Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Too many threads,,,great minds think alike

I am going crazy because I tested these too many damn times and still messed up. I need some frickin sleep/
    Get some sleep!

i'll hang out here while watching some hoops.

Go Orangemen!
    Live free or DIE!
    caj just pm'd you
    unix and caj you are the men!! My Pre never felt better. I think it was depressed while it was waiting for the upgrade and not haveing the extra boost.
    There is a mistake in the official uninstall procedures (at least for me)

Official(but didn't worked for me):sh /var/home/root/600MHz_OSIndependentPatch uninstall

An my solution: /var/home/root/600MHz_OSIndependentpatch.sh uninstall
    2 changes as you can see

I'm going to install 720 Mhz now (ok i wait for the new file)
    Last edited by lordraphael; 03/20/2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: New files
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    unix and caj you are the men!! My Pre never felt better. I think it was depressed while it was waiting for the upgrade and not haveing the extra boost.
    +1 =
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Another problem i can't get the build date I dialed ##786# then i get the message ussd failed. Network failure.

I think in germany i would need another code to get the build information ...
    Since I installed and uninstalled each new 1.4 script, I just wanted to pop in and say the process worked correctly with the usual ease.

I won't be able to do the official testing today because I have a My Little Pony tea party to attend and a Millennium Falcon model to build.

However, I did run through a few basic things quick, and my initial reaction is a noticeable difference in app loading & webpage rendering...I'll try to get the detailed results posted tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Since I installed and uninstalled each new 1.4 script, I just wanted to pop in and say the process worked correctly with the usual ease.

I won't be able to do the official testing today because I have a My Little Pony tea party to attend and a Millennium Falcon model to build.

However, I did run through a few basic things quick, and my initial reaction is a noticeable difference in app loading & webpage rendering...I'll try to get the detailed results posted tomorrow.

Why not a Tie-fighter?
    Live free or DIE!
    Bummer, I must have got cut from testing.
    Oh well, best of luck with the testing people!
    On a side note to improve sales, Jeff and Marco, you could contact Palm with your results of the speed and see if they will work with you two.
    Palm stocks will raise like crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post

or a Death Star ??

i will have my tests done this evening as well im letting the 800 set in for an hour then i will finish the patches testing
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    On a side note to improve sales, Jeff and Marco, you could contact Palm with your results of the speed and see if they will work with you two.
    Palm stocks will raise like crazy.
    Palm ignores emails. already tried contacting them about other things.

besides, this is all unsupported stuff.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    or a Death Star ??
    Now THAT would be cool!!!
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Now THAT would be cool!!!
    it would be really kool for sure lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Alright, I have the 800MHz patch installed and have been running a few tests. I'm EXTREMELY impressed at the overall responsiveness and improved performance all around - it feels like a whole new device and so far (3-4 hours use) I haven't notice any significant increase in battery drain or heat (via battery monitor app).

I have two questions, though:

1. Here in Canada, at least to my knowledge, we don't have access to any PDK 3D apps. What would be the best way to test the 3D performance without them?

2. I've been measuring all my speeds with a stopwatch application on my computer, it outputs in the format: (MINUTES:SECONDS:MILLISECONDS) Is this alright? Or would you like the findings in a base 10 seconds format?

Once again, thank you for your fine work, I look forward to whatever else you all can come up with.
    caj you must be sleeping with one eye on the computer. I was in the middle of testing, and my professor called with rewrite for my proposal for my dissertation so I will continue when I get done editing. But I do want to say that with the 800 installed it seems like the battery is lasting longer. And like I said earlier with 600mhz it was a pain to go to 500mhz and running the 3d games I could usually only open a 3d game but now depending on the game I can other apps open in the background. Will give more thorough tests later.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Why not a Tie-fighter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    or a Death Star ??
    Actaully, I let my boy pick it out, but I like the Death Star idea...He did too and had all kinds for scenarios for settting up the display...We'll defintie try to find one of those to build next.

has the new files been emailed?

caj...didnt get the files in my email, could you forward it to me
    I had to cut a cut a few alpha testing people as I am at 30 now (33% more than I wanted). Alpha testers: please post your results for OS1.4 (500, 720, 800 MHz) here in this thread. If I had to cut you I am sorry, you will get the software in a week (too many spreadsheets to analyze). Good night! (actually day but I have had no sleep!)

BTW-Battery life depends on the battery even the same make. I have a Seidio 2600 and running at 800MHz running for over 12 h and only had 30% loss ( I do alot with my phone)!!
    Marco and I will not fill out a spreadsheet like last time to mainatin impartiality. Marco and I have appointed an independent investigator SqyArc who will check all the data carefully and independently. We wil be doing an even more comprehensive look at battery drain in the alpha tests of OS1.4! So why is Palm's stock going down when speed is through the roof!
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    has the new files been emailed?

caj...didnt get the files in my email, could you forward it to me
    They have been emailed already. Might have been an oversight but this was a message he posted.
    deathstar...kind of fitting for Palm lately...back to bed just couldn't help..was too funny
    you have the craziest sleep schedule i've ever seen... i think we need to cause a nationwide black out just so jeff can get some sleep!