View Poll Results: Has this guide made your EVDO Connection faster?

Voters
537. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! This has made my EVDO connection way faster!

124 23.09%
  • Small speed increase.

114 21.23%
  • No, I don't really notice a difference.

91 16.95%
  • I'm waiting for more results from others before I try it.

182 33.89%
  • This made my EVDO connection worse!

26 4.84%
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Is the MSL number different per user's phone or per vendor?
    For Sprint phones, the MSL is different for each phone. For Verizon, every phone's MSL is 000000. I'm not sure about other carriers.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    just got mine in less than 2 minutes. told the very nice women i needed to do a hard reset per palm tech support, and she gave it right to me.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    There are many producs in the market ,but according to the use frequency,this

product is the best choice, I bet you will have a suprising result,just have a try!
    are all the sprint ones the same i have mine from when i called b4 i knew it was a good idea to write it down im bout to try this out
    its major and actually alot faster than i was expecting thanks
    Thanks so much for this tweak. I changed it exactly as described and notice I'm able to access web from my browser significantly faster.
    On Sprint, I straight up asked for the MSL number, and they gave it to me. Took about 30 seconds (with ## before and # after the actual number).

Pages are loading much faster, thanks!
    I just did the step 1 only, i'm with Bell Mobility in Quebec, Canada. I didn't notice a big speed increase BUT, my latency got from 450ms~ to 95ms~ with only 3 bars on EV-DO! Thank you very much! =)
    I have Verizon. Not seeing much of a difference, but then again, I can't update network settings, as that option isn't available in my preferences.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    wonder if this is something that can improve speed on 1x networks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    -------------------------------
    MSL Number Help Section:
    SPRINT
    call *2 (customer service) Its gonna ask you if you are calling on your current phone. After you get passed this step you should try get a tech representative. Tell them that you wanna do a hard reset on your phone and it asks for the MSL number or just make up a story that will make them give it to you. They should be willing to give you the MSL number. Most of the time they will give it to you. If they dont wanna give it to you then just hang up and try again with someone else. Eventually you will get it!
    if you need your MSL, you don't need to call *2 if you have an extra sprint handset available.

use sprint.com's website to switch your service to a different handset by choosing "i want to" and then "activate a new phone". follow the instructions. after you've completed the process, do it again to switch service back to your original handset. each time you switch to a different handset, sprint will pop up a page giving you a one-time use 6 digit number and a secondary 6 digit number. the secondary 6 digit number will be that phone's MSL number.

somebody ought to sticky this.
  13. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Wow, thanks for the info!
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    started an online chat with a sprint rep, asked for my msl, got it in like 2 minutes, no questions asked. Did everything in order, and my phone is not drastically faster, but there is some noticeable differences. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    i changed the buffer size and i'm still getting 1.26s latency and 77 kbit/sec downloads - extremely SLOOOW

any tips?

it usually is fast after a webOS update, but then slows to a crawl. on wifi it is beautiful.

my wife's pixi is just fine. any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by bry4n View Post
    if you need your MSL, you don't need to call *2 if you have an extra sprint handset available.

use sprint.com's website to switch your service to a different handset by choosing "i want to" and then "activate a new phone". follow the instructions. after you've completed the process, do it again to switch service back to your original handset. each time you switch to a different handset, sprint will pop up a page giving you a one-time use 6 digit number and a secondary 6 digit number. the secondary 6 digit number will be that phone's MSL number.

somebody ought to sticky this.
    Do you need another phone to do this? I only have my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    Do you need another phone to do this? I only have my Pre.
    yessir, for this method you do. i would also add that the temporary phone you use to switch to and then back away from does not need to be a functional sprint phone. i believe all you really need is an unused esn.

if you don't have a spare sprint phone, other people on here have reported that sprint's customer service will give you your msl if you ask. just ask politely.
    Last edited by bry4n; 09/08/2010 at 02:23 AM.
  18. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Are the only homeagents in existence on that web page? I live in Jacksonville, FL for example. Near Atlanta, but it is still a long drive. Is this the best option or should I just leave it on the default?
    Mostly noticed a huge increase in my sprint navigation. Thanks man.
    I used chat to get my MSL number and they said I didn't have one.. <.<

Edit: I called customer service and they gave it to me.
    Last edited by zealster; 09/08/2010 at 10:35 PM.