Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I get an error that says "Your account has expired. Renew or call 88.TeleNav.4" What does this mean? How can the account expire? Are they charging for this service now?
    Something is wrong with your Pre, take it in and have it checked because it is still free.
    I'm having this exact same problem. It started mid-drive on a Sunday afternoon a few weeks ago and hasn't worked since.

I called the number and found out that the navigation service is contracted out by Sprint to another company. They said that they had no record of my phone number in their system - that as far as they were concerned, I should not have Sprint Navigation services. I called Sprint and they said all my account information was fine, but that I should bring my phone in. So, I took my phone to as Sprint store and they said they couldn't work on it because I "hacked" it. (I have Preware loaded, and have installed a few patches.)

Is anyone else having problems? Any resolutions?
    Quote Originally Posted by fretlesst View Post
    I'm having this exact same problem. It started mid-drive on a Sunday afternoon a few weeks ago and hasn't worked since.

I called the number and found out that the navigation service is contracted out by Sprint to another company. They said that they had no record of my phone number in their system - that as far as they were concerned, I should not have Sprint Navigation services. I called Sprint and they said all my account information was fine, but that I should bring my phone in. So, I took my phone to as Sprint store and they said they couldn't work on it because I "hacked" it. (I have Preware loaded, and have installed a few patches.)

Is anyone else having problems? Any resolutions?
    Just incase of next time, before you take your phone to the sprint store, take out all the patches. If you have insurance on your phone and you return the phone for any reason with patches, you'll get charged the original price of that device....Just incase you didnt know. As far as that goes, only telnav can fix that. You can bypass them because you need them to run the nav...so yeah..
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by susank2 View Post
    I get an error that says "Your account has expired. Renew or call 88.TeleNav.4" What does this mean? How can the account expire? Are they charging for this service now?
    Are you on the advantage club plan ( through Sprint employee) ?

If yes, then you need to pay $10/mo for Sprint TV/Sprint Music/Navigation.
    My navigation is also showing expired.....got the big run around from both sprint and telenav. Telenav wants me to bring it to a sprint store and have them wipe and reload the telenav software....my confidence level is low.

Joe