Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhugbear View Post
    Will the pre get too hot if it is at 800mhz and in your pocket all day? :P
    depends what your doing on it
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Yep, just hanging out here in the Eastern Standard Time Zone -- watching anxiously in case a certain patch pops up on this forum just after the stroke of midnight!
    Do I have O.C.D. or what?!
    I want to send some dolares to jeff and marco to thank them for the effort they're putting into this and for having patience with us non-coding users. Paypal donate button somewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    My apologies.
    I didn't mean to be so harsh, even if it was.
    I was not just referring to your post.
    There's a lot of people who are cramming Jeff with questions he's answered a lot already.
    Just trying to keep the people calm.
    Patience is a virtue.
    It's all good...we're part of a family here and I have another great family here in Boise but we still p*** each other off once in a while! We get over it quick, though...nothing better than a short memory (unless you're still in college!).

Jim
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Can you put this on a Motorola Razr? JK I CAN'T wait, son!
    caj check your email and pm messages
    caj check your pm and email
    caj check pm and emails regarding your request URGENT!!
    I am there!
    I just wanted to say thank you before even being able to reap the rewards of your hard work. I sincerely appreciate the hard work and hope to one day reciprocate. Thanks again...can't wait!
    Install of the .IPK 800MHz and 720MHz kernel worked as expected. No issues to report. BogoMIPS of 796.91MHz as expected. Same smoothness and stability as the previous install method.

In other words, I would say from my testing of the patch and the .ipk that the new overclocked kernels should be ready for mass deployment*. Of course proceed with caution, as with any patch, there may be some risk involved, depending on the user.

*My opinion is my own and is not representative of the developers of the kernel.
    Irrelevant. See next post.
    Last edited by MrGreencastle; 03/24/2010 at 02:22 AM.
    Disregard my last post, apparently the testers have found a problem with uninstalling the .ipks. I was able to replicate the issue as well.

That's why it helps to have a bunch of people testing it, since I clearly overlooked it.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Imitatation is the purest form of flattery (ie-unipsycho avatar!!)
    Mine is a little different though. I need to come up with something new!
    if I scan your aavatar what will it tell me ?? Hmmm?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Just a comment... forum members cant help each other if everything is kept in PM.

If help is needed then make a post.
    Live free or DIE!
    I'm just hanging out waiting for this to come out.... or am I missing it? I just uninstalled the 600MHz patch.. now I am just waiting patiently
    hey Marco how is the ipk's coming along?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD View Post
    I'm just hanging out waiting for this to come out.... or am I missing it? I just uninstalled the 600MHz patch.. now I am just waiting patiently
    +1
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    +2, caj2008 any chance you can put out the thread with 2 options. One for manual install via the .sh file and then 1 for the .ipkg method. (hopefully I am understanding the issue with the Beta testers correctly)

Just super anxious. 600 is rockin good, but really looking forward to the 800 kernel.

Hell of a good job caj2008, unixpsycho and the others!!!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neoncorey View Post
    +2, caj2008 any chance you can put out the thread with 2 options. One for manual install via the .sh file and then 1 for the .ipkg method. (hopefully I am understanding the issue with the Beta testers correctly)

Just super anxious. 600 is rockin good, but really looking forward to the 800 kernel.

Hell of a good job caj2008, unixpsycho and the others!!!
    Thanks
    make sure you wait at least 30 min to an hour after removing one patch before you install another patch .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη