View Poll Results: Has this guide made your EVDO Connection faster?

Voters
537. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! This has made my EVDO connection way faster!

124 23.09%
  • Small speed increase.

114 21.23%
  • No, I don't really notice a difference.

91 16.95%
  • I'm waiting for more results from others before I try it.

182 33.89%
  • This made my EVDO connection worse!

26 4.84%
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Youtube videos seem to take a lot longer to load on my Sprint Pixi now
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    got on sprint support chat, told them i needed it for palm hard reset they just gave it to me.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    try this as your MSL number: 306461 the chat guy gave me this instead of my MSL and it worked.
    Well, I was skeptical at first to try this out, now I'm glad I did. My connection speed is now a lot faster than how it was. Thanks for the tip. I use my pre to do everything here...so you know I need me some speedo. I browse using (full page) rather than mobile. Too much limitations.

Anyway, I would recommend anyone who want a faster browsing experience ~ could give this method a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lkr View Post
    Youtube videos seem to take a lot longer to load on my Sprint Pixi now
    This has been like that for a very long time. You got to remember...you're not the only one watching that video at that time.

ps. Check out a youtube video loading time on a Evo.(even more slooowerrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    This has been like that for a very long time. You got to remember...you're not the only one watching that video at that time.

ps. Check out a youtube video loading time on a Evo.(even more slooowerrr.
    Rush, we did a ton of tests on this that are posted in this thread:
    How fast is your phone?

The stock Pixi took 17.0 seconds on average to just open Google Maps the first time and 14.3 seconds the second time.

The stock EVO on 3G averaged 4.0 seconds on average to open Google Maps the first time and 1.0 seconds the second time.

It is similar for opening small YouTube videos. But for longer YoutTube vides, the EVO on 4G can play them without any pause or even a burp. Come on over some time and take a look at my EVO on even 3G. It will blow you away.

Remember that the Pixi does not have your graphics processor or WiFi either.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 11/06/2010 at 11:54 AM.
    It only made a little difference and I am starting to face a couple of frustrating little issues that weren't there before
    I called my sprint customer sevice and the person I talked to said that I'd have to go to a sprint store to get my msl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixi is bad4U View Post
    I called my sprint customer sevice and the person I talked to said that I'd have to go to a sprint store to get my msl.
    Then you should ask someone else. Some reps are willing to give out your MSL, while others won't. So it's trial and error. Also, make sure you have a good reason thought up before you ask what your MSL is. That will help you out a lot.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

10. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Works every time: "my IT tech support guy wants me to get him the MSL so he can troubleshoot an email connectivity problem with our company exchange server."

If they start to hesitate or refuse then play dumb and act really frustrated with the whole ordeal of getting your company email working.
    Last edited by mk3; 12/10/2010 at 12:35 AM.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    I just went to chat on the website, told the support person needed to do a hard reset. She didnt ask any questions and just gave me the MSL =)
    I've noticed that the speed seems to also increase heat and battery drain (heat being a byproduct of battery drain).

Anyone else finding this?
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Then you should ask someone else. Some reps are willing to give out your MSL, while others won't. So it's trial and error. Also, make sure you have a good reason thought up before you ask what your MSL is. That will help you out a lot.
    Already did that and since my phone line isn't the master line, I don't know about the sprint account or security questions or anything. Is there any other way of finding the code besides calling sprint??????
    I have applied this to my Verizon Pixi Plus Let's see what happens...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixi is bad4U View Post
    Already did that and since my phone line isn't the master line, I don't know about the sprint account or security questions or anything. Is there any other way of finding the code besides calling sprint??????
    Not really... you'll need to contact them. My phone is a corporate phone under another name, but I've never had an issue getting my MSL.
    hmmm. Do you know the secuirty answer for the sprint account or the account name? I wish I did. Oh well, once I'm 18 I'll make my own sprint account.
    katnou likes this.
    I was never asked a security question. I just told them I need to reset my phone and need the MSL. It shouldn't be a hard to get it.
    Can we get a little more anecdotal evidence on this one? Comparison of speedtest results seems kind of silly. After playing with these settings, do you feel using the internet on your phone is smoother to the point that this is absolutely worth doing? Or do you feel that any improvement is marginal to the point that it's a do-it if you feel like tinkering, but really not a big thing?
    Just called Sprint and told them that I was about to do a full reset and heard that I needed the MSL#. The lady said that she could give me the regular MSL, but not the Uber MSL. (Something like that) It worked and I made the change. It nearly doubled my connection speed according to dslreports.com.
    Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish View Post
    Just called Sprint and told them that I was about to do a full reset and heard that I needed the MSL#. The lady said that she could give me the regular MSL, but not the Uber MSL. (Something like that) It worked and I made the change. It nearly doubled my connection speed according to dslreports.com.
    Thanks!!
    There is one they can give you that can only be used once. The regular code will work all the time.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!