Page 103 of 124 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2468
    Quote Originally Posted by jdworsky View Post
    Sorry for being the newb, and I realize this thread is full of people asking questions that have already been answered, but... What is the difference between these two "kernel options" vs the "550 and 600 MHz LunaSys Mgr Ipk install"? Is the answer "about 200 MHz" or is there more to this, since it seems the latter is good-to-go with 1.4.1.1, but the former is not?

Thanks,
    Joe
    I believe that on the first page or so there is a benchmark, showing the processing gains from the various OC levels.
    I am currently sending the 800MHz to my 1.4.1.1 webOS... will post updates if I come across any issues.

BTW how do I uninstall the patch? Just want to know for future reference when the new patch is released for the current webOS.

Thanks
    Page 1 of this thread has all the instructions.
    I decided to test the 800MHz kernel but have not been successful. I downloaded the file and then, using the send-to command in WebOSQI, I installed it to my Pre. QI said that step was successful. Then I attempted the second step, using the Linux command line to load up "sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install" but what I got back was this:

sh/var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh: not found

I also tried the 720 kernel but got the same result. Just to make sure it was not successful, I tested my Pre's speed using the BogoMIPS Method and I received back:

cat /proc/cpuinfo: not found

I assume I'm doing something wrong as the instructions don't feel intuitive to me - no doubt due to my lack of experience doing these things. If anyone can point me in the correct direction, I'd appreciate the help!

Thanks
    i had serious GUI lock ups and freezes all day im not sure if the 800mhz patch on the 1.4.1.1 was the cause cuz i am still having the issues after installing. I later installed the 600mhz and still had the same issues and then uninstalled that and i am still getting extremely slow GUI response and eventual freeze up, even at stock 500mhz. None of this was happening until i reinstalled the 800mhz though
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Stearns View Post
    I decided to test the 800MHz kernel but have not been successful. I downloaded the file and then, using the send-to command in WebOSQI, I installed it to my Pre. QI said that step was successful. Then I attempted the second step, using the Linux command line to load up "sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install" but what I got back was this:

sh/var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh: not found

I also tried the 720 kernel but got the same result. Just to make sure it was not successful, I tested my Pre's speed using the BogoMIPS Method and I received back:

cat /proc/cpuinfo: not found

I assume I'm doing something wrong as the instructions don't feel intuitive to me - no doubt due to my lack of experience doing these things. If anyone can point me in the correct direction, I'd appreciate the help!

Thanks
    Make sure to put a space between sh and /var.

so the correct command line should be "sh_/var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh_install"

Where the underscores are spaces.

And: "cat_/proc/cpuinfo"
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    720Mhz Kernel is running great so far. Battery life is excellent when its sitting on a desk. =)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I know many have moved on to the new OS 1.4.1, but I decided to manually bypass updates and keep my phone at 1.4 while still running with the 800 patch (about 2 weeks now) and thought I would note an interesting freeze that occurred for the first time. Was putting it on the touchstone (having the magnets connect) when the screen came on and I quickly tapped the power button to shut it off, the screen locked with no response. The phone froze and I wound up needing to hold down the power button for 10 sec. and the unit did a luna reset. Phone is running smoothly again after reset, but quite the strange anomaly. Anyone else experience something similar, perfect operation since install and then wham, random glitch? How bout you resistors out there...how many of you are bypassing 1.4.1 and waiting for a little .ipk love?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I was, but today my wifes got auto dowloaded and once that happens it's only a matter of time till you accidentally press install now. So I pulled her 800 patch, and then pulled mine (no autoupdate, but it would have happened at the least opportune time), so I just updated to 1.4.1.1.

Gonna miss the speed, it really was significantly faster, and fairly stable, but with the update out, I could have bricked my brand new Pre (had a June 6th pre, but the screen micro crack was a so bad I had to replace it).
    Question: Does EPR remove the 800mhz patch?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by titanyium View Post
    Question: Does EPR remove the 800mhz patch?
    no

see page 1 for uninstall instructions
    My experience:

WebOS auto-updated last night, WITHOUT uninstalling the 800MHz patch. No problems with the update; it went through simply as if my patch was never there.

Went through all of today with the old (lack of) speed and wanted to throw my Pre off a cliff. Reinstalled the patch over 1.4.1.1 about 5 hours ago and seem to be right back where I was before the OS update, in terms of speed and performance. I haven't noticed anything that would indicate incompatibility, at least with my configuration.

Temperature is also completely under control (as it was with the previous incarnation).
    Last edited by thechairman; 04/03/2010 at 03:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymook View Post
    well, unless the battery monitor is lying, i'm seeing a huge drain / hr %...like 20%...gonna reboot and let it sit idle again and see what happens.

battery temp at idle is around 26 tho so thats good.
    the battery thing was a false alarm. a reboot and everything is perfect. played w/ the phone all night...nothing bad yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by thechairman View Post
    My experience:

WebOS auto-updated last night, WITHOUT uninstalling the 800MHz patch. No problems with the update; it went through simply as if my patch was never there.

Went through all of today with the old (lack of) speed and wanted to throw my Pre off a cliff for lack of speed. Reinstalled the patch over 1.4.1.1 about 5 hours ago and seem to be right back where I was before the OS update, in terms of speed and performance. I haven't noticed anything that would indicate incompatibility, at least with my configuration.

Temperature is also completely under control (as it was with the previous incarnation).
    VIA My question in my previous post, i asked because i did a full erase and then doctored my pre, AFTER i had installed the 800mhz patch and forgot about it (hehe?) lol, anyways, it all worked fine, and now my pre is running at a normal 498.**
    heres my results so far running 800mhz with the beta cpuscaling ultimate on 1.4.1 on sprint. So far I have no issues at all, and with the soon to be released scaler it actully functions better. The ultimate version displays stats as well telling you where your scaled at, and how much time your spent on each freqency. Though I say above about a freeze, I believe its the 1.4.1 update from palm thats doing that, I had that issue before reappling the 800 kernal and scaler.
    Well I went to reinstall the 800MHz patch, and got a write error again.

It happened the first time i tried it, and I had to Doctor, but then it installed fine. Looks like I am going to have to Doctor again if I want it on.

So looks like I am waiting for the ipk

"root@palm-webos-device: /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install
    tar: Removing leading `/' from member names
    crypto/ecb.ko
    crypto/pcbc.ko
    drivers/block/nbd.ko
    drivers/net/ifb.ko
    drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    arch/arm/boot/uImage
    sed: write error
    Rebooting...
    root@palm-webos-device: "

After reboot the CPU is still reading near 500, so. What is the command to delete the 800MHz file that I sent to the pre anyone?
    Last edited by Oronare; 04/03/2010 at 08:13 AM.
    Ok I just installed the 800, I will report all my findings. I have also filled out part of the spread sheet on stock so will test against the 800. Thanks Again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oronare View Post
    Well I went to reinstall the 800MHz patch, and got a write error again.

It happened the first time i tried it, and I had to Doctor, but then it installed fine. Looks like I am going to have to Doctor again if I want it on.

So looks like I am waiting for the ipk

"root@palm-webos-device: /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install
    tar: Removing leading `/' from member names
    crypto/ecb.ko
    crypto/pcbc.ko
    drivers/block/nbd.ko
    drivers/net/ifb.ko
    drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    arch/arm/boot/uImage
    sed: write error
    Rebooting...
    root@palm-webos-device: "

After reboot the CPU is still reading near 500, so. What is the command to delete the 800MHz file that I sent to the pre anyone?
    Is this what you are looking for?
    /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    i had serious GUI lock ups and freezes all day im not sure if the 800mhz patch on the 1.4.1.1 was the cause cuz i am still having the issues after installing. I later installed the 600mhz and still had the same issues and then uninstalled that and i am still getting extremely slow GUI response and eventual freeze up, even at stock 500mhz. None of this was happening until i reinstalled the 800mhz though
    Well, months ago (before 1.4 and before the 800 mhz patch) I was having problems with random lock ups. and it turned out to be my battery. It was dying. Got a new battery and everything was fine. Not sure why. One simple test is to replace the battery.

If it's not the battery, I'd backup all your info and doctor the phone. Restore it to factory. Install 1.4 and check it out. If there are still problems then it might be your hardwar.

I've had the 800 mhz patch on 1.4.1 and everything is fine so far. (Who am I kidding, everything is great!!!) So I don't know if it's the patch. I doubt it, but following the above will tell you.
    installed 800 last night after I did the upgrade and everything is working great.
    Fred