Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Can someone please write a tutorial:
    The easyest way to get cd music to mp3 on to the Pre.
    Would be nice if it included covers! but not nessesery.

Please take into consideration that I'm in sweden and have no access to the payed apps, and only a limited number of free apps.

Now I use drag and drop of allready converted mp3.s and using the original player on the Pre.

Thanks in advance.
    // Beca
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    Hi Beca,
    Are you saying that you know how to put mp3's on your pre already and you just want to know how to convert cd's to mp3 ?
    Also what operating system are you running on your pc ?
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Yes and please decribe the simplest method to do this.
    What i did was to creat a folder called music used drag and drop on allready converted mp3.s.
    Don't know if thats correct way to do it but it worked
    //Beca
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    The easiest option is probably to use windows media player which is why I asked which operating system you have on your pc as this could be different according to version.
    If you put a cd into your machine there is a feature called "ripping" which will convert your cd to mp3 files. You may have to change the settings from wma to mp3.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    The easiest option is probably to use windows media player which is why I asked which operating system you have on your pc as this could be different according to version.
    If you put a cd into your machine there is a feature called "ripping" which will convert your cd to mp3 files. You may have to change the settings from wma to mp3.
    Sorry.. using winXP.
    Ok so converting and putting the new XX folder with songs on the pre.
    So if i want a cover image I put that in the same folder?
    //Beca
    Sorry was just helping out someone else, yeah, if you put image in same folder should do the job. You might wanna take a look at a program called winamp, it's free to download and syncs perfectly with the pre via media sync option.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    Sorry was just helping out someone else, yeah, if you put image in same folder should do the job. You might wanna take a look at a program called winamp, it's free to download and syncs perfectly with the pre via media sync option.
    Ok great winamp it is then.

Thanks for your time and patience.
    //Beca
    No worries, glad to help. I use winamp all the time. It sees the pre as an ipod like itunes did originally and will quite happily sync all your music and cover art.
    Can you please hit the thanks button if I have helped.
    All the best.
    Stu.
    What i do is just click and drag music from cd to my pre, but i am using linux and may have installed something to auto rip but i think its just standard drag from cd to your music folder ony our pre
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Just an uppdate.

I culd not get winamp to work with the Pre. I read somwere it had to be an older version om winamp, so I laid that aside.
    Instead i fired up Windows media player, connected my Pre with USB cable. For 5minutes i sat there with my jaw between my knees, when I finaly came to my senses all my music were there on my Pre. Efortlessly synced!! I decided to add another cd that I have in my colection, ripped it and synced it to my Pre. No swet at all.

Im now a happy music listener, all the music I want on my Pre.

Problem solved.
    I either drag and drop from itunes or I just installed DoubleTwist which syncs with basically anything and can pull from the itunes library. The only downside to this that I have found is when I transferred music from my ipod to my Pre they had random file names like "GCRM.mp3" but showed up fine in NaNplayer.

are you saying you don't know how ti rip a cd into an mp3? Windows player can be configured to save as mp3 instead of windows media. Then you can just copy them to thus phone in usb mode.