Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 29 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Clear EV icon.
    Tried turning on/off airplane mode, didn't work
    Then turned phone off/on, didn't work.
    The only time it lags is when I hit the reply button and it opens up a reply message.
    Once I finally close it everything is up to speed again.
    Maybe I'll try deleting email and re-adding it.
    I had/have this issue prior to any patches only after 1.4. Its only when I reply to certain emails and its not too often. I think it has to do with certain attributes of the email I am replying to but I have not figured it out yet. But regardless I don't think its related to your patches.

Yall could always send me a copy of the 800 patch and I could see it makes a difference on mine
    Last edited by HeyRobi; 03/22/2010 at 04:07 PM.
    Is my testing okay to post up on here Jeff?
    I read in the email you'd have to approve it beforehand.
    And I haven't gotten a yay or nay yet.
    he said to post results here and send them to him and marco as well. so yes it kool to post your data for everyone to see ,from what Jeff has already said .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Are you still planning to provide the patch through Preware through a custom feed, or is the QI method the current favorite?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    now i can't wait till Wednesday

This kernel will be released by this Wednesday in either event (preliminary safety data appears conclusive).
    I have nearly completed all testing and here is a quick rundown of my results, I will attach the .XLS file in due time.

For the battery drain tests, I noted, after 3 or more repeated tests at each clock speed, an improvement in battery drain (lower % being better) at the higher 800MHz clockspeed. I attribute this to a higher efficiency at running the entire OS at the higher clockspeed. This is with average-light usage with slight variations of at least 5 running apps at a time, short calls, and a few text messages and emails. I also noted a slightly higher temperature via the battery monitor app using the 800MHz kernel vs the 500MHz and 720MHz kernels, but nothing over 35 degrees C.

Be it placebo or not, the phone feels substantially smoother and snappier at 800MHz and after testing was concluded I noticed significant improvements in speeds on nearly all fronts of the OS. The only parts that didn't exactly 'feel' faster were the rendering of certain websites and applications that required a large amount of data. However, after measuring average speed with cache clearing, the improvement in render times is noticeable, at least on paper.

The largest improvement I noticed was in the loading time for the Tetris touch application. The loading screen that appeared on the 500MHz, and 720MHz is nearly non existant, even after a fresh start and a reinstall.

Overall, results are impressive, and the patch seems more than safe after using it for 3-4 days. I will continue using the 800MHz kernel as I am confident it does very little harm to the hardware, if at all, and the usability improvement is more than worth the minimal risk I have measured with the tests.
    sounds good to me !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    will this be out for both CDMA as well as GSM 1.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by kkohlmann View Post
    will this be out for both CDMA as well as GSM 1.4?
    yes it will work on all pre's !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here are my results then.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    WOOOW!!!! I'm so stocked!!!

Wednesday... (feels like such a long time away.. It would feel shorter if i didn't have 2 weeks worth of homeowork due then...) I'm thinking of all i need to do for that day, and it seems impossible...
    woot this is exciting! looking forward to having it installed.

definitely worth a donation
    Most times I tested first try with 800MHz and it turned out to be longer than 720MHz
    A couple more test revealed it to be quicker.
    Except the only thing that didn't resolve quicker was the luna restart.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Most times I tested first try with 800MHz and it turned out to be longer than 720MHz
    A couple more test revealed it to be quicker.
    Except the only thing that didn't resolve quicker was the luna restart.
    thats fine your only supposed to do 2 out of 3 . no big deal . there will be anomalies here and there.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    This is great news...

What feed will it be under in WosQI?

MIGHT BE A DUMB QUESTION: Could I assume the thermal pad/paste on the proc is ok with the extra heat for prolonged periods or will it harden/crack and rattle around in my phone?
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    This is great news...

What feed will it be under in WosQI?

MIGHT BE A DUMB QUESTION: Could I assume the thermal pad/paste on the proc is ok with the extra heat for prolonged periods or will it harden/crack and rattle around in my phone?
    it wont be in a feed it will be a manual install and activate with command line ,but it will be very easy and with excellent directions !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    it wont be in a feed it will be a manual install and activate with command line ,but it will be very easy and with excellent directions !!
    I should have known, but I was reading like 3 things at a time. Thanks for the info.

Any info on the proc portion of my question?
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I should have known, but I was reading like 3 things at a time. Thanks for the info.

Any info on the proc portion of my question?
    you dont want the processor with any speed patch 500,550,600,720, or 800 to get to hot caj2008 fried his first pre with stock speed by downloading to many large files one after the other . his phone was backing up and he had alot of 3d games and big files loading one after the other and well it fried . it was to much. so you should be aware of the heat to the phone even at stock speed
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you dont want the processor with any speed patch 500,550,600,720, or 800 to get to hot caj2008 fried his first pre with stock speed by downloading to many large files one after the other . his phone was backing up and he had alot of 3d games and big files loading one after the other and well it fried . it was to much. so you should be aware of the heat to the phone even at stock speed
    I have noticed the stock speed heat up as I have used my Palm Pre as a hotspot for my Xbox 360, so that is completely understood. But I don't do that anymore and my phone stays relatively cool.

Thanks for the info.

My results! Caj and unix I emailed you as well.
    Last edited by mamouton; 03/22/2010 at 11:43 PM.