View Poll Results: Has this guide made your EVDO Connection faster?

Voters
537. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! This has made my EVDO connection way faster!

124 23.09%
  • Small speed increase.

114 21.23%
  • No, I don't really notice a difference.

91 16.95%
  • I'm waiting for more results from others before I try it.

182 33.89%
  • This made my EVDO connection worse!

26 4.84%
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I changed mine up and changed servers to closer servers and its still slow .?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    shadavis: thought you were on GSM network and not sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slocumrd2008 View Post
    onekoolfella; are you on sprint or verizon? So you used the 68.28.121.76 New York, NY Area 3, 68.28.121.77 New York, NY Area 3 as primary and secondary? These didn't work for me on verizon . I live south of Buffalo.

I'm on Sprint and I live downstate, NYC area.

I use 68.28.121.76 for primary and 255.255.255.255 for the secondary. I figure that when I travel, if it can't find the local NY, then it would use the 255.255.255.255 which should be local to where ever I am.

So far I have positive results with my changes.
  4.    #144  
    Keep posting so we can keep this thread on the first page!
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onekoolfella View Post
    I'm on Sprint and I live downstate, NYC area.

I use 68.28.121.76 for primary and 255.255.255.255 for the secondary. I figure that when I travel, if it can't find the local NY, then it would use the 255.255.255.255 which should be local to where ever I am.

So far I have positive results with my changes.
    I did the same, but for Chicago... is that how it works? Maybe someone with a little more knowledge on the subject can chime in.
  6.    #146  
    Can anyone confirm that it works with Verizon or Bell?
    Gustavo Guillen

Quote Originally Posted by ConeNubi701 View Post
    Question. Would the Buffer and Slot Index mod affect users that set their connection to EVDO ONLY in the ##EVDO# menu?
    Can somebody answer this? I tried it but too many different variables to notice it.
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by ConeNubi701 View Post
    Can somebody answer this? I tried it but too many different variables to notice it.
    Im sure it will also increase the speed if your in that mode but why would you have it on EVDO Only. It affects calls while your on DATA. My mod has been proven to stay in EVDO most of the time and prevent going onto 1xTT in most cases. Users have reported that in areas where they usually get switched to 1xTT with this mod they stay in EVDO and they are very satisfied.
    Gustavo Guillen

Just so I am clear, how does increasing your speed affect your ability to receive calls? To be more specific, because I use my phone for business will this prevent me from getting all of my calls or create some sort of delay that would be a problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Honestly, I would recommend against changing you slot cycle index to 7 if you want to actually use your phone for receiving phone calls. I have tested it and it is very difficult to receive calls. You are waiting 163.84 secs for your phone to check the tower to see if a call is coming in. Most of the time the call will already be sent to your voicemail. You could get lucky and get the call but 7 is a bit high of a number to change it. Check out the following thread for more info.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-palm-pre.html
    When you say slow ring, Im assuming you mean how, for example, when I call my wifes pre ( same for her to mine too ) it will ring about 9 times on the callers side and only about 2-3 on the phone being called side ?? - we sometimes get VM before it ever rings on the one being called

This has always been an issue for sprint on every one Ive called - main reason I didnt want to switch over from Nextel..... but the pre was just too sexy
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    jeesh i did the chat thing with sprint and said i was hard reseting and needed the msl. The lady just kept saying she couldn't give me the msl number over and over and was like "i can help you reset your phone if you want!"

Then she just pasted this huge thing on how to reset my phone which had the msl number in it. Seriously the dumbest 5 minutes of my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    Press the Thanks! button if you find this useful. :-)

First of all, I'd like to apologize for not posting this sooner. I've known how to do this for quite some time and done it on previous sprint phones with success. As far as I know it works for Sprint. Haven't tested on Verizon or Bell so if someone can confirm it works that would be great! You're gonna need your MSL to do this.

Where do I enter this ##data# (3282) Hash Code? open the phone app.
    Bro, add "Dial Screen" to the phone app, it took me a while to figure out what the heck you were tlaking about, i was looking for an actual PHONE APP...lol

But yeah, I think Phone App / Dial Screen would be best way to make it easy for others...

GOOD POST BY THE WAY... will be doing this today and posting results...

Note: Also, I didn't find anywhere else, can you specify what each step does....what changes you shall see on your phone? I'm not sure about the 2nd step due to my traveling ways, I travel around the US, so I can't go in there and change it all the time (travel at least bi-monthly if not more, east to west coast).... I did the 1st one, I'll post shortly....
    Last edited by KingRican; 03/18/2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: NOTE
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Thats more than a minute....We're increasing the value from 7 - 20...No way lol
    buffer and slot index, two different things, re-read the OP...
    sweeet
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    It sped things up quite a bit. I had tried watching ESPN on sprint TV before and it wasn't very good - now it's pretty quick.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Here's a way you can determine your MSL without calling customer service if you're on Sprint and have an old phone laying around. Basically, you just need to activate your old phone, then reactivate your new phone through the activation website (sprint.com/activate).

During the activation process, you will be presented with a screen that contains the following:

Code:
    Information you need when you are programming your phone:

Secondary 6-digit code:  123456
      One-time 6-digit code:   654321
      MDN (Phone number):      (816) 555-1234
      MSID(IMSI:               000001234567890
    I believe your MSL is the Secondary 6-digit code but you could try both.

The drawback to this method is that you have to swap back and forth and it probably takes more time than just calling customer service, but the benefit is, you don't have to call customer service. :-)
    this worked for me. I moved from MA to FL, and the IP servers were local to Jersey, instead of where i am now. Big improvement.
    to the people that are trying this, can you run this speed a couple of times on your browser.
    speed test (A 2 MB packet)

then after making your changes try the same test again several times and see how much it improved if any at all.

Thanks

Oh i get around 263 kbps according to the website which seems rather slow.
    Last edited by theblizzard2009; 03/18/2010 at 12:30 PM.
    The easiest way, go onto sprint.com go to support and click on chat now on the left. in the comments section put need MSL code for hard reset.

And the guy gave it to me without asking me about anything. besides my pin code, he didnt give me any trouble. If they ask more say palm needs it for a reset.
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast