Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I'm just wondering if anyone knows of anyway to delete some of the default apps that Sprint has put on the Pre? Most of them I just don't use, and do not want! I know when I had my Palm Centro (before I switched to the Pre) I was able to delete any and all default applications that Sprint and Palm had put on the phone....But I cannot seem to do that now with my Pre. Any ideas? =D
    which apps do you want to delete?
    Can't be deleted, but there are patches to hide some of them.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Actually, they can be deleted but you have to gain linux access to your phone either by a) ssh/novaterm/some other login access or b) using the command line in WebOS Quick Install. You also need to know the right command to use which depends on each application you want to delete. It's not as simple as a tap-delete. Also, any apps you delete will return with every update. But it can be done.
    If you are familiar with Linux/unix commands, try this:
    Patch Launcher Hide-Delete The NASCAR App - WebOS Internals

If you have no idea what that is doing, it would be safer to just install Preware and the "hide NASCAR app" patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Actually, they can be deleted but you have to gain linux access to your phone either by a) ssh/novaterm/some other login access or b) using the command line in WebOS Quick Install. You also need to know the right command to use which depends on each application you want to delete. It's not as simple as a tap-delete. Also, any apps you delete will return with every update. But it can be done.
    I suppose I knew that, was referring to the "ordinary" method of deleting an app (using the orange button).
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    No, it's not that simple. Just get the hide patches from prewre, it's probably the easiest way to "get rid" of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post

Ok let's say tha i deleted Sprint Tv via WOSQUI, how do i re-install it?
    The only way I know how is reflashing with WebOS Doctor, unless you can find an installable package out there from Quick Install.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketh View Post
    The only way I know how is reflashing with WebOS Doctor, unless you can find an installable package out there from Quick Install.
    Is there anyway to use just the part of the Doc.
    need it to reinstall?
    Quote Originally Posted by VampyreKei View Post
    I'm just wondering if anyone knows of anyway to delete some of the default apps that Sprint has put on the Pre? Most of them I just don't use, and do not want! I know when I had my Palm Centro (before I switched to the Pre) I was able to delete any and all default applications that Sprint and Palm had put on the phone....But I cannot seem to do that now with my Pre. Any ideas? =D
    It doesn't hurt anything to leave those default apps alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by armepocho View Post
    Ok let's say tha i deleted Sprint Tv via WOSQUI, how do i re-install it?
    Always back up your files if you delete it just in case.

Otherwise run WebOSRepairUtility to get back the files that are missing.
    Which can be found in Jason's Canuck Software section.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.