Page 102 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92979899100101102103104105106107 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2468
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    Is there any way I can get my pictures off of the USB drive?
    I am afraid that is probably impossible at this point. But I think the Dr. has an option for NOT wiping the "USB drive" (/media/internal/). If you choose not to wipe it, the pictures, videos, and such will still be there after the OS is restored. (Note- I have never had to Dr. before, so I am basing that on info I remember from other threads).
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    I appreciate the help a ton guys. Thanks! It's finishing doctoring now.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Update:

It has been determined that the kernel for OS1.4.1.1 is slightly different than the below version on the server. The source code for OS1.4.1.1 version will be unavailable for some time. The current script does appear to work for many, but some new issues have been reported after running the kernel several days. For those with issues, an uninstall procedure apparently fixes this implying it is kernel related. For these reasons the ipk deployment has been halted to discourage inexperienced users.

Further testing is required so the kernel script will continue to be made available to the public on the server for those who want to test it out. The more data the better but remember you use it at your own risk (experienced troubleshooters welcome). Please report what you find here. If it is deemed from this testing that the kernel is not compatible, it will be removed from public download.

It's a sad day for pre users....
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    It's a sad day for pre users....
    im using the 800 .sh file working great on my pre!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    decided to give the 800 another go. will report back any issues i run into. waiting for my phone to boot back up.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    well, unless the battery monitor is lying, i'm seeing a huge drain / hr %...like 20%...gonna reboot and let it sit idle again and see what happens.

battery temp at idle is around 26 tho so thats good.
    ive been running 800 since yesterday on my gsm 1.4.1, it works 100%, is their anything more official i can test or report?
    reinstalled 800MHz OC after recent webos update (i was fully prepared to accept the associated risks as I though it was outweighed by the benefits ...running for almost 3 days now, haven't ran into any probs yet, temps been okay, maybe a little more battery drain? but then again I've been using the phone slightly more...all my applications (native and 3rd party) are running flawlessly (web, phone, messaging and email open up so fast I barely see the splash screen on these guys)...will report back if (or when my pre is "frakked"
    Wow, so after this error when trying to uninstall the patch:

root@palm-webos-device: sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall
    boot/uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/tisgxgfx/
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/tisgxgfx/bc_example.ko
    tar: lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/tisgxgfx/bc_example.ko: Wrote only 4096 of 6656 bytes
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/tisgxgfx/pvrsrvkm.ko
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/tisgxgfx/omaplfb.ko
    tar: lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/modules.ofmap
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/tisgxgfx/omaplfb.ko: Wrote only 5632 of 9416 bytes
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/drivers/
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/drivers/misc/
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/drivers/misc/exmap.ko
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/modules.symbols
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/modules.seriomap
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/modules.dep
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/net/
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/net/ifb.ko
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/net/
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/net/wifi/
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/net/wifi/sd8xxx.ko
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/net/wifi/uap8xxx.ko
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/arch/
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/arch/arm/
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/arch/arm/boot/
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/arch/arm/boot/uImage
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/modules.ieee1394map
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/modules.usbmap
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/modules.alias
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/dspbridge/
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/dspbridge/bridgedriver.ko
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/modules.isapnpmap
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/modules.inputmap
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/modules.pcimap
    lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/modules.ccwmap
    usr/bin/LunaSysMgr
    tar: usr/bin/LunaSysMgr: Wrote only 3072 of 10240 bytes
    etc/event.d/PmNetConfigManager
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    Rebooting...

My phone will no longer boot up.
    WOW, that really sucks!
    I haven't used the 1.4.x doctor yet. But I've used several of the previous versions. And I know that the 1.3.x version did not erase the data on the usb drive. Versions earlier than that did. I suspect that the 1.4.x version of the doctor also does not erase the USB drive. But I have not tested it.

You might try using the 1.3.x doctor, then extracting data off the usb drive and then re-doctoring w/the 1.4.x doctor.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    I got it going guys. Thanks for all the help. I just used the WebOS Doctor 1.4.1.1 and it did not remove anything from the USB drive. I forgot the new version doesn't touch the flash part of the drive. Anyway, thanks again, I look forward to seeing this running well on the new update!
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    I'm re-installing the 720Mhz kernel. If you guys need any data from me (logs, etc) please let me know, I want to do my part to help you!
    I've been using the 720 kernel for two days now and haven't noticed any issues at all. I'll report anything that comes up though.
    I doctored the other day (following the 1.4.1.1 update and some tabbed launcher patch issues) and all of my pictures came back with my profile.

**EDIT** I saw after I posted that you had it covered.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I've been using the 720MHz since Wednesday evening (re-installed after update), everything has been running great. I too have noticed a very slight decrease in battery life in 1.4.1.1 compared to running this kernel in 1.4 (around 1.5-2% more per hr.). I would also add that the temperature has jumped about 5 degrees while charging with the touchstone compared to 1.4 (I can only use for about 15min. then have to remove).

All is good, while tethering, gaming, etc. Just watching the battery a little more on my end as a precaution.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymook View Post
    well, unless the battery monitor is lying, i'm seeing a huge drain / hr %...like 20%...gonna reboot and let it sit idle again and see what happens.

battery temp at idle is around 26 tho so thats good.
    i get about 28 percent drop an hour when using the browser without the patch, almost 30 with the patch.. think i need to exchange my phone.. i have 1 email account set to always checking, no gps, screen brightness halfway, using wifi, and i can loose up to 28 percent an hour.. I have a slight physical damage on the side of my phone, so i doubt bell will exchange it...
    Got through first full day with the 800 mhz script re-installed after the update. All is working great. In fact, it seems to be even faster and more smooth than before the update. Has anyone else noticed a similar performance bump?
    Was just wondering, as it's crazy, ridiculous fast, no increased battery drain, and even seems to be running cooler than before the update. God I love 800 mhz!
    The Saint
    I keep my Pre on a charger whenever I use it at work or in the car. Mostly regular phone stuff, but I do continuosly stream Slacker via bluetooth. Before latest WebOS update 800mhz OC worked great. Now I get tons of overheating alerts. As of now I've removed the OC because it is such a pain in the a** to have to shut down so often. I really miss the speed. Any ideas? By the way I got my Pre in June of 09.
    John
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    It has been determined that the kernel for OS1.4.1.1 is slightly different than the OS1.4 version on the server. The source code for this version will be unavailable for some time. The current script does appear to work for many, but some new issues have been reported after running the kernel several days. For those with issues, an uninstall procedure apparently fixes this implying it is kernel related. For these reasons the ipk deployment has been halted to discourage inexperienced users.

Further testing is required so the kernel script will continue to be made available to the public on the server for those who want to test it out. The more data the better but remember you use it at your own risk (experienced troubleshooters welcome). Please report what you find here. If it is deemed from this testing that the kernel is not compatible, it will be removed from public download. Please dont ask when new version will be deployed (no clue)

Well, I did not expect this result ..... I thought it would be a day or two before the 800mhz ipk would be ready. So now I sit back and pat myself on the back for holding off on the 1.4.1.1 update until the Psycho and Caj get out of their spring break hot tub and hope for the best (kidding, relax). But now I have to re-examine the 1.4.1.1 update and look at what I am missing ..... so far not too much ... I love the 800 so more kudos to caj and psycho. The video overwriting thing is a pretty big issue for me. I know there weresome speed gains on its own with the update but ..., the camera shutter thingy fixy (that was annoying) but what else???? Well, off to read and refresh. Happy spring break speed demons, you earned it. ;-)

Oh and thanks to Ruddogg for his thanks and tips on making my tips work .... damn it, I was almost helpful .....
    Sorry for being the newb, and I realize this thread is full of people asking questions that have already been answered, but... What is the difference between these two "kernel options" vs the "550 and 600 MHz LunaSys Mgr Ipk install"? Is the answer "about 200 MHz" or is there more to this, since it seems the latter is good-to-go with 1.4.1.1, but the former is not?

Thanks,
    Joe