Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    A small question for those involved... Is the newer kernel only optimized for the speed improvement or have any other modifications been made to make the kernel better in terms of the original 1.3.5.1?
    Thanks for the hard work. Please let me know when the 1.4 version is available. If you need people to test the 1.4 version prior to its general release please let me know. I am happy to be part of the test team. Regards, Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by rxs2k View Post
    There is an application you're asked to download via preware called BatteryMonitor.

Download this application open it up and select the detailed battery info option on the menu.
    thanks, i used to use it but i forgot the name of this app.
    I got the 800 up and working and it is awesome. There is a huge difference on my phone, the speed difference is unreal. My phone has also not felt any warmer than it was prior to the patch. I am glad that I went back to 1.3.5.1. A huge thank you to Jeff and Marco. Also to SqyArc and Shadavis08 to helping me along the way. I put Battermonitor on this morning and I am going to do the tests early next week.
    Hi

First of all thanks for the great work you guys are doing
    I installed the 600 Mhz patch and already everything is running way faster and smoother. So i'm really looking forward for the additional 200 Mhz

But i have one question. I know overclocking of pc cpus and so i asked myself how it is done on a smartphone. I mean can you simply raise the clock without affecting the rest of the system (memory and so on), or is there even need for higher cpu voltages?

Thanks
    After running @ 800 mhz for a day, I can say that my Pre feels better than ever. I have been running battery monitor and for me, at least, it seems like the drain is less than when running 1.4.
    I've ran NFS and played for over an hr with fewer crashes compared to stock, and recovering from the crash is almost instant so it's less of a hassle than before.

As far as temps are concerned I haven't gone about 40 degrees yet, so that's good news for me.

Any improvement is a step forward and I'm happy that I went back to 1.3.5.1. I've lived without a video recorder for this long, what's another month or two???

Thank you Jeff and Marco. You guys are why I love buying "niche" phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Sent you understandable PM
    got it. im too clouded. warned you. thanks.
    If anybody knows where to get the 1.3.5.1 doctor (I'm not asking you to give it to me, just if you know where to get it) please PM me.
    720MHZ seems to be the sweet spot. 800MHZ kills too much battery and is not worth the small speed increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Since Marco and I have been under enormous pressure, I have decided to inflict the pressure on someone else just for the sake of it (grin on Shadow360). I authorize everyone interested in OS1.4 that unless I get a personal email from Shadow360 (who knows what this is about), I will delay deployment of the new overclocking software. I do this because I am an angry northeasterner who longs to be back in silicon valley but can no longer afford it. Let Shadow360 know (grin....grin). As soon as I hear back, the software will be rolled out very soon. Please be assured safety ethics will be maintained but I agree my agenda is highly suspect.

HaHa,

Jeff (caj2008)

PS: Marco is not to be blamed for my behavior. I am just really tired and have become insane!
    Do not PM us about this as it is irrational behavior at best!
    What is the time frame of "very soon" or was that part of the joke as well? Cause if it isn't out in the next week or so I'm going to revert back to 1.3.5.

Thanks!
    ok whats the catch lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    hello jeff and marco !! whats new ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Great work guys...

CREDIT IS GIVEN WHERE CREDIT IS DUE.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Hello I'm watching this very carefully as I'm very interested in getting my hands on the 1.4 version. I just wanted to pop in and say thanks to all involved for all of your hard work.

P.S. I'd be very willing to help test if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hello jeff and marco !! whats new ?
    It's coming. I can smell it.
    i wonder if the 2600 mAh Seidio battery will increase sales once this patch is released.

nice thread tag, btw.
    Shadow will be PM'ed like crazy today! Take my word for it!
    I pm'ed him. I hope he emails sooner than later
    pm'ed shadow !!!!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Hmm, I'm slightly confused by this. If you think it's ready, release it by all means - if you feel there is increased risk using 1.4 instead of 1.4.x then I think it should be delayed.

I'm actually in favour of a closed alpha and a closed beta model in situations like this where this is potentially a high risk.

I know a lot of people will want me to shut up because they want their fast Pre's sooner rather than later - but it's expensive to replace your device and I'd rather wait an extra few weeks than regret installing the mod.

I say stop pressuring them and let Caj2008 and Unixpsycho decide when to release their modification. They haven't let us down so far and they have my trust.

*Doesn't PM Shadow*
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast