View Poll Results: Has this guide made your EVDO Connection faster?

Voters
537. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! This has made my EVDO connection way faster!

124 23.09%
  • Small speed increase.

114 21.23%
  • No, I don't really notice a difference.

91 16.95%
  • I'm waiting for more results from others before I try it.

182 33.89%
  • This made my EVDO connection worse!

26 4.84%
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    The max you can get on evdo is like 3.2Mb/s down and 1.8Mb/s up. Changing the buffer will just allow you to load more in the buffer which should make things a bit speedier. But you still shouldn't get more in actual download speed due to it.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    So, I tried to chat with a sprint representative via sprints intant messenger support service. The CR wouldn't give me the MSL because I'm still under contract (signed up in OCT of 2009).

Do I need to pay my ETF and get out of contract to get my MSL? Should I try calling?

She was trying to figure out why I wanted it, but I tried to be vague.
    Quote Originally Posted by cstavro2 View Post
    So, I tried to chat with a sprint representative via sprints intant messenger support service. The CR wouldn't give me the MSL because I'm still under contract (signed up in OCT of 2009).

Do I need to pay my ETF and get out of contract to get my MSL? Should I try calling?

She was trying to figure out why I wanted it, but I tried to be vague.
    I would just head into a store if that's an option. I have asked several sprint reps if it was possible to get mine and they have all said yes right off the bat.
    You can tell them Palm has asked you to do a hard reset and you need your MSL code.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Hey jason do you have sprint?
    called and they gave me my msl with no problem at all. i just told them i was doin the hard reset and she gave it up not even 2 mins. im gonna try setting the slot index at 5 for now. How is everyones phone doing since theyve done this?? battery life better?? cuz my battery life sucks
    I did the hack on my pre and i took screen shots of my speeds before the hack, after section 1, and after the last section. It was fairly easy to apply and there is a small difference as you can see from the screen shots.

sprint

Leesburg FL

I had 3 bars on evdo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fgcchevy; 03/13/2010 at 05:40 PM. Reason: additional info
  8.    #48  
    It would be great if everyone could tell us What Phone your using, Carrier, your location, and how many bars you have when testing if you post results. Thanks!
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
    what site is the speed test?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    If the speeds you're getting is in the OP's signature, then I'm all on board.

nope... but you may see these speed below

thank you mytether
    ??
    where is this particular speed test site?

Quote Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post
    I did the hack on my pre and i took screen shots of my speeds before the hack, after section 1, and after the last section. It was fairly easy to apply and there is a small difference as you can see from the screen shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    The max you can get on evdo is like 3.2Mb/s down and 1.8Mb/s up. Changing the buffer will just allow you to load more in the buffer which should make things a bit speedier. But you still shouldn't get more in actual download speed due to it.
    estimates on 4g

wimax 816.11m(2011)
    1gbps maximum shared

wimax 816.11e
    70mbps maximum shared

fact:

rev a
    3.1 down
    1.8 up

rev 0
    2.4 down
    144k up

1x
    144k up and down
    Last edited by jonathanlc2005; 03/13/2010 at 06:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    where is this particular speed test site?
    mobilespeedtest.com
    omg i cant believe i forgot this. great find. did it on the pre to test and if it works, your amazing. now... im curious though if theres a way to mess around with the PRL to trick the phone to use verizon or alltel evdo towers when forced roam

thank you mytether
    speedtest.net
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Because thats how it looks lol...All plasticky and issh..My iPhone was SOLID but it was still dumb. The Pre's look just makes everyone want to walk away from it and go get a DUMBphone.
    but if fooled you, eh.....
    best pda connection website that works perfect for the pre

www.testmyiphone.com

thank you mytether
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    has anyone been able to get their msl from verizon?
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Not very scientific, but heres about what I found at my house with great sprint signal (full bars).

2 speed tests right before the change were:
    951 kb/s
    917 kb/s

right after step 1:
    1190 kb/s
    1106 kb/s

Did not change the home IP as the secondary IP already matched my closest point. So I figured that meant that it already had the primary correct. Maybe logic is flawed, IDK.

Changing the slot index did not seem to have any effect. If anything is slowed down a bit about ~ 1000 kb/s. But it doesn't seem to affect the incoming call, at least not that I could notice.
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast