View Poll Results: Has this guide made your EVDO Connection faster?

Voters
537. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! This has made my EVDO connection way faster!

    124 23.09%
  • Small speed increase.

    114 21.23%
  • No, I don't really notice a difference.

    91 16.95%
  • I'm waiting for more results from others before I try it.

    182 33.89%
  • This made my EVDO connection worse!

    26 4.84%
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 449
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #341  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Is anyone else getting odd test results from Speed? Ever since I changed the data settings, I will get speed ratings up to the T1 and even T2 time. This wasn't happening before I changed the settings, but now it is happen daily. Are T1 and T2 data speeds even possible with a Sprint Palm Pre? Or is the web site just having a tough time testing my Pre's data seeds. I can't imagine those data speed results as being correct.


    UPDATE: I just tested the speed again and this time they are off the chart. What is happening here?
    I just tried it a few times and got the same results. But I went back to mobilespeedtest.com and got the same speed in KBps as I did in my previous post. On there it rates me just above an average 3G speed. I think the chart on that one site is just off or using some odd stats. Because a T1 connection (fancy name for DSL) is a "required" download speed of 1.54 MBps I believe. So we aren't REALLY getting T1 or T2 speeds. I'm not at least.
  2. #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhefty89 View Post
    I just tried it a few times and got the same results. But I went back to mobilespeedtest.com and got the same speed in KBps as I did in my previous post. On there it rates me just above an average 3G speed. I think the chart on that one site is just off or using some odd stats. Because a T1 connection (fancy name for DSL) is a "required" download speed of 1.54 MBps I believe. So we aren't REALLY getting T1 or T2 speeds. I'm not at least.

    Yeah your most likely right. It is just odd, because that site worked just fine for me before I changed my Pre's settings, but now it's listing speed results that don't make much sense.

    I'm just glad that someone else noticed the same glitch I did.

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  3.    #343  
    bump
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

    My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
  4. #344  
    Ok, I followed all the steps, but when I enter my MSL, I get "operation failed". Did the Sprint person tell me the wrong number?

    Ok I just typed in my MSL into the phone app and it pulled up some "Service Programming" which seemed to work fine, so I don't think the MSL is wrong.

    Nevermind, I figured it out, I wasn't supposed to enter the pounds. Now everything is working well.
    Last edited by Rudementry; 04/23/2010 at 02:13 PM.
  5. #345  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    SECTION 1:
    Buffer Size: (The Main Speed Increase)


    1) Under the ##data# menu,
    2) press the menu, then select multimedia, then buffer size.
    3) This is where you enter your MSL
    4) Delete the 7 and make it 20.
    5) When you exit this menu, reset your Palm Pre/Pixi.
    6) Upon powerup, go to the Phone App, go to Preferences, and press Update Network Settings.
    7) Repeat steps 1 & 2 and verify the Buffer Size is still 20
    OK guys, I went through section 1 in the first post on my Verizon Pre Plus to see if it gave me any noticeable difference, however, I messed up and entered "20" in the Time Out section (which was previously blank) instead of the Buffer Size section. I noticed it right away and moved the 20 to the Buffer Size section (which was also previously blank).

    After restart I checked the section again and both Buffer Size and Time Out have the value of 20 listed. I tried removing the number from Time Out but it keeps popping back up.

    So what is a proper value for this field? I didn't want to set it to 0, but leaving it at 20 seems wrong as well. Also, all the values in the Multimedia section are all blank except for these two fields that I just edited. Is this typical for Pre Plus' on Verizon? Any thoughts on what I should do now?
    kyocera 6035 > Samsung i500 > Treo 600 > Treo650 > Treo755p > Palm Pre Plus
  6. #346  
    I changed my slot index to 1. I want my phone calls to come in earlier. Lets see how it works and how the battery holds up. Anyone have it at 1 or 0 and happy. I would like to hear your thoughts.
  7.    #347  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy4vws View Post
    OK guys, I went through section 1 in the first post on my Verizon Pre Plus to see if it gave me any noticeable difference, however, I messed up and entered "20" in the Time Out section (which was previously blank) instead of the Buffer Size section. I noticed it right away and moved the 20 to the Buffer Size section (which was also previously blank).

    After restart I checked the section again and both Buffer Size and Time Out have the value of 20 listed. I tried removing the number from Time Out but it keeps popping back up.

    So what is a proper value for this field? I didn't want to set it to 0, but leaving it at 20 seems wrong as well. Also, all the values in the Multimedia section are all blank except for these two fields that I just edited. Is this typical for Pre Plus' on Verizon? Any thoughts on what I should do now?
    I'm using a Sprint Palm Pre and here are the DEFAULTS.
    Im sure the Verizon Palm Pre Plus has the same values but i cant confirm

    Buffer Size: 7
    Time Out: 30
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

    My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
  8. #348  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    I'm using a Sprint Palm Pre and here are the DEFAULTS.
    Im sure the Verizon Palm Pre Plus has the same values but i cant confirm

    Buffer Size: 7
    Time Out: 30
    Cinnabarcorp, thanks for the info. I'll set the Time Out to 30 and see what happens.

    Also, does this setting tweak improve battery life? I seem to be getting noticeably better battery life for the last few days and this setting is the only thing I can remember doing to the phone. Maybe I'm just nuts.
    kyocera 6035 > Samsung i500 > Treo 600 > Treo650 > Treo755p > Palm Pre Plus
  9. eduardmc's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #349  
    i was going to start doing this mod but then i ran mobilspeedtest and i got this

    first run
    1000kb

    second run
    1119kb

    i really think i'm getting good speed and might mess everything up doing this hack. you guys think is worth it?
  10. imex99's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by eduardmc View Post
    i was going to start doing this mod but then i ran mobilspeedtest and i got this

    first run
    1000kb

    second run
    1119kb

    i really think i'm getting good speed and might mess everything up doing this hack. you guys think is worth it?
    Before doing this hack, just write down all your current settings and change back if you don't like the results......



    Part 1 of my 3 part test........

    At home, I don't have the best signal and I'm on the 1x Sprint network.

    I ran www.dslreports.com/mspeed 3 times without the hack: 111 kbit/sec, 89 & 105. (without hack)

    I ran Mobile Speed test 3 times without the hack: 328 kbps, 322.581 & 390.244 (without hack)

    Not sure why the big difference in speeds from one website to the other... Just shows these websites aren't so accurate all the time.

    I will run the same 2 tests at work(5 bars for Spring 3G) later this afternoon without the hack and then with the hack. I will then return home with the hack on and report my speeds at home with the hack.


    Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

    #WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  11. imex99's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    #351  
    Part 2:

    At work on 3G without hack.

    http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed : 972,900 & 920

    Mobile Speed test :
    414,689 & 747

    Going to apply hack now and report work results after the break...
  12. #352  
    So, can any one say for sure - does this actually work ?
    Doesn't appear the poll results really say either way for sure!
  13. #353  
    can't say if it works or not... but atleast I changed my secondary home agent to something that was 2 (san jose) hours away instead of 6 (anahiem)...
  14.    #354  
    It works ^.^
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

    My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
  15. #355  
    My current Verizon Pre Plus speed is 839kbps. Seems pretty fast. Will this hack make my connection even faster???

    Running dslreports.com/mspeed I get 162kbit/sec. Is this good???
    Last edited by toddfoutz; 05/01/2010 at 09:22 PM. Reason: More information supplied
  16. #356  
    Well thanks for the feed back. I hope it works and will help me, I've moved less than a mile and a half from my old house and now my connection drags *** and hangs up when I tether ( isnt much better on the phone either )
    The tower, was just down the street from me there, but is a little further from me here.... unless something else is jacking me up!
    Any ideas if this would help my current issue?
    I would hope so, if it actually does increase speed.

    Thanks !
  17. #357  
    Quote Originally Posted by toddfoutz View Post
    My current Verizon Pre Plus speed is 839kbps. Seems pretty fast. Will this hack make my connection even faster???

    Running dslreports.com/mspeed I get 162kbit/sec. Is this good???
    I did this on my verizon pre yesterday. No difference in speed.
  18. #358  
    Havent even tried this yet but using the 800mhz patch I am getting speeds around
    Test 1 speed 2000 kbps
    Latency 0.171 sec
    Transferred 100 kb in 0.4 secs

    Second test

    speed 4637.681 kbps
    latency 0.184 sec
    Transferred 2000 kb in 3.45 sec

    third test came out to be 5767 kbps

    mobilespeedtest.com
    Last edited by darkraver; 05/02/2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: sorry I was using mobilespeedtest.com for these tests
  19.    #359  
    Crazy...
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

    My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
  20. #360  
    I've tried on several different occasions and I can't get Sprint to give me the MSL#.
    Any hints or ideas on how to obtain it?
    The Saint

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions