Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334
    Quote Originally Posted by enormous View Post
    Don't worry cocochannel, you're not going crazy. The same thing happened with me, and here's what I believe is going on:

It looks like the script was written with the assumption that the user would be doing an OTA upgrade from 1.3.5.1 to 1.4. In doing this, certain files that are used by the script are left in place, and the script will be successful. It is a different story if, like me, you used the 1.4 doctor. The 1.4 doctor does not include the files that are assumed to be there by the script, so the kernel modifications that the script puts in to place never happen. But the modifications to other system files DOES happen, so when you reboot the phone it tried to clock to 800MHz, but since 600MHz is the max that the (old) kernel will allow, it gets clocked to 600MHz instead.

I'm not sure if the exclusion of these key files was intentional on Palm's part or not. We can only hope that when the 1.4.1 doctor becomes available it has them. Otherwise your (and my) best bet would be to doctor back to 1.3.5.1 and run the OTA upgrade again. Unfortunately, that isn't happening for me, because I can't find a place to download the 1.3.5.1 doctor any more!
    what files are not included by Palm?

I am looking in the webOS Doctor right now and I see the kernel file and all the modules.
    Live free or DIE!
    users whom went from 1.2 doctor straigt to 1.4 WILL have errors and max out at 600mhz ( I posted this before)

you MUSt doctor version 1.3.1 to add the special files (also includes the DIA USB files in 1.3.1)

even an OTA straigjt from 1.2 to 1.4 will not work.

steps are 1.2, to 1.3.1, to 1.4 (must doctor 3 times total)
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    users whom went from 1.2 doctor straigt to 1.4 WILL have errors and max out at 600mhz ( I posted this before)

you MUSt doctor version 1.3.1 to add the special files (also includes the DIA USB files in 1.3.1)

why would anyone want to do that?

There are easier ways of formatting and deleteing all the partitions to get a full wipe. but oh well, too many pages of threads to go through to understand what's going on.
    Live free or DIE!
    Palm added special files in 1.3.1 doctor, which stangely are not found in 1.3.5.1 nor 1.4

(this includes the USB DIAG files)

Am I reading this right, you must doctor it three times? You cannot do a 1.3.1 doctor, then OTA update to 1.4?

I bought my pre with 1.3.1 then updated to 1.3.5.1 then 1.4 then back to 1.3.5.1.

what do i do now?
    1.3.1: meaning you already have the special files, the above doesn't apply to you (only apply if you are from 1.2 going straight to 1.4)

are you looking to start fresh? Just click full erase under device info and doctor to 1.4
    I know I'm behind the times w/ the advent of the optimized 1.4 kernel and all but, thought I'd chime in and say THANKS (already done via button). I've been running the 1.3.5.1 800 MHz kernel for a couple days. All is well! I'm very happy. I'll be submitting a well deserved donation in a couple weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDZEdge View Post
    I know I'm behind the times w/ the advent of the optimized 1.4 kernel and all but, thought I'd chime in and say THANKS (already done via button). I've been running the 1.3.5.1 800 MHz kernel for a couple days. All is well! I'm very happy. I'll be submitting a well deserved donation in a couple weeks.
    you should change over to the 1.4 kernel now lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i think running on 720 MHz is safer..my pre was way too hot at 800MHz..goin up to 44c..now it stays around 38c
    When is ipk coming out?