View Poll Results: Has this guide made your EVDO Connection faster?

Voters
537. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! This has made my EVDO connection way faster!

124 23.09%
  • Small speed increase.

114 21.23%
  • No, I don't really notice a difference.

91 16.95%
  • I'm waiting for more results from others before I try it.

182 33.89%
  • This made my EVDO connection worse!

26 4.84%
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    For bell im an authorized bell dealer if you want send me your ESN and i can get you the lock codes since on there infonet site i just put in the esn and it will give me your lock code i can do this with any bell phone
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Got this from

I see some people with trouble to fnd the MSL code to boost the internet and access the phone menu
    I found an Information that help me and will help you

This procedure is from other forum I follow it and work perfect is very easy and I add some information to facilitate the process

1) download demo version of CDMA WORKSHOP from CDMA Service Software / ESN Changer, SPC Unlocker... (Not work on Windows Vista I tried it)

2) Install USB Phone driver on your computer if already installed go to next step

3) run CDMA WORKSHOP, settings at main screen on the right are as follows
    (The phone must be connected to the computer but not as Mass Storage because never will assign the COM Port) The phone can't display Connected to Computer in the Phone display.
    You need to go to Device Manager and verify COM Ports to know the correct COM Port assigned to the Phone because each computer assign different com ports. I will use com6 as example.

com settings (AT mode)
    ---------------
    Port (com6)
    Baud rate (38400)

com settings (DM mode)
    ---------------
    Baud rate (115200)

4) you should now be able to hit <connect> if it was successful you'll see in status bar <connected to com6>

5) now click <read> after a moment all your info will come up on left panel, phone # etc
    if not display the info change to another port and repeat step 4

6) click on security tab change the right panel setting to as follows

Passord(16 digits)
    ------------------
    samsung (default)

7)now click send if done sucessfully you'll get a popup window saying (password successful, phone unlocked)

8)note the number under <SPC/USER LOCK> the one that flashed red, this is your MSL number( 6 digit) and is used to access the edit function under ##data# or ##3282# menus and every other hidden menu on your phone

Is very easy process and avoid call sprint customer services

Good Luck
    I don't think this will work. I've been fooling around with it and instead of installing a modem like you would with a centro the pre adds a new network adapter which doesn't get a com port. It was a good try though.
    connection does seem peppier. Still making determination
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    omg i cant believe i forgot this. great find. did it on the pre to test and if it works, your amazing. now... im curious though if theres a way to mess around with the PRL to trick the phone to use verizon or alltel evdo towers when forced roam
    Do this:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/216852-how-get-hybrid-evdo-palm-pre-while-roaming-alltel-flagstaff-az.html
    Yeah, it didn't work for me.
    Kept saying it failed to recognize it.
    bought a Pixie for the girl friend today and while we were there i asked for the MSL and they were more than happy to give it to me, as long as i didn't get it from them. wink wink.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I'm scared to try it...I'm sorta wimpy that way.
  8.    #88  
    If anyone finds my guide useful please press the Thanks! button on the first post.

Thanks for everyones support!
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
    Now if only you could find a similar method for o2 users in the UK
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Now if only you could find a similar method for o2 users in the UK
    Only if I had access to a GSM Pre I could try to figure it out haha.
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Well, if it isn't installed it won't work.

I believe what he is talking about the Linux Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget driver.
    Which you need for USB tethering with the phone.
    That's my best guess.
    I have tried this on xp and vista and every time I try to "read" the phone it says failed connection. I have the RNDIS ethernet driver installed and I don't know why it doesn't work.
    Just got my MSL. It was extra easy. No hassle from Sprint (and the lady sounded good. Lol). Internet browsing does seem a little faster. Thanks OP. I would hit the "Thanks" button but there isn't one on the mobile version.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Im glad to see these tweaks resurface. Ive been running these mods since august. As far as actual speed increase it never been WOW.....BUT sprint tv is MUCH better.

My biggest help seems to be netter battery in poor signal areas maybe its just in my head but id dont care.

Heres the link to the older thread if u want to peruse some of the initial thoughts.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1798354
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    I called Sprint and got the MSL number with no problem.

What do I do next? I went to Device Info on the Launcher but don't know where to start now. Can you please list the step-by-step sequence on where to enter the codes?

Thank you.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Woww thanks man... Preware loads a lot faster in Ev. I called Sprint and asked for my MSL and they just gave it to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by agentorange2010 View Post
    I called Sprint and got the MSL number with no problem.

What do I do next? I went to Device Info on the Launcher but don't know where to start now. Can you please list the step-by-step sequence on where to enter the codes?

Thank you.
    go to the phone app
    type ##3282#
    Click "Menu" and go to "Multimedia"
    then go to buffer size (currently at 7) click on it, it'll ask you for your Master Subsidy Lock
    Enter it, and change the number to 20
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    I called Sprint and they gave me the MSL # without asking any questions... I was on the phone for less than 3 minutes with Sprint... painless and easy..
    Yeah same here.
    All I did was say "I'm trying to do a hard reset and it's asking for a Master Subsidy Lock, can I get that from you?"
    and he says hold on, then begins to tell you how to do the whole ##786# thing.
    I just cut him of and said I know how to do that.
    An he gave me it.
    That was it.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Hey hey, I wrote that ##DATA guide several years ago. Here is the original guide...

Sprint ##DATA tuning (changing Home Agent) : EVDOforums.com

Nice to see it still making the rounds.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Well then. Mister, can you get me an antenna, pleaaaaaaaaassse?....
    CALL SPRINT, EXPLAIN your situation, and get them to send you an Airave. It's like having an antenna in your home, and will definitely help. It did to me.

Search for Airave in forums.