Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    could you please be a little bit more specific, i don't understand what you mean by use ls......and when i'm in what folder?
    sorry, just run ls /var/home/root/ from any folder.
    will webos dr revert to the stock kernel if we visit the dr to go from 1.3.5.1 to 1.4?
    Never Mind... the helpful people over on the IRC channel have answered my question...

To those who have the same question, the answer is yes; it will revert back to stock.
    Thanks to the great patch! I love my phone more then ever now!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!!
    Yeah...I wasn't sure at first...but after using the phone as opposed to just playing around..umm...WOW. I am not going to say its blazing fast, but so much of the annoying lag crap is either gone or at least greatly minimized. The phone feels good! Thanks to you guys for your hard work, you've likely made hundreds of people MUCH happier!

Examples:

• Switching apps in card view and advanced gesture while pandora is running has 100% NO LAG!
    • No preview card for the phone...opens immediately, I could CRY!
    • The camera opens almost instantly, which is incredible since its been nearly unusable for me since 1.4.
    • Photos...wholly crap the app is faster and the rendering of each photo is at least twice as fast
    • Universal Search is the speed it needs to be finally
    • The web doesn't seem to load all that much faster, BUT, you can interact with the page while its loading which makes a huge difference.
    • In general, everything is snappier
  6. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Incredible... Awesome job guys.. Thank YOU!!!
    A renewed love for the Pre; Awesome job!!!
    I think I got a new phone, with this update. I tested half a day, and I think the best phone I ever had. Blazing fast, with great potential in it. I hope everybody else on the world will find out, what this small fast awesome phone knows. Of course the knowledge needs to be thanked to you guys, the programmers, who made this phone so clever!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I would appreciate if you could share some of the great new kernel experiences on my latest You Tube site
    Can you post a link please?
    Is there a way to scale the CPU back based on the screen state while still using this kernel?

Refer to Clipcarls script for CPU Scaling:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-app-here.html
    This would be ideal if we could not only run this at 800Mhz, but also scale back to lets say 125 or 250 when the screen is off.
    Palm Pilot m100 --> Alltel Razr V3c --> Alltel HTC PPC6800(Mogul) --> Alltel HTC Touch Pro --> Alltel Rokr Z6M --> Alltel Palm Pre

Speed at 70Mph using MyTether using Alltel Hybrid Rev A
    http://i30.tinypic.com/2iu733d.jpg
    Work superb - nice work guys!
    I dont understand. I did the intall of 800 and it went fine. when i check my phone it says BogoMIPS: 597.68 .
    I didnt install 600)
    Quote Originally Posted by cocochannel View Post
    I dont understand. I did the intall of 800 and it went fine. when i check my phone it says BogoMIPS: 597.68 .
    I didnt install 600)
    yes you did ?? how did you do that
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yes you did ?? how did you do that
    what do u mean?

are you being sarcastic?
    just sayin yes you installed the 600 and not the 800 and wondering how you did that . Lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    just sayin yes you installed the 600 and not the 800 and wondering how you did that . Lol
    unless the files that are on the first post are wrong I tried to install both 800 and 720 and it both end up being 600.

I NEVER installed 600

so i dont undersdtand why i end up with 597
    Last edited by cocochannel; 03/27/2010 at 10:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cocochannel View Post
    unless the files that are on the first post are wrong I tried to install both 800 and 720 and it both end up being 600.

I NEVER installed 600

so i dont undersdtand why i end up with 597
    Don't worry cocochannel, you're not going crazy. The same thing happened with me, and here's what I believe is going on:

It looks like the script was written with the assumption that the user would be doing an OTA upgrade from 1.3.5.1 to 1.4. In doing this, certain files that are used by the script are left in place, and the script will be successful. It is a different story if, like me, you used the 1.4 doctor. The 1.4 doctor does not include the files that are assumed to be there by the script, so the kernel modifications that the script puts in to place never happen. But the modifications to other system files DOES happen, so when you reboot the phone it tried to clock to 800MHz, but since 600MHz is the max that the (old) kernel will allow, it gets clocked to 600MHz instead.

I'm not sure if the exclusion of these key files was intentional on Palm's part or not. We can only hope that when the 1.4.1 doctor becomes available it has them. Otherwise your (and my) best bet would be to doctor back to 1.3.5.1 and run the OTA upgrade again. Unfortunately, that isn't happening for me, because I can't find a place to download the 1.3.5.1 doctor any more!
    Wrong. Please see my above post. I've heard this multiple times from multiple people, and the assumption that everyone who is experiencing an issue did something wrong on their end is a bit insulting. (OK, so the majority of issues are chair-keyboard interface errors, but not all of them! )
    Quote Originally Posted by enormous View Post
    Don't worry cocochannel, you're not going crazy. The same thing happened with me, and here's what I believe is going on:

It looks like the script was written with the assumption that the user would be doing an OTA upgrade from 1.3.5.1 to 1.4. In doing this, certain files that are used by the script are left in place, and the script will be successful. It is a different story if, like me, you used the 1.4 doctor. The 1.4 doctor does not include the files that are assumed to be there by the script, so the kernel modifications that the script puts in to place never happen. But the modifications to other system files DOES happen, so when you reboot the phone it tried to clock to 800MHz, but since 600MHz is the max that the (old) kernel will allow, it gets clocked to 600MHz instead.

I'm not sure if the exclusion of these key files was intentional on Palm's part or not. We can only hope that when the 1.4.1 doctor becomes available it has them. Otherwise your (and my) best bet would be to doctor back to 1.3.5.1 and run the OTA upgrade again. Unfortunately, that isn't happening for me, because I can't find a place to download the 1.3.5.1 doctor any more!
    Im quite not sure what u mean since I'm on 1.3.5.1... ( I had 1.4 for a day when it was just released but i doctored it right back to 1..3.5.1)
    Quote Originally Posted by enormous View Post

in other words it was a bad install then ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη