Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    My exchange with Mamouton earlier which ended up being more effective in gtalk. There is a problem involving the unistaller we are trying to correct. There may be a short delay. We will use the .sh file if this is not corrected by end of today.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Now we all see how easy it is to have a delay. Just think what Palm goes through trying to put out a full-on update.

Maybe a little more patience from us is in order?

No, I cant wait, I need that 800 patch now! hahahaha
    oops, wrong window
    Quote Originally Posted by sublimobile View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Now we all see how easy it is to have a delay. Just think what Palm goes through trying to put out a full-on update.

Maybe a little more patience from us is in order?

No, I cant wait, I need that 800 patch now! hahahaha
    if its not fixed the ipk method he will revert back to original , method and release it anyways . So don't worry it will be ok. Ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    make sure you wait at least 30 min to an hour after removing one patch before you install another patch .
    thanks for the heads up.....good by, 600 it was nice knowing you.
    kool , ha !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Oh man I'm more excited for this than I was for 1.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Oh man I'm more excited for this than I was for 1.4.
    agreed, been watching the 800MHz threads eagerly for a while now...just cant wait!lol
    make sure you wait at least 30 min to an hour after removing one patch before you install another patch .
    Why is that? Just curious for the short-version of why that is. -- Does resetting a couple of times help expedite that process?
    its good for the processor to relax and take a break in between installs and uninstalls . If you want to take a chance on borking your processor then don't wait between.

my apogies this is not correct but its best to equiliberate the processor after an install or uninstall. The other way just sounds better.
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 03/24/2010 at 11:21 AM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    It's been Wednesday for almost 12 hours now... I keep refreshing my screen to see if it has been posted. I would love to install the old .sh way. Can they post that in the mean time? Either way, thanks. You all rock.
    Yeah I am getting tired of refreshing as well... It would be nice to just get either a go or no go for today so I can get back to work .
    Hah, yeah. get back to work -- I've been hitting refresh more than any of the "work" I'm supposed to be doing today too! Starting to get a cramp in my "refresh button" finger! LoL
    Do we even know what post its gonna be on. I have quite a few related to this topic open and I'm refreshing them all. I am also doing a search for tags to see if any new postings pops up. Any ideas?
    Maybe we can guilt them into just giving us the sh files if we help them realize just how many hundreds (thousands?) of dollars this wait is costing several companies?

Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    its good for the processor to relax and take a break in between installs and uninstalls . If you want to take a chance on borking your processor then don't wait between.
    Is borking a techincal term?

I'm gonna wait like a good soldier, but this doesn't really make much sense to me. Is there a more detailed explanation, or is it just, 'better safe than sorry'.
    thanks for the clarification !! The other way does sound better though . Ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη

my apogies this is not correct but its best to equiliberate the processor after an install or uninstall. The other way just sounds better.
    So will there be any problem if you do an erase of apps/data and then sign in to your Palm profile and do a full re-install of your programs/data from Palm backup?
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    So will there be any problem if you do an erase of apps/data and then sign in to your Palm profile and do a full re-install of your programs/data from Palm backup?
    no problem to do that but keep an eye on processor temp if it gets hot turn on airplane mode for 20 or 30 min then back on just to let the processor cool down a bit. While no one has lost there phone with these patches caj2008 lost his at stock speed (500 mhz) doing this very thing. So it is possible.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I'm in a training seminar and I think my refresh button is getting worn out. holdin' tight...
    Quote Originally Posted by quanabee View Post
    I'm in a training seminar and I think my refresh button is getting worn out. holdin' tight...
    me too! and if it isn't coming out today hopefully we get an update about it! don't want to be excited all day for nothing