Page 108 of 124 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98103104105106107108109110111112113 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2468
    Quote Originally Posted by nickgenova View Post
    havent seen this problem yet, but i figure its a pretty bad one to have. WOSQI isnt picking up my phone anymore after the patch. when i plug it into the computer i dont even get the message on my phone for usb mode or just charge.
    I forget to put it in Dev mode sometimes-- this could also be a culprit sometimes!
    for the record i am running 720MHz Kernel been a few days now on sprint 1.4.1.1 and its been flawless.

I havent been to consistent about the battery monitor app other then checking temp im normally between 34 - 42 cel. seems to be okay...

I do however think my battery life has gotten better as odd as that sounds. my theory as to why is that i am not over doing it with 800MHz like most others since 720MHz is more then enough for the simple WebOS apps meant for 500MHz haha. and in doing so less wait time to complete my tasks on the device which equals less screen on time. as much as the hit the faster speed takes on battery the hit the screen being on longer at 500MHz is greater strain on the battery. I believe this is why my battery life seems to be better.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    for the record i am running 720MHz Kernel been a few days now on sprint 1.4.1.1 and its been flawless.

I havent been to consistent about the battery monitor app other then checking temp im normally between 34 - 42 cel. seems to be okay...

I do however think my battery life has gotten better as odd as that sounds. my theory as to why is that i am not over doing it with 800MHz like most others since 720MHz is more then enough for the simple WebOS apps meant for 500MHz haha. and in doing so less wait time to complete my tasks on the device which equals less screen on time. as much as the hit the faster speed takes on battery the hit the screen being on longer at 500MHz is greater strain on the battery. I believe this is why my battery life seems to be better.
    would you mind going to the first page and downloading the spreadsheet and doing some testing? if so that would be nice. its quite easy to do . then when your done just post the finished spreadsheet on here and send a copy to marco and jeff. thanks !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Had to uninstall my patch, it was over-heating all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by tainvst View Post
    Had to uninstall my patch, it was over-heating all the time.
    yes do what caj2008 said just uninstall and reinstall and check it out also run the repair utility on ur phone as well it could have been a memory leak is all .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    would you mind going to the first page and downloading the spreadsheet and doing some testing? if so that would be nice. its quite easy to do . then when your done just post the finished spreadsheet on here and send a copy to marco and jeff. thanks !
    Will do when i get a chance. As of right now i am only running 720MHz Kernel and dont have much interest in the 800MHz as the 720MHz is just fine but if testing is needed let me know i will test for 800MHz as well

Now lets also keep in mind... the results in this controlled testing will show battery life longer for 500MHz of course. but in regular day to day tasks I feel like my battery life has gotten better because i have a tendency of hitting the power button to shut off screen when phone is not in use as i always hit the red button on my old palm devices to (lock turn off screen) so the tasks i do on my phone before took much longer time meaning my screen must remain on for a longer period of time taking a big hit on the battery (phone temp) where as now the tasks are preformed much much and i mean much quicker so the amount of time it takes for screen to remain on is minimal compared to before resulting in longer battery life and perhaps not getting as hot either (not sure about the heat)
    Last edited by jack87; 04/04/2010 at 05:45 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Will do when i get a chance. As of right now i am only running 720MHz Kernel and dont have much interest in the 800MHz as the 720MHz is just fine but if testing is needed let me know i will test for 800MHz as well
    yes testing is needed and alot of it is needed . out of over 500 downloads of the spreadsheet only like 30 have been turned in or completed so.... thanks !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    yes testing is needed and alot of it is needed . out of over 500 downloads of the spreadsheet only like 30 have been turned in or completed so.... thanks !!
    check out my edit/update to the post.
    MatterOfFactJack
    thats fine they just need results to tests on spread sheets
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    running 16 cards on the sprint pre with the 800 kernel on 1.411 for about 15 minutes now, including high memory apps such as google maps, email program, browser, camera app, photos app and battery temp has plateaued at 43 degrees...on the other hand, last couple days had been running the stock kernel..while charging in my car and making 1 phone call or keeping google maps open, temp went up to 52!...only downside is my battery is draining at 42%/hour!!!...I'm sure the ambient temp in my car and charging the phone has a lot to do with the temp of the phone...oh and btw, i'm writing this on my laptop off the mobile hotspot from my pre while running 16 cards!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    running 16 cards on the sprint pre with the 800 kernel on 1.411 for about 15 minutes now, including high memory apps such as google maps, email program, browser, camera app, photos app and battery temp has plateaued at 43 degrees...on the other hand, last couple days had been running the stock kernel..while charging in my car and making 1 phone call or keeping google maps open, temp went up to 52!...only downside is my battery is draining at 42%/hour!!!...I'm sure the ambient temp in my car has a lot to do with the temp of the phone...oh and btw, i'm writing this on my laptop of the mobile hotspot from my pre while running 16 cards!!!!
    you can do the testing too if you like !! just go to the first page and download the spread sheet if you can .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    you can do the testing too if you like !! just go to the first page and download the spread sheet if you can .
    will do in the near future.
    unistalled and reinstalled 800 and i seem to have lost Synergy!

what do i do?
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    unistalled and reinstalled 800 and i seem to have lost Synergy!

what do i do?
    what do you mean lost it lol ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    you shouldnt need it just from installing and uninstalling a kernel script ?!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Will ipk work for 1.4 on Verizon?
    See post #2409
    Last edited by jakelaw; 04/04/2010 at 10:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blasted View Post
    what do you mean by that? installing the patch other way than through quickinstall?
    Yes. I installed the patch thru the Pre Terminal app.
    Used the info from this thread.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-your-pre.html

I already had the file on the Pre from the previous install so I just had to re-install it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    Will ipk work for 1.4 on Verizon?
    yes it will work for you

Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    I have the first phase (800MHz Kernel) of the spread sheet filled out and will work on the 500 kernel tonight. Here it is in a text format.
    Your Information: Kyle Andersen (jakelaw) kylespre@gmail.com

WebOS Version 1.4.1.1
    Carrier: Sprint
    Model: CDMA

Patch Status: Preware, Battery Monitor, 100 more autoreplce words,
    4x4 icons v3, actual words instead of icons, ad blocker, add date-mm/dd,
    alarm daily options, all-day events in month view, app scoop,
    battery icon and percent, capture with volume keys, character counter,
    device menu remix with flashlight, device temperature warnings,
    enable hidden clock, enable landscape email, enable landscape messaging,
    enable landscape youtube, fullscreen mode browser, improved photo naming PRE, more standby times, multimod, open to alarm list, PDF redux,
    power button ends calls, ringer switch icon, show actual battery percent,
    temperature with battery in device menu, timestamps clean,
    unthrottle download manager, video camera flashlight, virtual keyboard

Build Date: 09/30/09"
    Standard tests
    800mhz
    Boot Time (secs) 00:02:16
    Luna Restart (secs) 00:01:07
    Launch Pdf View 00:00:04
    Launch Photo App 00:00:03
    Launch Music App 00:00:02
    Launch Calendar 00:00:03
    Launch Camera 00:00:04
    Launch Email 00:00:02
    "Launch "The Art of War" 00:00:02
    launch Mileage Monitor 00:00:05
    Launch App Catalog 00:00:04
    launch Epocrates 00:02:01
    (including loading data over wifi)
    launch Epocrates 0:00:04
    with no data loading
    Frequency Tests: evdo two bars
    800mhz
    Render Browser (Launch) 00:00:02
    Render Palm.com 00:00:17
    Render Precentral 00:00:11
    Load Google Maps 00:00:12
    Load Sprint Navigation 00:00:05
    Load Facebook App 00:00:16

Frequency Tests: Wifi download+17.18mbs upload+2.62mbs
    800mhz
    Render Palm.com 00:00:07
    Render Precentral 00:00:07
    Load Google Maps 00:00:07
    Load Sprint Navigation 00:00:05
    Load Facebook App 00:00:04

Pre Temperature Monitor:
    800mhz
    0 Minutes 30
    10 Minutes 29
    20 Minutes 29
    30 Minutes 27
    60 Minutes 35
    120 Minutes 28

Battery Drain Per Hour:
    800mhz
    0 Minutes 59
    10 Minutes 18.39
    20 Minutes 15.89
    30 Minutes 12.99
    60 Minutes 18.8
    120 Minutes 14.5

Comments & Additional Info:
    I don't have any 3-D games to test so I replaced those items with things I regularly use like a book I am reading, Mileage Monitor, and Epocrates. Durring the one hour mark on the temp and drain tests, I was streaming Pandora and checking some email/mild web surfing. so drain went up and so did heat.

Sorry about formatting, it looked great prior to posting.
    instead of text formatt search web browser for snipping tool , its free and its pretty simple to use then post it up here and send to marco and jeff please ! thanks alot !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Make jpeg of excel sheet and attach it. Don't put data as text in thread (too much space)
    Sorry about that, I figured the info was more important than the form I'm just trying to help. I don't know how to save the excel as a jpeg. Also, I need email addresses or address, but you and marco don't have emails in your profiles.