View Poll Results: Has this guide made your EVDO Connection faster?

Voters
537. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! This has made my EVDO connection way faster!

124 23.09%
  • Small speed increase.

114 21.23%
  • No, I don't really notice a difference.

91 16.95%
  • I'm waiting for more results from others before I try it.

182 33.89%
  • This made my EVDO connection worse!

26 4.84%
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    choosing the clost HA agent doesn't always yield result.

as with the other poster, I recall KS being the fastest on my treo 755P as well..

this time, I am in so cal by end up using san jose..as it's faster for me than Anaheim.

I don't have time to test all the HA addresses, so if we could possibly get a roll call from testers everywhere, please post your data results, as it can be helpful
    I followed all the steps and reset my phone, and now I have no data O_o.

It won't connect to EVDO, and it wont connect to 1x while roaming.

The only way to get Data is through WiFi.

I don't remember my old default settings so I can't revert to them to verify if this was the fault or not.

>.<.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I followed all the steps and reset my phone, and now I have no data O_o.

It won't connect to EVDO, and it wont connect to 1x while roaming.

The only way to get Data is through WiFi.

I don't remember my old default settings so I can't revert to them to verify if this was the fault or not.

>.<.
    Try this, Bring up your phone and then go into Preferences, at the very bottom choose update network settings. It may take awhile, you might have to leave it running but it set mine back to the default. Hope this helps.

Keep in mind, it only changed the network IPs. The slot and buffer size remained the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by onekoolfella View Post
    Try this, Bring up your phone and then go into Preferences, at the very bottom choose update network settings. It may take awhile, you might have to leave it running but it set mine back to the default. Hope this helps.

Keep in mind, it only changed the network IPs. The slot and buffer size remained the same.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I already tried that. It can't update network settings because it can't find the network. It's kind of a catch22. I even manually entered in the correct IPs but that didn't help either.

It's OK though. I was long overdue for a doctor visit anyway.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I already tried that. It can't update network settings because it can't find the network. It's kind of a catch22. I even manually entered in the correct IPs but that didn't help either.

I also was going to mention, but you probably tried that too to change the address to 255.255.255.255 so it can find the nearest tower. But good luck at the doctors office . Last time I sent my Pre to the doctor, it didn't come back with all my contacts. Its funny, some came back right away, others took a few days and some never came back at all .

I also was going to mention, but you probably tried that too to change the address to 255.255.255.255 so it can find the nearest tower. But good luck at the doctors office . Last time I sent my Pre to the doctor, it didn't come back with all my contacts. Its funny, some came back right away, others took a few days and some never came back at all .
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Ispgeeks is the site I use for speed tests. Click basic speed test on the left hand colum then click Test-No flash/java. Works great on mobile phones.
  8.    #288  
    i dont think webos doctor will reset the settings...
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
    yes webosdoctor should and will reset it..

Only items via QPST will not be resetted starting with 1.4 update
    Probably just posting what others have said, but this is my experience.

So after a few days of "testing" this out, the internet speed has increased and it seems to be much more fluid. However, receiving text messages has been very delay.... I am talking minutes on end. I haven't noticed any missed calls though.

Youtube is hit or miss, sometimes it loads really quick and sometimes it takes just as long as it originally did. That could be a various amounts of things.

Overall, I think I may convert back to the original setup, just for the sake of getting messages in a timely manner. I'll miss the internet speed, but it didn't bother me that much before anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by onekoolfella View Post
    Yeah I did try that before. No dice. I've doctored multiple times before. I do, however, keep all my contacts on my gmail account and manage them on the web browser every once in a while to make sure everythings in working order. I don't trust that Palm Profile business... >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    i dont think webos doctor will reset the settings...
    Can and did!

Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    yes webosdoctor should and will reset it..

Only items via QPST will not be resetted starting with 1.4 update
    Yup. I doctored and everything's perfectly fine again.

I kinda want to try this again actually... but I'm kinda scared. >.<.
    wow!! very impressive.. I saw the sprint TV smooth out almost instantly! still waiting on the EVDO connection speed... Thanks alot. this is awesome!
  13.    #293  
    Yeah I was also impressed with sprint TV, sprint should have made this standard
    Gustavo Guillen

1.4.1 update erased the MMG Port and buffer size and slot index

go ahead and redo the mod
    I changed the settings, but I don't know if they have helped in anyway. The mobile speed tests are not steady enough for me to notice a differences yet. I will have to wait until tonight to see if the data speeds and SprintTV have been effected.

How is changing these settings suppose to help out though? I know phones are limited by the carriers, but how do changing these settings make the data and TV better?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

16.    #296  
    yes its supposed to increase the speed of the EVDO connection.
    Gustavo Guillen

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    yes its supposed to increase the speed of the EVDO connection.
    How though? I can understand why increasing the Buffer Size would help. And the new IP Address might help with any Pinging issues. I just want to know why these tricks might work?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Just want to say thanks for the little help, it only took 2 trys and impersonation of my dad to get my msl code out of the online chat guy.

before: ping 180, down .53Mbs, up .02
    now : ping 109, down 1.32 , up .29

HUGE improvement! also i decided not to go with the 2nd stuff because i have no idea what side effects can come of lowing your ping from the tower but it didn't sound super good to me so I'm sticking with just part 1.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    Wow. All I can say is wow.... Look at the results... This one was a weird result, as it also was through the default (that speedtest.net picked) of witchita kansas (when I live in atlanta).

When I picked the closer server (atlanta) ping dropped more than 50%

i just want to say thank you this has significantly increased the speed of my evdo connection. i used to have to pause any video i wanted to watch on youtube and let it buffer now i don't have to I've watched about 5 music video's/live performances and I've only had one pause to buffer and that was at the very end with about 4 seconds left to go. i also changed my slot # from 2 to 7 and haven't noticed a change in incoming calls. I've called my phone multiple times from different phones with the phone awake and asleep and it still takes 2 rings for my phone to start ringing. All in all this gave me a amazing speed increase thank you!!!!