Page 10 of 124 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Many thanks for these patches, installed flawlessly and works great. Thanks to all that put in all their own time to make something like this for all of us to use and enjoy.. Thanks again.
  2. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    awesome, thanks!
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    Nice, I'm also using a 3rd party dock to charge my pre, on idle temp is at a solid 32-33*C.

Id like to monitor touch stone temps, but without battery monitor saving periodic files, i might have to dedicate some time to check myself
    Maybe we can request from the creator of the battery monitor to output the temps to a file. Couldn't hurt to ask. Whats the worst he'll say... NO?

I'll make the first request. If not I'll pull the file out and set the code myself just rather not "steal" his code.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    biggest increase in speed I've found so far is with the phone app. instantly its there, and being a phone after all.....

next would be the web launcher
    Quote Originally Posted by schofs99 View Post
    biggest increase in speed I've found so far is with the phone app. instantly its there, and being a phone after all.....

next would be the web launcher
    same here, messaging app loading is about the same but the sending of messages and typing and scrolling for me are much faster
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    How different is the pixi kernel than the Pre? I figured it wouldnt work but thought I would give these patches a shot. It gives this error:
    /var/home/root/720MHzOS14.sh: cd: line 31: can't cd to /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/
    crypto/ecb.ko
    crypto/pcbc.ko
    drivers/block/nbd.ko
    drivers/net/ifb.ko
    drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    arch/arm/boot/uImage
    Rebooting...
    Can somebody explain the difference in the two processor chipsets that are not allowing this patch to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Maybe we can request from the creator of the battery monitor to output the temps to a file. Couldn't hurt to ask. Whats the worst he'll say... NO?

I'll make the first request. If not I'll pull the file out and set the code myself just rather not "steal" his code.
    There is no file output API. However if he wants, he could use my FileMgr api to write to a file
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    The IO speed of the Pre is the bottleneck now. cant make that go any faster.

I am working on a complete ROM that strips out all the bloat and it does make a much zippier phone. i dont know how far thats going as i'm eyeing the HTC EVO or a N1.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    the virtual keyboard also has a lot less lag
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    You guys are awesome. Thx for all the hard work.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    No detailed info to share on speed improvement, but it's been very nice at 800MHz .

I wanted to share my info on the temperature/touchstone stuff. My idle, Pre sitting on the desk doing nothing, temp is 26c. I put it on the Touchstone and after 10 minutes it got to 32c. After another 10 minutes it is still at 32c, so it seems to be staying there for now.

I don't have anything to share on in-use temperature yet. Additionally, I never put the Pre under constant use while it's on the Touchstone (i.e. watching long videos, etc).
    Hecks yeah...now my pre flies!!!...thanx marco...thanx caj....time to start pickin on otha phones forreal now!!! LOL...oh by the way easiest command line install ive ever come across! great job guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post

I've just twittered him, but to be fair, if you do it yourself and send it to him to update his current ap (with a mention to youself ofcourse) I'm sure he'd appreciate that...I'd love to to the coding myself but im just starting to look at linux! (my uni only taught us vbvbvb.$net$ $in$ $our$ $programming$ $module$!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post

I am working on a complete ROM that strips out all the bloat and it does make a much zippier phone. i dont know how far thats going as i'm eyeing the HTC EVO or a N1.
    what is the IO marco?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    This is awesome!!!
    The first message in this thread suggests disable this prior to any OS update.

However, it does not mention disabling it prior to running Jason's webOS Repair Utility -- that would seem equally as important as well, no?

Just curious...
    I uninstalled the 600 Mhz Indepdent patch using:
    sh /var/home/root/600MHz_OSIndependentpatch.sh uninstall

I then ran the commands to see the Stats_in_time and the Cpu Freq and it is indeed in 500000 range.

When I do: ls /var/home/root

it still shows up this: 600MHz_OSIndependentpatch.sh

I check again and try to uninstall and there is not a patch in there. Does this truly mean it's gone??? I gotta know b4 installing the 800 patch!
    WOW, I started with the 720 and it flies now... you guys are awesome
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Works great. feels like a brand new phone.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post

The EVO is tempting, but let's be honest, Android just isn't as nice. Thanks for all you do, and if you get a complete ROM running, that would be amazing. I know we'd all love it.

I'm curious, though... what bloat is there that you would strip? Are you talking about removing unnecessary apps, or optimizing code in general? If it makes the phone better, I want it!