Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xluryan View Post
    I bet it gets pretty annoying when people make comments that have nothing to do with the thread...
    just to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatti20 View Post
    Everytime someone comments in this thread he gets an e-mail... just like me, and pretty much everyone who has replied...
    mean i could
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    not from caj2008...u can choose to get email notifications for responses made at precentral....u just gotta do it in the setting and hit instant email notifications
    have written this message
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    in different posts for each word lol , have some more email !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    can't wait to get my hands on some 800mhz goodness
    it should be soon !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    it should be soon !
    You are pretty much living in this thread aren't you. LoL
    I am, lol.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    man I left my house I wasn't even in the driveway and I'm on my phone checking the thred
    sorry to hear that hopefully whatever it is gets resolved man.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I have an issue at home...maybe later tonite. Best I can do
    thanks for the update, hope everything's ok.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I am just in awe that there are folks who understand how to program and make this stuff. How can I learn?
    Quote Originally Posted by ses2017 View Post
    I am just in awe that there are folks who understand how to program and make this stuff. How can I learn?
    Take c++ and computer programming classes. Computer programming will teach you Linux. If you know how to mess with Linux, then you can make your Pre a BEAST!..I took computer programming this semester, but i dropped it.
    Agreed. How can I learn? I use Ubuntu often, bought some books and sort of 'get it' but whay do you all recommend-another college degree is not an option. Classes? Online tutorials? What?

love this stuff!
    You can also go here for some help.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Caj, you take care of you & yours first, buddy! We'll be here when you are ready...think it's safe to say we trust & truly appreciate you & all you are doing for the community.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Thanks. Have heard of the whole ubuntu, linux, redhat connection to this mighty Pre device, but God knows, the last programming I did was Atari Basic ( yeah, I might be that old).
    we love you and support you caj don't worry about it
    Thanks. Have heard of the whole ubuntu, linux, redhat connection to this mighty Pre device, but God knows, the last programming I did was Atari Basic ( yeah, I might be that old).
    ahhhh. the good old Atari... my 1st computer when i was a kid.

I programmed in assembly language on the cartridge thingy and had a Lightspeed C cartridge. whopping 48K to play with. damn i'm old.

I know alot of people here are Windows users and think memory is endless. on embedded devices its not. I use Linux (Fedora) full-time and refuse to use Windows, even at work. So hacking up a Linux-based device is easy to me.

But lets make things clear here... this overclocking is kernel based. kernel hacking is a different beast than application programming. most people can get an SDK of somekind and make a program in their favorite language, kernel work takes more effort and isnt for the n00b. So choose your path wisely.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by baconnbitz2010 View Post
    Agreed. How can I learn? I use Ubuntu often, bought some books and sort of 'get it' but whay do you all recommend-another college degree is not an option. Classes? Online tutorials? What?

love this stuff!
    I found it was good to set myself a goal (not to grand) and search the tinterweb for basic linux commands to try and make, what ever it is I wanted to do on my pre! Takes time but you do get into it quite quickly and when you make it work, very rewarding
    please please please
    hey guys that are waiting for the 800 patch, comr on over and check out this thread, just posting some interesting stuff, helping to pass the time, just stop by and chat, and lets us know what you all are doing while waiting for this thing here is the thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/general...here-chat.html