Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 18 ... LastLast
    I would rather have a good clean install myself so I say I can wait. Not that I want to wait, mind you ha ha !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I have to say thanks to Jeff and Marco, but also that they ruined my pre for me.

I was experiencing the general bugginess of 1.4 and decided to doctor my phone back to 1.3.5.1 and add the 720 mhz patch. Now the phone is amazing. I can't get over how much smoother everything is. The only problem is that palm won't let me install some of my apps on 1.3.5.1, such as pandora, mileage monitor, checkbook, etc. Now I'm faced with the terrible decision of having a lightning-fast phone without my apps or a sluggardy phone with my apps. I blame Marco and Jeff for this problem, 'cause clearly it's their fault!

<wishing the sarc-mark were real>
    PMed shadow, guys, we're talking about Caj here. It's obviously a safe install, he knows what he is running is safe. Not to mention... it's a kernel, it required a good deal of getting it working but what could go wrong? If your phone gets overtly hot, shut it down and uninstall. If it gets frakked, use Caj's method to doctor it.

Have confidence, is Caj is confident you should be. He's a very methodical man from what I have seen. He knows what he is doing, as well as psycho.

So please, bring it Caj, this pre is getting boring.

Thanks,

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    SqyArc,

When have you known me to release something before its ready. The cdma tests will finish soon but I offerred Shadowa360 the first opportunity other than myself to test the GSM kernel. There has been silence for four days. If I don't hear back within 1 day the opportunity will go to someone else. Hence this a limited alpha test. It will be rolled out soon but do a PM. I am tired of waiting for an answer due to a promise I made.

The truth

[/B]
    You said it better than I could, i'll test... *smiles*
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    PMed shadow, guys, we're talking about Caj here. It's obviously a safe install, he knows what he is running is safe. Not to mention... it's a kernel, it required a good deal of getting it working but what could go wrong? If your phone gets overtly hot, shut it down and uninstall. If it gets frakked, use Caj's method to doctor it.

Have confidence, is Caj is confident you should be. He's a very methodical man from what I have seen. He knows what he is doing, as well as psycho.

So please, bring it Caj, this pre is getting boring.

Thanks,

Dave
    +1
    and, we are all grownups here (i hope), if someone feels that something is not for him then DONT DO IT, but at least, the ones that do want to do this, can.
    for once I wish I was on a GSM network instead of a CDMA... Nah, Sprints still cheaper and I'm still patient lol
    I need a few more days before release. It must be safe on all versions of the Pre so I was semiserious in my email
    Does that mean testing is done on the CDMA or GSM kernel?
    hey caj... will it be safe for your neibhors up there at bell as well ??
    SqyArc,

When have you known me to release something before its ready. The cdma tests will finish soon but I offerred Shadowa360 the first opportunity other than myself to test the GSM kernel. There has been silence for four days. If I don't hear back within 1 day the opportunity will go to someone else. Hence this a limited alpha test. It will be rolled out soon but do a PM. I am tired of waiting for an answer due to a promise I made.

The truth
    [/B]
    Caj, thanks that's all I needed to hear Like I said I have the utmost trust in you and Marco, I've been very impressed with the precautions you've both taken since you begun development.

I'll email you about testing on the GSM model.

Cheers
    SqyArc
    Ok folks the tension releasing melodrama is over. Marco and I deserve to have some fun. In all seriousness, the patch if all the testing goes well on completion of cdma and gsm tests will be released in one week (no less and no more) but depends on my partners mutual approval. Well use the same WOSQI method since it has been pretty safe so far. It will eventually be rolled out to custom feed. That's the plan. OK?
    Okay. Sounds great, big thanks again to you and Marco.
    Last edited by supercluver; 03/20/2010 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Fixed the quote to properly reflect caj2008's updated post...
    Will you be including the original 1.3.5 alpha testers in the alpha testing phase for 1.4?
    Oh ok. I meant in the interim testing before you make it public. In any case, if you need another tester, you have my email via our previous IM conversation where I sent it to you for the 1.3.5 alpha testing .
    I'm excited :-) I was getting ready to doctor back to 1.3.5.1 before they took down the files.
    We are limiting this test to those who went above and beyond the call of duty for us (as we believe it is safe) and am making sure. This will be for all versions of Pre only
    So it'll work on 1.4? Wow.
    We are limiting this test to those who went above and beyond the call of duty for us (as we believe it is safe) and am making sure. This will be for all versions of Pre only
    *crosses fingers and raises hand*
    sweet !! Jeff I will talk to ya after I get off work this afternoon. Have a great day!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    hey marco you do post enough ha ha !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Ok, if I can join testing let me know. I was on the original alpha testing for 1.3.5.1.
    Cant wait till next friday! Woot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hey marco you do post enough ha ha !!
    unfortunately I work for a living .

I dont have too much sequential time to go through the forums with a fine tooth comb. And I have been missing out on bashing trolls.
    Live free or DIE!
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 18 ... LastLast