Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Jeff Marco !! you want me to post my stuff here now ? i will also send them to you as well !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    here ya go Jeff !! yes i did the red in triples . you said to do that so that is what i did !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    just now getting off work, I'll be beginning my first round of tests tonight, and follow it up with the next round in the morning, data will follow of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The load level is what I was trying to figure out. All 3d games don't allow you to skip levels. So my question to ensure the tests are valid and reliable is what do we substitute for the ones that don't have those games. Jeff I know how much you want to make sure the data is accurat so before proceeding I just wanted to get clarification.
    Hi mate, it doesn't really matter which game, or which level's loading time you use - as long as you are consistent with it for the duration of your test. For example, I chose to measure the load time of the first NFSU level - I measured the time at 500mhz, quit the game without completing the level and then measured it again at 720mhz etc.

What's important is the difference in load times between the different clock speeds - so not everyone needs to use the same game/level to do the test (so long as they do so and are consistent with their own testing).

Does this make sense

PS: If your 3D games don't give you this much control, or if they have no level loading times (like Monopoly), or if you can't get 3D games in your region, then just ignore the 3D tests and concentrate on the other test data.
    Jeff and Marco,

Unless someone else has already offered, I would like to offer my help in revising the final copy of the installation guide to make it as noob friendly as possible.... Although that might not be needed once the patch goes live on preware....
    One observation I have using the new 1.4 kernel mods (It would be well received if anyone could qualify these statements.)...

The combination of using the Touchstone while tethering via Wi-Fi seems to have to 2 adverse effects:

1. It could be a detrimental heat issue. (speculative)
    2. The charging can't keep up with the drainage. (definite)

Please understand #1 is a potential issue with or without the kernel mod, but I think it does get exacerbated...As for #2, my battery was on the edge, only maintaining the same charge level, but it doesn't keep up with the modified kernel in place.

The simple solution is don't use the Touchstone while tethering via Wi-Fi...I can certainly live with it that way...IHMO...The same rule should apply to the excessive downloading protocol because I've observed the Touchstone charging method generates a noticeably higher level heat even when simple charging a Pre.

in my next test I will test while plugged in to charging cable if you would like Jeff of course I won't be able to do the battery drainage but I will note the temps while doing so . ? Let me know if that is something you would like done.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I personally quit using the Touhstone 2 versions back -- I noticed through the CPU heat indicator app that my temp was MUCH higher than normal charging so I scrapped the use of it, at least until something came out to be cooler. I can't imagine it would be less with it running 600, 720 or even 800.
    I thought I'd stop by and leave a little update. I just started my testing this morning. I haven't got too far yet but I'm very impressed and thankful already. Currently running the 720 and all I can say is WOW, I can't imagine what 800 will be like when I get ready to test that. My Pre is officially a killer!

I've finished my first round of tests. Looking good, definitely some noticeable differences. I've done all of the standard and frequency tests so far. I did pay attention to the temperature but had to hold off on the battery drain testing for now, only because I left my wall charger at work. I plan to do a second round of testing though after I have my charger so I can also test temperature and battery drain.

Jeff, would you like me to send/post my first round of results? Just let me know, maybe via PM or something.
    WOW!! I just read 24 pages of forum posts... I had already watched the video, but reading this was nice to.. Can't wait till next weekend. While the 600mhz patch helped, it wasn't enough. Now for the first time i'm sad i don't have a plus, cause my pre's had 3 major problems. : cpu speed, ram, battery life... Cpu speed is being fixed through this, i'm buying spare batteries, but can't really do much about the ram... But this is amazing, this is the first that my phone has gotten better over time, instead of worst...

Thank you EVERYONE who has helped! The precentral comunity is better than i could have ever hopped for. I didn't know it would be possible to have so many talented people, in one place, all spending so much time to help others out. I would be willing to, but Bairly have any codding knowledge. ( I know basic html..) Hopefully that i'll change over the summer..
    i just use the touchstone everywhere i go its just easier than a big old bulge of a phone lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Testing has begun *sigh*, sorry for the delay. This weekend has been overtly hectic.
    Can someone please post a video of web-browsing?

I'd like to see how long it takes to render a page..
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    Can someone please post a video of web-browsing?

I'd like to see how long it takes to render a page..
    web page rendering benchmarks are on the 1st page.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    web page rendering benchmarks are on the 1st page.
    o.. thanks..

And thank you for your hardwork... I really can't wait for the release, which from what i've read should be Friday unless something goes wrong..
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    No it will be at least following Monday.
    o... Well... Thanks..

by the way is there a way i can donate?(can't do it now, but i should be getting a paypal account later this week)
    Thought I'd see more results posted already...

Here's my first set of results, I'm happy. I think it's going to be easier to count the people that don't install one of these after release.
    Last edited by mjkjr; 03/21/2010 at 11:38 PM.
    I'm done with my testing for the most part and I have to say this has to be the single best thing available for the Pre. I'm amazed.

The only "red" number is a page load test but for whatever reason my EVDO was messed up for a little bit and I don't think it had to do with the patch because the WIFI tests all showed improvement.