Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast
    Whats the battery life like at 800mhz?
    its not to bad . it does consume a little faster then stock but the speed is worth the trade off for sure !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Luckily for me.. the Pre has trained me to live by a TS. I've got them all over the place. Battery duration isn't an issue for me unless I'm away from the shop or home for an extended period of time.. But even then.. I'd be around my truck.
    I've got 4 batteries and 2 touchstones I don't care how it drains, I'm excited for the speed
    caj2008 + marco, I think you have sprung new life into the pre with all your hard work. From the video, it looks like a completely new phone and makes it much more usable without all the delays.

Thank you

:: waits anxiously for the 1.4 release::
    how come on my pre, I cannot load the youtube link?

it reads 'cannot find that video'
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post

did you broke it ?? ha ha ha just messin lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post

Try that on the pre, then click on the video.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    [url= - 800Mhz Kernel on GSM Palm Pre Running webOS 1 4 0[/url]

Try that on the pre, then click on the video.
    That one doesn't work for me either. Thanks for trying though.
    same here, I had to watch it on my pc
    Ah yeah Jeff, you might want to change your first post.
    Doesn't even work with my iTouch.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    I am still stuck at a hotel and not at a PC, but I got a chance to view the video, looks good.

I think I may go back to 1.3.5.1 again just for the speeds.

So did you guys make a statement on exactly what is the hold up on 1.4 and the kernal?

You guys keep mentioning Palm screwed it up...but what is broken with the 1.4 firmware running @ 800?
    evdo from what i heard last
    no, evdo was broken on release #1

marco got EVDO workoing on the new kernal
    I understand the new kernal isnt safe, but can you go into better detail as exactly what is breaking it?

it works at 800 on 1.4, with all data working...so what are the side effects of what you guys have right now?
    just a reminder guys, give credit where credit is due. Jeff and Marco have been working hard for all of our benefits. The least we can do is to give thanks. It's as simple as clicking the thanks button on the first post of this thread. Much appreciation guys for making our Pre experience that much more enjoyable.

Edit: Even better, read through all the information in that post and then thank, it'll take a few minutes but if you plan on overclocking you won't regret it.
    Went back to 1.3.5.1. I've installed the 800Mhz patch per the instructions. It is certainly faster, but not nearly as fast as the you tube video. Seems the GSM pre with extra ram really makes a difference.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Everyones Pre will be different based on what they have installed, but compare it to 500 MHz. Lightening fast relatively. My Pre is almost as fast as this (non-GSM) but it may also depend on the number of programs you have installed (available ram). I have 200 programs and 87 patches installed. I am done in for the day. Time for bed...just finished my last test on Pre2.
    You Pre? So, uh, does a Pre with 200 programs and 87 patches need the larger serving of RAM or is this with the kids meal size RAM like I got?
    LOL Funny ! ^^^
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Jeff, Marco, your work has been featured on engadget.
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast