1.    #1  
    Hello all,

I hope I haven't overlooked and thread, but I've been searching for a while and can't find an answer.

I recently had to completely restore my Pre... it was getting incredibly slow, wouldn't update apps, and had random freezes and shut downs more than necessary. I restored via WebOSdoctor and before it finished, the program said the Pre became disconnected, however, it wasn't... it just sat there untouched. So, after removing the battery and rebooting... all seemed normal, like the first time I set it up. All seemed well.

But now it won't update. I'm stuck on version 1.1 (which is totally uncool). After opening the Updates card, it endlessly is "checking for updates..."... for hours and hours, in great coverage, with no results.

My question is if there's any way of updating the software from the computer... a file I can download and manually put it on there. If not, does anyone know if a Sprint store would be able to tell that I used Preware and what not? Since it's under warranty and I have the extra coverage they should be able to take care of it for free, I hope.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Get the version you need and fire it up:
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
  3.    #3  
    Thanks a bunch! One hiccup though... every time I plug my phone in when it asks, it never recognizes it and or highlights the next button. Tried reinstalling... tried restarting the phone... but still no connection. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by aleafalls View Post
    Thanks a bunch! One hiccup though... every time I plug my phone in when it asks, it never recognizes it and or highlights the next button. Tried reinstalling... tried restarting the phone... but still no connection. Any suggestions?
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/How_To_Recover