Page 109 of 124 FirstFirst ... 95999104105106107108109110111112113114119 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2468
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    Sorry about that, I figured the info was more important than the form I'm just trying to help. I don't know how to save the excel as a jpeg. Also, I need email addresses or address, but you and marco don't have emails in your profiles.
    if you do a search in google for a snipping tool it alows you to take pics of open windows on ur computer or you can use the print screen function in the top right hand corner of your computer and then paste it to paint program on computer
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Just came back to this thread after being on a trip for a few days.

WebOS 1.4.1.1 now with the 800mhz kernel on it. I'd be happy to help with testing it, but have no idea how to do this or who to talk to about what information I need to keep track of.
    Quote Originally Posted by aeroblu22 View Post
    Just came back to this thread after being on a trip for a few days.

WebOS 1.4.1.1 now with the 800mhz kernel on it. I'd be happy to help with testing it, but have no idea how to do this or who to talk to about what information I need to keep track of.
    just click this link and fill out the spread sheet and post it in here for marco and jeff , then you can either ask marco (unixpsycho) or jeff (caj2008) for an email to send too

http://www.mediafire.com/?d1mknmzmtoz
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I'll take a look at it when I get off work in the morning.

(probly not the smartest thing i've done... "HAY SELF, let's overclock my phone when I leave for work in 20 minutes!!!11!1eleventy" )
    ha ha funny
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Just curious... why 720 and not 700? Seems to me 700 would follow the pattern. The 720 is kind of random.
  7. exi
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Running the 800 MHz patch on WebOS 1.4.1.1. No problems of note.
    OK, lets try this one more time.

800mhz1a.JPG

800mhz2a.JPG

That looks a LOT better!

No problems to report here either. The only time it heated to more than 45c was when I was streaming Pandora over my stereo in the car, running Sprint Navigation and charging at the same time. It got up to 48c and I unplugged the charger. took about 3 minutes to get below 40c.
    Last edited by jakelaw; 04/04/2010 at 11:09 PM. Reason: ad info
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    The wget commandline install was removed from thread due to errors (see above) and confusion amongst newbies. I will fix and clarify the new wget protocol in the next few days (newbie friendly).
    Sorta related- I must also point out that I think the script will "explode" (extraction errors, yet still do other stuff, followed by a reboot) if you execute it from anywhere but the root (/) directory. I accidentally ran it once while still in /var/home/root (by just using "sh ./720MHzOS14.sh") and it wasn't good. Thankfully, I ran it again from / and everything went through fine.

I think wget is a very easy and efficient way to get a remote file, where you want it (as long as you can paste the command- like from Firefox into the xterm/konsole running novacom). Yet another method is to use the USB partition and then just mv the file from /media/internal to /var/home/root from the shell.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Just re-installed 800MHz. No issues whatsoever! Glad to have this reinstalled. : ) Will post any issues (if any) that come up. Thank you VERY much for all you and your team do to help make the Pre "A cut above the Rest!".
    caj2008, if you would like my excel file with testing, PM me an email address. I will uninstall the 800MHz tomorrow and do testing on the 500. If you want the 720 I can do it as well. Just tryign to help as much as I can.
    Just post results here. I already have 10 excel sheets which show good safety. Good enough to deploy ipk. The ipk installs fine. The wget fiasco and problems with .sh install have made me decide to push the timetable up for ipk launch.
    cool, looks like I was a little slow........
    Good news Caj, I'll be sure to send you a sheet when the ipk's are up.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thank you for the patch.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Thanks!! Just installed 720 on 1.4.1.1 - no problems so far.

just sweet, smooth speed...
    Sprint|Palm Pre|1.4.1.1
    Just post results here. I already have 10 excel sheets which show good safety. Good enough to deploy ipk. The ipk installs fine. The wget fiasco and problems with .sh install have made me decide to push the timetable up for ipk launch.
    +1 lets go baby...
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Awesome, THANK YOU!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Just wicked! (720)

Now I'm drooling over the 800..
    Sprint|Palm Pre|1.4.1.1
    Can't hardly wait to test the ipk!
    -|\/|ike-
    think im blind caj cant find them. so i should remove the old 800mhz patch the way its shown on the first page and where can i find the ipk?