good enough to help protect us.

Maybe we need a patch that will warn us and after no action is taken by the user in 'so many' minutes, the software will shut off the Pre totally!

Maybe write to a log file or send an email, so when we go to turn back on the Pre we will know why it turned off.

I think that some sort of action would be a safer thing to do that just letting us know that the temp is very high!

What do yo all think! Want something like that as well?

Rob

Did I post this in the correct area?
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

You guys are my heros. Palm should be sending you giant buckets of money for all you do, and the value you add to all of us. I've been is the software industry for nearly 20 years, and the quality, innovation, and productivity from you guys since the Pre launched is ASTOUNDING. The Palm investors should think about hiring you to be their advisors....

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    While caj2008 and others have been doing all the hard work in deploying and testing this stuff, I've been quietly working in the background to put the infrastructure in place for automatic kernel builds (including being able to merge different unrelated functionality patches from different authors), integration of the required patches with AUPT-4 (which will support patches to binary files like LunaSysMgr), a custom hardware-patches feed, and the appropriate disclaimers about possible effect on warranty in Preware when you add a custom feed.

I've also been organising other kernel developers to have a good technical discussion with Marco and the developers of previous SmartReflex and Scaling patches to see if any other improvements to the kernel are required for fail-safe OTA behaviour.

At some point in the future (weeks, not days), I expect the streams of effort will converge and caj2008 will have the opportunity to skilfully manage another round of testing of a Preware custom feed.

-- Rod
    I've been using the 800 kernel for three days and not only is all okay, it's fantastic. While I wasn't one to complain about the original speed, now I'm spoiled. I did have more than my fair share of too many cards errors and they are gone. (Okay, I had one last night but its so much better, there's no comparison.)

Anyway, I just made my donation. Thanks to the team that is making this happen! You guys rock!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Jason,

I have a request!

I know you made a few of the temperature patches, that will notify us if the temp is too hot so we can take action to protect our Pre's.

I took almost all precautions to protect my Pre from the sunlight and heat but for some reason that wasn't enough.

I did have the temperature patches in there, but maybe a patch that just lets us know what the temperature is not good enough to help protect us.

Maybe we need a patch that will warn us and after no action is taken by the user in 'so many' minutes, the software will shut off the Pre totally!

Maybe write to a log file or send an email, so when we go to turn back on the Pre we will know why it turned off.

I think that some sort of action would be a safer thing to do that just letting us know that the temp is very high!

Rob

the patch checks every 5 minutes right? maybe that was too long for the pre it didnt have time to warn you.
    That is not a bad idea if it hits say 50c it shuts off after a certain time with no response

Fred
    I have finally taken the plunge w/ 800MHz... this is the OS and UI of Palm's wet dreams IMHO. I have been lurking/running the replacement kernel since the 1.4.1 update with no problems aside from a distorted webpage render right after the replacement. Where is the temp. monitoring application/patch, whatever? In preware? I love that all the intelligent people of the *nix crowd are doing what they do with this phone. You all rock and are HIGHLY APPRECIATED! THANK YOU!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    PLEASE HELP! I am trying to uninstall the 720 MHz kernel that I was unable to remove prior to the recent update. I've had no major issues, but I would like to be sure that everything is set up properly by removing than reinstalling kernel. When I go through the procedure, it is "not found". When I try to check the speed, I receive the same "not found" message. I am at a complete loss as to what to do. PLEASE HELP!!!!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Looking forward to this coming to preware. Still debating on how much to OC my pre though :x
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    You need to Dr 1.4.0 then update to 1.4.1 to clean your system. Next time be more careful
    Is this my only option?
    so are these the same .sh files as we had before or were they modified?
    same ones............
    Th ipk required a major amount of effort and extensive testing was required before allowng public testing. No life OK? And please thank Jason who helped us tremendously too. THings look easier always on the outside...
    I wasn't implying it was easy! Nor did I say nothing has been done since 1.4.0 (obviously there has been a lot of testing, tweaking, repackaging, planning, documenting, helping, etc). Plus I and everyone else are EXTREMELY thankful (and spoiled by the speed now!!!!!). But he said it was recompiled for the 1.4.1.1 kernel which was not a correct statement.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by drjjd3 View Post
    PLEASE HELP! I am trying to uninstall the 720 MHz kernel that I was unable to remove prior to the recent update. I've had no major issues, but I would like to be sure that everything is set up properly by removing than reinstalling kernel. When I go through the procedure, it is "not found". When I try to check the speed, I receive the same "not found" message. I am at a complete loss as to what to do. PLEASE HELP!!!!
    actually if you send the same exact kernel file (the 720) to phone again you will be able to uninstall. The 720 script file was lost when you did either a web doc or repair utility or something like that to your phone . So just resend it to your phone then uninstall . This will work I had to do this early on in the testing.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    how is command line easier or quicker than a drag and drop system of instalation ? Just wondering ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    +1 on a shutdown app at a certain temp.

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Jason,

I have a request!

Rob

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη