Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 32 ... LastLast
    @geeksquadkid---------thats changed for right now .

@kellyelliott------------relax it will be ok , after a while you wont even remember you have a patch installed lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quick question: Will we have to uninstall the 600 patch CAJ made before installing the 720/800 patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Major Announcement-ipk testers (720 and 800 MHz) needed asap

Robitaille the magnificent has come to the rescue. All script files are being removed and being removed by ipk's (simpler design). Please send me your email address and test the file. I will send later tonite. I ask everyone to uninstall your script patches (no longer needed) if the install/unistall procedure for the ipk's has no hiccups. I will provide documentation for that but I need to revise my documentation something major-there may be a slight delay but it is to provide even a higher standard of safety (which is already pretty high)

I have to change most of my documentation (thread also) and that will delay me. I will still try for tommorrow. All patches will be named in honor of unixpsycho, a genious like Robitaille in my opinion. Please thank Jason somewhere for this help!!

Jeff (caj2008) and Marco (unixpsycho)
    I'm available for testing if you need someone else. I'd love to do it, in fact.
    wait i have a question why does there have to be more testing. So the kernals might not be made available tomorrow?
    caj, you've got PM. I'm ready to go for the IPK for Sprint Pre, 1.4.0. Will provide full feedback tonight. Thanks, in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by jred7o7 View Post
    wait i have a question why does there have to be more testing. So the kernals might not be made available tomorrow?
    They've managed to package it into an IPK. This, being an alternate install method, requires testing before release.
    Last edited by r3compile; 03/23/2010 at 08:08 PM.
    there more testing just because there is a new and easier way to install the patch . If its easier to drag and drop the file than to manually install I would go with the easier way of course !!

@Jeff edit your post where it says install should say uninstall !! And count me in please . I will email when I get home
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I am on the right track ? Right Jeff ! Lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Thanks guys hope to see this up and running soon i expect to see a lot of downloads tomorrow or whenever it is released i recently had the 600 patch installed it was pretty good but still lagged at times, cant wait for this one. Thanks for all the hard work.
    Been keeping up with all this from the sidelines. I'm eagerly awaiting to awaken this beast! Keep up the good work devs and testers...it will be MUCH appreciated!
    I need to clarify something. In the beginning we tried for these to be eventually on main stream Preware with a custom feed as a first step, but they have subsequently told me that any patch changing frequency above 500 MHz will never be on Preware and can only be on custom feed via ipk package. Fortunately, there is the facile WOSQI install process of ipk's created by Jason that makes this whole process ridiculously easy and he even went so far as create them in front of me in a matter of minutes.....WOW!! No more script installs, an ipk is always infinitely easier. Please thank Jason everyone.
    so for sure its only gonna be ipk installs?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Major Announcement-ipk testers (720 and 800 MHz) needed asap

Robitaille the magnificent has come to the rescue. All script files are being removed and being removed by ipk's (simpler design). Please send me your email address and test the file. I will send later tonite. I ask everyone to uninstall your script patches (no longer needed) if the install/unistall procedure for the ipk's has no hiccups. I will provide documentation for that but I need to revise my documentation something major-there may be a slight delay but it is to provide even a higher standard of safety (which is already pretty high)

I have to change most of my documentation (thread also) and that will delay me. I will still try for tommorrow. All patches will be named in honor of unixpsycho, a genious like Robitaille in my opinion. Please thank Jason somewhere for this help!!

Jeff (caj2008) and Marco (unixpsycho)

PS:

You must install any cpu modifying patch before installation of the ipk's. Please follow the guidelines for safe unistall (watch temp and allow equilibration). I would ask to hold off until I am sure there are no issues with the ipk's with the group I have chosen to test the ipk install/uninstall process

Note: This for WOSQI only and not Preware
    I'm willing to do some testing if needed. No problems doctoring and starting from scratch if need be. I did the Smartreflex patches in the past with no lock ups. I'm ok with terminal access if need to do some debugging.
    terminal is not working is it ?? and these will now be ipk installs !! very easy !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    terminal is not working is it ?? and these will now be ipk installs !! very easy !
    No, but Terminus should work if you need an on device terminal, it's an SDL based terminal ported from Evas/Enlightenment. Although special character support is limited. Novaterm is also a terminal interface but that is through a PC, not on device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    No, but Terminus should work if you need an on device terminal, it's an SDL based terminal ported from Evas/Enlightenment. Although special character support is limited. Novaterm is also a terminal interface but that is through a PC, not on device.
    yeah i know about terminus i was just hoping he would say yes its working lol but a no go there lol ha !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    What is the difference in heat from 720 to 800?
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhugbear View Post
    What is the difference in heat from 720 to 800?
    1/2 degree to 1 degree or so not much though over time in most tests it was very modest !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    If you didn't mean to be harsh then why were you? Did you happen to notice the smiley face at the end of my post? It was a simple question...I wasn't asking for someone to post all the code for this.

Seriously, there's a ton of anticipation for this release by a lot of people who know very little about coding and are amazed at what these fellow Pre lovers have done to make this device the best it can be. For some of us who have been patching and tweaking our Pre's since launch day I would guess I'm not the only one who's looking forward to this more than 1.4.1 so if there's info regarding the time of the release that could spare some fellow Pre lovers the agony of waiting up late only to be disappointed it didn't arrive at 12:01 EST (LOL!) then why not ask and why not post? Isn't this one of the things that everyone complains about with Palm's updates? Honestly, I didn't think it was that big of a deal to ask. If I knew the answer I would share it because we're all family here...but I don't...so I thought I'd do the next most logical thing and ask someone who might. You don't need to rail on us for being excited about this.
    My apologies.
    I didn't mean to be so harsh, even if it was.
    I was not just referring to your post.
    There's a lot of people who are cramming Jeff with questions he's answered a lot already.
    Just trying to keep the people calm.
    Patience is a virtue.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    The coolest I got was from the 720 tests
    I was actually pretty surprised I got it down to 26 degrees.
    Lowest It's ever been.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Will the pre get too hot if it is at 800mhz and in your pocket all day? :P
    Time to get VIRAL