View Poll Results: Has this guide made your EVDO Connection faster?

Voters
537. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! This has made my EVDO connection way faster!

    124 23.09%
  • Small speed increase.

    114 21.23%
  • No, I don't really notice a difference.

    91 16.95%
  • I'm waiting for more results from others before I try it.

    182 33.89%
  • This made my EVDO connection worse!

    26 4.84%
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 449
Like Tree1Likes
  1. cdjh's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    #21  
    just to be clear. Calling Sprint is the ONLY way to get your MSL, correct? None of the generators out there will work, right?
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    I was unaware sprint would just give out MSL...
    The lady gave me mine with ease....i just asked and she gave me it without even giving a reason...But like i was saying...is there any tweak for getting better sprint reception, please?..Because my reception SUCKS!..

    Look at this ridiculousness!..No signal at all..
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Genobaby05 View Post
    All I can say is WOOOOOOOOW.....My connection is super fast now..... It made mytether super fast as well. I don't think sprint will be happy about this at all, but I love it.....This has to be one of the best post EVER. Thanks Bro....
    How much faster is it? I am very curious. Not only that, but if there is a way to make your data speeds faster, why didn't Sprint just do this themselves? There must be some drawback.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    How much faster is it? I am very curious. Not only that, but if there is a way to make your data speeds faster, why didn't Sprint just do this themselves? There must be some drawback.
    Just do it and find out...Dude, if anything goes wrong, call Sprint and i BETCHA they will reset everything lol...
  5. #25  
    We need some before and after speed tests for comparison from multiple sources...


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  6. #26  
    Sprint dished out my MSL no prob...data connection speed seeing a definite improvement...set slot index to 5 by the way...THANKS TO THE POSTER!!!
  7. #27  
    Can anyone report data speeds? We definitely need some before and after speed tests. I am very excited about this.

    Also Sprint will give out the MSL no problem. I got mine the first day I activated my Pre, I know this is the universal unlock code for the phone so I thought it would be handy to keep around. Also helps with manually programming your phone.

    And I would imagine that sprint would keep it a little slower to decrease the total amount of data used by customers, but still keeping it in the competitive range with other carriers.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    The lady gave me mine with ease....i just asked and she gave me it without even giving a reason...But like i was saying...is there any tweak for getting better sprint reception, please?..Because my reception SUCKS!..

    Look at this ridiculousness!..No signal at all..
    Call Sprint and ask them nicely to install a new tower and/or antenna near your house?

    If you have a lousy signal, there's nothing a tweak can do about that. You can change any setting you want, and you'll still get lousy reception. This tweak won't help you in the least.

    Just a note, for folks who may be confused. This tweak will NOT increase your actual speed from Sprint or Verizon. If you're currently getting the maximum speed of 3.1mb/s, you're not going to do a few setting changes and increase that to 6mb/s or something like that. That's completely impossible. You'll just prevent the data stream from being interrupted by regular phone service checks for incoming calls, which will increase your operational speed on your phone.
  9. #29  
    so, just to be clear, if i live in l.a, and the closest site is anaheim, i should use it even if its 50 miles from my house?
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    First of all, I'd like to apologize for not posting this sooner. I've known how to do this for quite some time and done it on previous sprint phones with success. As far as I know it works for Sprint. Haven't tested on Verizon or Bell so if someone can confirm it works that would be great! You're gonna need your MSL to do this.

    Where do I enter this ##data# (3282) Hash Code? open the phone app.

    SECTION 1: Buffer Size

    1- Under the ##data# menu,
    2- press the menu, then select multimedia, then buffer size.
    3- This is where you enter your MSL
    4- Delete the 7 and make it 20.
    5- When you exit this menu, reset your Palm Pre/Pixi.
    6- Upon powerup, go to the Phone App, go to Preferences, and press Update Network Settings.
    7- Repeat steps 1 & 2 and verify the Buffer Size is still 20

    Home Agent Change: (Thanks to Bigfire & mamouton for reminding me about this step)
    1- Under the ##data# menu
    2- Scroll down to see/select Primary Home
    3- Enter your MSL
    6- Use the back arrow to delete 255.255.255.255
    7- Type in the Home Agent closest to where you live. The Home Agent number can be found: Tip: Changing Sprint Home Agent Speeds Up EVDO : EVDOinfo.com.
    8- Repeat for Secondary Home, and continue below or restart.
    NOTE: Do Not update Network Settings after doing this for at least 3 days. Doing so will replace the Primary Home back to 255.255.255.255.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    SECTION 2: Slot Index (NOTE: Before starting Sec. 2 please do all steps in Sec. 1)

    THIS SECTION IS OPTIONAL AND MAY HELP YOUR EVDO SPEED A LITTLE. PLEASE GO DOWN TO READ MY STATEMENT ON THIS!

    1- Under the ##data# menu,
    2- press the menu, then select advanced, then slot index.
    3- This is where you enter your MSL again
    4- Delete the 2 and make it 7.
    5- When you exit this menu, reset your Palm Pre/Pixi.
    6- Repeat steps 1 & 2 and verify the slot index is still 7

    The Default of the Slot Index is 2
    On the CDMA Paging Channel (this is the shared channel that all phones
    listen to for incoming calls and other control info), time is divided into
    "slots". To conserve power, phones that are currently idle only "wake up"
    and listen for messages on the Paging Channel during their assigned
    slots. The slot cycle index determines how often the phone's slot comes
    around. If the slot cycle index is 0, the phone wakes up every 1.28
    seconds. If it's 1, it wakes up every 2.56 seconds. If it's 2, it's
    every 5.12 seconds, and so on. MY guide's method Conserves battery life. However at the same time it decreases the load on the network, and increases battery life since it is polling the tower for an incoming call less often. This can help the EVDO Connection. You can do Section 2 as an option, try it out first and see what results you get! As for me I receive calls about the same time as the default.

    NOW, try out all your internet dependent Apps (browser, news, weather, Amazon MP3, gps, Preware, App Catalog, mytether, etc), you should notice an increase in both the speed and smoothness of these programs as well as your EVDO connections in general.

    Please, anyone who uses this, let me know your results. Positive or negative. If you can, compare the speeds without this edit and after with speed tests. Hopes this helps! Press the Thanks! button if you find this useful.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Don't got your MSL Number? Try this!

    call *2 (customer service) Its gonna ask you if you are calling on your current phone. After you get passed this step press "4" and then "5" and then "0". you should get a tech representative. Tell them that you wanna do a hard reset on your phone and it asks for the MSL number or just make up a story. They should be willing to give you the MSL number. Most of the time they will give it to you. If they dont wanna give it to you then just hang up and try again with someone else. Eventually you will get it.

    I told the guy I didn't have another line to talk to him on, even though I had both my wife's phone and my home phone, and he told me step by step directions on how to get to the restore (including the ##3282#) and then gave me my MSL number. Press the Thanks! button if you find this useful.

    Do you have to do a Home Agent Change to notice a difference, or is just changing the Buffer Size enough?

    Thanks for this post, can't wait to play with it.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Call Sprint and ask them nicely to install a new tower and/or antenna near your house?

    If you have a lousy signal, there's nothing a tweak can do about that. You can change any setting you want, and you'll still get lousy reception. This tweak won't help you in the least.

    Just a note, for folks who may be confused. This tweak will NOT increase your actual speed from Sprint or Verizon. If you're currently getting the maximum speed of 3.1mb/s, you're not going to do a few setting changes and increase that to 6mb/s or something like that. That's completely impossible. You'll just prevent the data stream from being interrupted by regular phone service checks for incoming calls, which will increase your operational speed on your phone.
    Well then. Mister, can you get me an antenna, pleaaaaaaaaassse?....
  12. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #32  
    If the speeds you're getting is in the OP's signature, then I'm all on board.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    If the speeds you're getting is in the OP's signature, then I'm all on board.
    "Comcast Cable" dude......
  14. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    "Comcast Cable" dude......
    I thought it was his tethered connection cause he's talking about how to make EVDO speeds faster.
    My assumption was wrong.
  15. #35  
    The phones chip is slowed down for a reason. Let me know how many of you have no Ev connection after a month or so like this, or have discoloration, phone smells, etc..
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    I thought it was his tethered connection cause he's talking about how to make EVDO speeds faster.
    My assumption was wrong.
    Yeah, that would be f**king sick, if it were to be true, of course....
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    The phones chip is slowed down for a reason. Let me know how many of you have no Ev connection after a month or so like this, or have discoloration, phone smells, etc..
    You sound just like everyone who thought that the phone would break running at 600mhz... I don't know why everyone thinks this phone is soo fragile
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    You sound just like everyone who thought that the phone would break running at 600mhz... I don't know why everyone thinks this phone is soo fragile
    Because thats how it looks lol...All plasticky and issh..My iPhone was SOLID but it was still dumb. The Pre's look just makes everyone want to walk away from it and go get a DUMBphone.
  19. cdjh's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    just to be clear. Calling Sprint is the ONLY way to get your MSL, correct? None of the generators out there will work, right?
    I'm going to ask this again (last time, i swear), because I *hate* dealing with sprint customer service. Is there another way?

    I can find all kinds of MEID converters, but none that will actually get MSL. I can find ESN to MSL and MEID to pESN. But I've found that pESN to MSL does not work in any converter. Anyone know another way? Thanks
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    I'm going to ask this again (last time, i swear), because I *hate* dealing with sprint customer service. Is there another way?

    I can find all kinds of MEID converters, but none that will actually get MSL. I can find ESN to MSL and MEID to pESN. But I've found that pESN to MSL does not work in any converter. Anyone know another way? Thanks
    Just call them..it takes about 5 mins..
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions