Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334 LastLast
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Can we get a update caj2008?
    patience, people.
    he had some bs to deal with in regards to his home life. He made it for all of us so it's cool with me if it is not out till tomorrow heck it's not like everyone who downloads it donates I'm sure they have regualer jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by junkTzu View Post
    From the other forum...
    aww, man i thought i was still on that tab... lol..

man i got way to many pages open...
    Yay! caj2008 is online! Let's cross our fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josephc1991 View Post
    Yay! caj2008 is online! Let's cross our fingers.
    Don't tease me!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

i hung in there as long as I could but its after 1am where I am and I will have to stop back tomorrow to see if its been dropped yet. g'nite folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Don't tease me!
    it feel almost as a WebOS update to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xepe View Post
    it feel almost as a WebOS update to me!
    I think I might be even more excited about this. The updates jus fix a few prob (create a few) and add a lil bit of functionality. This is going to make the whole webos experience better. (hopefully lol)
    guys please help me out here. i'm trying to uninstall the 600MHz patch i have, but when i type in: sh /var/home/root/600MHz_OSIndependentpatch.sh uninstall in the commandline in WebOS Quick Install, it says: /var/home/root/600MHz_OSIndependentpatch not found.....What could be the problem? I'm preety sure that i still have the patch installed because when i type: cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq, i get 600000.

Any help please?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    guys please help me out here. i'm trying to uninstall the 600MHz patch i have, but when i type in: sh /var/home/root/600MHz_OSIndependentpatch.sh uninstall in the commandline in WebOS Quick Install, it says: /var/home/root/600MHz_OSIndependentpatch not found.....What could be the problem? I'm preety sure that i still have the patch installed because when i type: cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq, i get 600000.

Any help please?
    I was having problems with that a couple of hours ago. When you're in that folder use the ls I think and it showed luna600patch.sh or something similar for me, type that in the command instead. Restarted luna mgr and it was set.

Any help please?
    I was confused as well, not sure why the tutorial states it incorrectly. The command is "sh /var/home/root/luna600patch.sh uninstall"
    wheres 720 1.4, dont feel like reading
    Quote Originally Posted by precrack View Post
    wheres 720 1.4, dont feel like reading
    Then go to bed.
    thanks guys!!
    Quote Originally Posted by azumak View Post
    I was having problems with that a couple of hours ago. When you're in that folder use the ls I think and it showed luna600patch.sh or something similar for me, type that in the command instead. Restarted luna mgr and it was set.
    could you please be a little bit more specific, i don't understand what you mean by use ls......and when i'm in what folder?
    Quote Originally Posted by beanis View Post
    then go to bed.
    lol!! Ns!:d
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Josephc1991 View Post
    I was confused as well, not sure why the tutorial states it incorrectly. The command is "sh /var/home/root/luna600patch.sh uninstall"
    it still says that it is not found
    could you please be a little bit more specific, i don't understand what you mean by use ls......and when i'm in what folder?
    You could run ls /var/home/root/ and then see if you can find something similar to the name of the patch.
    its finally here guys check out under today's posts! yess!!!!!

(edit) sorry guys there were a few errors in this post so ill post the revised one, oh and just incase here is the link to the post: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...install-b.html

Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Optimized WebOS 1.4 Kernel Video/WOSQI 720Mhz/800 MHz Easy Install for Pre phones.

You Tube Link 1 :

You Tube Link 2-autoplay :

MP4 Format: http://www.mediafire.com/?wkgdeexznrj

WMV Format: http://www.mediafire.com/?m1wyzjlzzim

We will release the OS1.4 optimized kernel (720 and 800 MHz) to the public with the explicit that you must follow the below instructions precisely.

This is a collaborative effort between unixpsycho (Marco) and caj2008 (Jeff). Don't troll on us as we know what were doing because our Pre's are fricking fast (instructions as easy as 12Pre).

For all information regarding our "safe" OS Independent 550 and 600 MHz patches (ipk installer coming soon):

QuickInstall 600 MHz (or 550 MHz)-Simple Patch:http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ple-patch.html
    .................................................................................................... ......................................

For previous information regarding our "safe" OS Dependent 720 and 800 MHz patches for OS1.3.5.1:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...1-3-5-1-a.html
    .................................................................................................... ......................................
    I. Introduction: There are two new kernel scripts available to the public (OS1.4 only)

800MHzOS14.sh-runs boot and all programs OS at 800 MHz
    Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?wmmuhwzmwz1

720MHzOS14.sh-runs boot at 800MHz and runs all OS programs at 720 MHz

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?zyfmjcmognz

Install of 720 or 800 MHz Kernel for OS1.4 WebOS Version of Palm Pre

Disclaimer: This doesnt work on Pixi-dont even try please. Ose only on Pre brands. These are newer optimized kernels for OS1.4 use only. Do not use on any other OS version or you may may frakk your Pre. You must read and abide to all the below guidelines. This may shorten the lifetime of your cpu so be forwarned and to due so will be at your own risk. Our initial data shows good safety, and no significantly higher battery drain or cpu temperature as a result of use of this kernel (data still being collected)

Please Note: We haven't had any "Pre freezing or bricking issues" but I do have a solution if it is a software related issue-hopefully you'll follow this tested protocol (see my below thread):

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...008-rules.html

Safety Rules
    1) Install this after the Operating System (OS1.4 only) has been installed and running 1 day.

2) If you need to update to new OS, uninstall patch before update but don't use this kernel on new OS (it may frakk your Pre)

3) Do not install if Pre feels hot (>45C), make sure it is cooled down first before proceeding

Warning: If you have more than 1.0Gb of 3D games downloaded by the Palm app installer upon any OS update (or reset), put phone in airplane mode once in a while to cool it down (15 min cool/1 Gb installed). The continual download process imposed by Palm can potentially fry your phone at any frequency (depends whether you monitor temp or not). Note also that Mobile Hot Spot and other tether operations can warm up your phone so be careful when used in combination with other prolonged cpu intensive programs (give them a break once in a while, until below <35C). Use the temp monitor function in menu of the battery monitor app (preware, of course. Unless the app is dependent on the web and constantly using data (i.e. causing radio activity), leaving it open has no real impact on battery. The cpu's not spending any cycles running the app's code if it's blocked waiting for someone to interact with it, and memory chips have no idea what is or isn't active data; they consume the same amount of power holding their bits whether those bits are allocated or not (some wording by ktessner).
    .................................................................................................... ........................................
    II. Correct Install Procedure: (Developer mode on and WOSQI properly installed)

Please see tutorial install jpeg attachments at end of thread.

1) Uninstall the existing cpu patch the same way you installed it (options: commandline or WOSQI script). For example if you have the 600 MHz LunaSysMgr patch (Luna600Patch or the alternatively named 600MHz_OSIndependentpatch) installed via WOSQI, for the latter named version, you would first uninstall via the below procedure (visa versa for the 550 named patch version). To enable the patch, a Luna restart is required.

***The Kernel Patches are different than the LunaSysMgr Patch in that Power off/on is required after uninstall or install procedure and that using a LunaSysMgr restart will not enable the kernel.***

Example 1 if WOSQI Script was used:
    under Tools - Linux Command Line
    sh /var/home/root/luna600patch.sh uninstall
    Luna Restart or alternatively Power Pre off and on (both will work)

Example 2. if WOSQI Script was used:
    sh /var/home/root/600MHz_OSIndependentpatch.sh uninstall
    Luna Restart or alternatively Power Pre off and on (both will work)

Example 3. if WOSQI Script was used:
    sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS1351.sh uninstall (uninstalls 800 MHz kernel)
    ***You must Power Pre off and on***

This will bring you back to 500 MHz!

2) Check Speed (3 ways to do so, I prefer the BogoMIPS Method):
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    -should see 500000 increase as a function of time

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq
    -should see 500 MHz

cat /proc/cpuinfo
    -should see appropriate BogoMIPS in MHz (ie-498.07)

3) Allow OS to run for at least 4 hours to equilibrate but make sure Pre is not hot (>45C) before proceeding with Procedure 2 (steps 4-13)

720 MHz or 800 MHz OS1.4 Protocol:Install file via WOSQI script only please

Since we have newbies in the group, you must install either 720 or 800 MHz script one at a time (sorry to have to mention this)

4) To use either "kernel script patch" you have to be in Developer Mode and must use WOSQI (properly installed).

5) Need to download file from my website and download to your desktop:

720MHzOS14 or 800MHzOS14 to desktop (or chosen folder)

Warning: You can only install one cpu patch at a time (believe I have been asked)

6) Use WebOS Quick Install Tools - Send File /var/home/root

7) Use WOSQI Tools - In Linux Command Line, write
    sh /var/home/root/720MHzOS14.sh install (installs 720 kernel)

or alternatively write

sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install (installs 800 kernel)

you will observe the following in either case

tar: Removing leading `/' from member names
    crypto/ecb.ko
    etc.
    etc.
    Please reboot

10) Power off/on Pre (essential hardware reset step)

11) Check the speed (ie-for the 800 MHz patch cpuinfo command you should observe the following (OS at 800 MHz):

root@palm-webos-device: cat /proc/cpuinfo
    Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
    BogoMIPS : 796.91
    Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp
    etc.
    etc.
    etc.1
    root@palm-webos-device

12) Please let us know about your experience on my thread and
    participate in the testing.
    For the latter, you will pick a series of tests and using battery monitor app vailable from Preware (note temp calculator is in menu) to compare 500 MHz (before kernel) to the 720 MHz and 800 MHz kernel just like the alpha testers did. The tests need to be done under nearly identical conditions. Try to duplicate experiments that seem out of the ordinary and note that some of the tests depend on the speed of your internet connection as well (variability). The excel sheet is provided in the below link:

Data Report Sheet Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?d1mknmzmtoz

13) Uninstall procedure:
    Use WOSQI Tools - In Linux Command Line, write

sh /var/home/root/720MHzOS14.sh uninstall (720 MHz kernel)

Or alternatively write

sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall (800 MHz kernel)
    .................................................................................................... ...................................
    III. Palm Pre CPU/BUS Performance Tests-500/600/720/800 MHz (new section): Two different kinds of benchmarks; Javascript performance and raw CPU bus throughput. Both measure and scale to the CPU clock speed. The Javascript test is the same tests used in iPhone, Android, and Pre comparisons on the Internet. The SunSpider test is a JavaScript benchmark. This benchmark tests the core JavaScript language only, not the DOM or other browser APIs. It is designed to compare different versions of the same browser, and different browsers to each other.

These results (not all shown) show that the Phone is indeed running fasterand past 800 Mhz the phone cant feed IO any faster to the CPU.

SunSpider test (http://www2.webkit.org/perf/sunspide...nspider.html):
    (3 tests each and took median result. lower is better)

500 static (OS1.3.5.1 w/ optimized kernel): 23695.6ms

600 scalable OS1.3.5.1 (w/ optimized kernel): 20139.4ms

600 static (OS1.3.5.1 w/ optimized kernel): 20062.6ms

600 static (OS1.3.5.1non-optimized kernel): 20228.4ms

*720 static (OS1.3.5.1 non-optimized kernel): 16680.2ms*

*720 static (OS1.4.0 non-optimized kernel): 15050.4ms*

**800 static (OS1.3.5.1 w/ optimized kernel): 14936.6ms**

**800 static (OS1.4.0 w/ optimized kernel): 13607.2ms**

Note: Bus (I/O) speeds were the same (as expected). The SunSpider tests are faster due to the greatly enhanced javascript engine of OS1.4 vs. 1.3.5.1.

Conclusion: kernel in OS1.4 (better javascript engine) is more effective than OS1.3.5.1

Raw kernel CPU throughput Test:
    (3 tests each and took median result. lower is better)

800 (Same on OS 1.3.5.1 and 1.40 Versions):
    root@palm-webos-device:/# time dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/null count=10000000
    10000000+0 records in
    10000000+0 records out
    real 0m 38.14s
    user 0m 4.99s
    sys 0m 32.82s

720 (Same on OS 1.3.5.1 and 1.40 Versions):
    10000000+0 records in
    10000000+0 records out
    real 0m 45.69s
    user 0m 5.76s
    sys 0m 38.60s

600 (Same on OS 1.3.5.1 and 1.40 Versions):
    10000000+0 records in
    10000000+0 records out
    real 0m 53.10s
    user 0m 7.63s
    sys 0m 44.54s

500 (Palm Standard Frequency Same on OS 1.3.5.1 and 1.40 Versions):
    10000000+0 records in
    10000000+0 records out
    real 1m 3.37s
    user 0m 9.53s
    sys 0m 52.85s
    .................................................................................................... ...................................
    We would like to thank: Shadow360, SqyArc, Shadavis08, Blu8503, Jason Robitaille and RWhitby for aid in achievement of our goal (to make Pre more exciting)

If you like this work, please donate below:

We would appreciate it that you input the thanks button here!!
    Last edited by jred7o7; 03/25/2010 at 11:50 PM.