Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    No!!!!! It is not in the same league as Preware or WOSQI or WOSrepair to name a few!!
    We'll see when 5000+ users try to download it simultaneously! That would be a blast, wouldn't it?
    alright. So if I am understanding this. If we are running a 600 we should remove it tonight in order to download this via PREWARE tomorrow. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    alright. So if I am understanding this. If we are running a 600 we should remove it tonight in order to download this via PREWARE tomorrow. Right?
    This will need to be installed via webOS QI. It's very easy to do and will have a great tutorial I'm sure I thought the steps provided for testing were straight forward and easy to follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Commando View Post
    Gotta say I'm pretty excited about this kernel mod. I might have missed it, but has there been any temperature testing for things like browsing the web, streaming music (while charging over USB), and playing 3d games for extended periods (> 15 minutes) ? Have any temperature comparisons been done between stock speeds and overclocked speeds for these tasks? It seems to me that if these mods are going to cause damage, these are the most common tasks that might cause it.
    you have to be careful at any kernel speed since jeff fried his phone at the stock speed downloading all his stuff via backup app right after a doctor! the processor fried because it was to much loading all at once . and he's been over this a bunch if you read through so of the threads
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    YES,you need to uninstall the patch at least 30 min. to an hour before you intend to install the new 720 or 800 kernel..... via webos QI
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Not to sound harsh but
    I don't think it really matters what time.
    Wednesday is Wednesday.
    Be patient people.
    It's the least you can do for Jeff and Marco.
    It'll come when it comes.
    If you didn't mean to be harsh then why were you? Did you happen to notice the smiley face at the end of my post? It was a simple question...I wasn't asking for someone to post all the code for this.

Seriously, there's a ton of anticipation for this release by a lot of people who know very little about coding and are amazed at what these fellow Pre lovers have done to make this device the best it can be. For some of us who have been patching and tweaking our Pre's since launch day I would guess I'm not the only one who's looking forward to this more than 1.4.1 so if there's info regarding the time of the release that could spare some fellow Pre lovers the agony of waiting up late only to be disappointed it didn't arrive at 12:01 EST (LOL!) then why not ask and why not post? Isn't this one of the things that everyone complains about with Palm's updates? Honestly, I didn't think it was that big of a deal to ask. If I knew the answer I would share it because we're all family here...but I don't...so I thought I'd do the next most logical thing and ask someone who might. You don't need to rail on us for being excited about this.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

From the video that Caj put up, its very simple to do the patch. Just a send file though WOSQI and a command line. That's it.
    HEY HEY GUYS !!! its kool no big deal ! Jeff's sleeping times are messed up as it is and he is usually awake most of the night so i would expect him to unload it early in the morning sometime while most are asleep so it very well could be sometime soon after midnight ! but please dont go telling everyone i said at midnight . its just my fair assumption ok !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    HEY HEY GUYS !!! its kool no big deal ! Jeff's sleeping times are messed up as it is and he is usually awake most of the night so i would expect him to unload it early in the morning sometime while most are asleep so it very well could be sometime soon after midnight ! but please dont go telling everyone i said at midnight . its just my fair assumption ok !!
    Sounds like me, lol! I work in retail so it's a mix of opening and closing shifts which leads to (well, besides drinking...) the inability to fall asleep unless your watching a movie you really wanted to see!

Thanks for YOUR help in these forums...I've left thanks on many of your posts as you seem to be more than willing to help people in distress. I try but my knowledge in the software being fairly limited I can only help the noobies. But, hey, you do what you can...right?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    This will need to be installed via webOS QI. It's very easy to do and will have a great tutorial I'm sure I thought the steps provided for testing were straight forward and easy to follow.
    "The OS1.4 kernels are not ready for public distribution and will be done by custom feed via Preware. A video link of a demo version of a GSM Pre with OS1.4 operating at 800 MHz is attached to show you what you have to look forward to. The software was sent to Shadow-360 (ND agreement not to distribute this version) who made the video. Unfortunately, a general OS1.4 version won't be available for awhile. Please be patient. Safety first. "

in the original post it says preware though..
    "The OS1.4 kernels are not ready for public distribution and will be done by custom feed via Preware. A video link of a demo version of a GSM Pre with OS1.4 operating at 800 MHz is attached to show you what you have to look forward to. The software was sent to Shadow-360 (ND agreement not to distribute this version) who made the video. Unfortunately, a general OS1.4 version won't be available for awhile. Please be patient. Safety first. "

And after that, somewhere in the 30 pages that you probably didn't read (I'm not going to find the quote), but it was advised that for now it will be via WebOS QI as the method is working well. (I'm pretty sure I read something like that, lol.) Things change, sometimes you need to take the time and read the thread to know what's going on.

come on.... wait for preware then. why do people need to repeat itover, and over, and over again just so you understand?
    Last edited by ericizzy1; 03/23/2010 at 06:23 PM.

If I remember correctly, he is waiting on AUPT-4 (witch is in the works) to upload to preware, something about it supporting binary.

Edit: Sorry if I created more confusion, just disregard my post. I as working a memory of a post that was a couple weeks old, witch is why I confused things in my head. I Caj comments on preware on the next page.
    Last edited by fallen3712; 03/23/2010 at 09:58 PM.
    Shalom
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen3712 View Post
    If I remember correctly, he is waiting on AUPT-4 (witch is in the works) to upload to preware, something about it supporting binary.
    as of right now it will be manually installed via webos QI with very easy to understand instructions .... so no worries !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη

it will be ready sometime tomorrow , maybe your mistaken ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    right now?!
    you scared me. Thought I missed something.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    And after that, somewhere in the 30 pages that you probably didn't read (I'm not going to find the quote), but it was advised that for now it will be via WebOS QI as the method is working well. (I'm pretty sure I read something like that, lol.) Things change, sometimes you need to take the time and read the thread to know what's going on.
    I did read through the pages but I must have missed one. I appologize.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyelliott_rock View Post
    right now?!
    did you read my post?? sometime tomorrow !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    it will be ready sometime tomorrow , maybe your mistaken ??
    I was mistaken only because the first post still said preware and I was confused
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

sorry. You said as of right now. I just got excited.