View Poll Results: Has this guide made your EVDO Connection faster?

Voters
537. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! This has made my EVDO connection way faster!

124 23.09%
  • Small speed increase.

114 21.23%
  • No, I don't really notice a difference.

91 16.95%
  • I'm waiting for more results from others before I try it.

182 33.89%
  • This made my EVDO connection worse!

26 4.84%
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    its faster, its worth doing for sure, i have my screen set to turn off 1 min. and i could never get preware to load in under a min. and now it does. Thank you!

to get my msl# i called sprint and told them i had to do a "hard reset" and she gave it up with no questions. I also asked her for my msl to my other pre "just incase" i had to do a hard reset to that phone and she gave me that one aslo.
    If we just change the buffer size but not the home agent than should we still notice an increase in speed?
    I just tried this today and dont really see a difference. I have my wife's phone and sometimes her browser works faster than mine other times mine does. Havent noticed a difference.
    The guy told me he can't give the MSL # because it can be used to use another provider. FML.
    I am getting about 1 M on every speed test I made, is this bad for 3G?
    Got this from here

I see some people with trouble to fnd the MSL code to boost the internet and access the phone menu
    I found an Information that help me and will help you

This procedure is from other forum I follow it and work perfect is very easy and I add some information to facilitate the process

1) download demo version of CDMA WORKSHOP from CDMA Service Software / ESN Changer, SPC Unlocker... (Not work on Windows Vista I tried it)

2) Install USB Phone driver on your computer if already installed go to next step

3) run CDMA WORKSHOP, settings at main screen on the right are as follows
    (The phone must be connected to the computer but not as Mass Storage because never will assign the COM Port) The phone can't display Connected to Computer in the Phone display.
    You need to go to Device Manager and verify COM Ports to know the correct COM Port assigned to the Phone because each computer assign different com ports. I will use com6 as example.

com settings (AT mode)
    ---------------
    Port (com6)
    Baud rate (38400)

com settings (DM mode)
    ---------------
    Baud rate (115200)

4) you should now be able to hit <connect> if it was successful you'll see in status bar <connected to com6>

5) now click <read> after a moment all your info will come up on left panel, phone # etc
    if not display the info change to another port and repeat step 4

6) click on security tab change the right panel setting to as follows

Passord(16 digits)
    ------------------
    samsung (default)

7)now click send if done sucessfully you'll get a popup window saying (password successful, phone unlocked)

8)note the number under <SPC/USER LOCK> the one that flashed red, this is your MSL number( 6 digit) and is used to access the edit function under ##data# or ##3282# menus and every other hidden menu on your phone

Is very easy process and avoid call sprint customer services

Good Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    I am getting about 1 M on every speed test I made, is this bad for 3G?

No it is not. I use to get around 2mbs, but this month I can't get above 1mbs. In my area a few people reported a slow down with data
    Quote Originally Posted by hoo.haaa View Post
    No it is not. I use to get around 2mbs, but this month I can't get above 1mbs. In my area a few people reported a slow down with data
    Yeah, I used to have full bars at my house but for the last few days my signal dropped to anywhere between 1 and 3 bars, very strange
    I got my MSL # from calling again and talking to a different guy.

But my real question is : If I live in San Diego, would my primary home be considered Anaheim??
    Quote Originally Posted by hoo.haaa View Post
    to conserve bandwidth... i bet sprint lowered its specs on evdo to improve 4g

thank you mytether
    Quote Originally Posted by strick922 View Post
    Hey jason do you have sprint?
    Yeah..i have sprint.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Can someone please explain to me what an "MSL" is?
    Quote Originally Posted by rlsroufe View Post
    has anyone been able to get their msl from verizon?
    Verizon's MSL is 000000 for all phones
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Got this from here

I see some people with trouble to fnd the MSL code to boost the internet and access the phone menu
    I found an Information that help me and will help you

This procedure is from other forum I follow it and work perfect is very easy and I add some information to facilitate the process

1) download demo version of CDMA WORKSHOP from CDMA Service Software / ESN Changer, SPC Unlocker... (Not work on Windows Vista I tried it)

2) Install USB Phone driver on your computer if already installed go to next step

3) run CDMA WORKSHOP, settings at main screen on the right are as follows
    (The phone must be connected to the computer but not as Mass Storage because never will assign the COM Port) The phone can't display Connected to Computer in the Phone display.
    You need to go to Device Manager and verify COM Ports to know the correct COM Port assigned to the Phone because each computer assign different com ports. I will use com6 as example.

com settings (AT mode)
    ---------------
    Port (com6)
    Baud rate (38400)

com settings (DM mode)
    ---------------
    Baud rate (115200)

4) you should now be able to hit <connect> if it was successful you'll see in status bar <connected to com6>

5) now click <read> after a moment all your info will come up on left panel, phone # etc
    if not display the info change to another port and repeat step 4

6) click on security tab change the right panel setting to as follows

Passord(16 digits)
    ------------------
    samsung (default)

7)now click send if done sucessfully you'll get a popup window saying (password successful, phone unlocked)

8)note the number under <SPC/USER LOCK> the one that flashed red, this is your MSL number( 6 digit) and is used to access the edit function under ##data# or ##3282# menus and every other hidden menu on your phone

Is very easy process and avoid call sprint customer services

Good Luck

How do I know if this is already installed
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Recommended Primary Home Connection for Hawaii?
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    You sound just like everyone who thought that the phone would break running at 600mhz... I don't know why everyone thinks this phone is soo fragile
    I never said it was fragile... I am just an experienced computer electronics individual and I know the power of modification.

think about the excess strain from excess heat.

stress tests are done for a reason at the manufacture... Think about it when your taking back a phone and I am still on my first one from the original 100 people that got one.
    Last edited by demetry14; 03/13/2010 at 11:02 PM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by mdpre View Post
    Can someone please explain to me what an "MSL" is?
    it's called a Master subsidy lock...to program phones and update a few other settings as well.
    Also just wanted to throw in... Who cares if your on your first phone from the first 100 ppl. This isn't a collectors limited edition baseball card. It's a easily replacable phone don't bash him bc he wants to make it better.
    Last edited by Rafy0003; 03/13/2010 at 11:25 PM.
  18.    #78  
    Everyone, please be nice
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
    Quote Originally Posted by mdpre View Post

How do I know if this is already installed
    Well, if it isn't installed it won't work.

I believe what he is talking about the Linux Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget driver.
    Which you need for USB tethering with the phone.
    That's my best guess.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Yeah..i have sprint.
    Have you heard of the airrave connect it to cable modem and get full signal in your house.I called sprint told them i have no signal they gave me a airrave for free and 2yrs free service its not 3g its 1x but i get full signal now
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast