1.    #1  
    I've used my cell phone as a watch for years, and with the newest update to webOS 1.4, I have lost that functionality... (unless i'm missing a setting).

So when I pull my Pre out of my pocket, hit the power, I have to unlock it to see the time (and it is very small...). I very much enjoyed seeing the large clock I saw before w/out unlocking it... how can I get that back??

Has anyone else noticed this? Doesn't anyone at Palm also use their phone as a 'watch'?

Help please!
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Ive noticed this also. Sometimes it wont go to the clock when I put it on my touchstone either.

I hope its a bug, and I think it is, because I really liked the way it was before 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by deviousrlm View Post
    So when I pull my Pre out of my pocket, hit the power, I have to unlock it to see the time...
    Something is wrong with your phone. Mine has always displayed the time (very large) when it's woken up but not unlocked. Try a Doctor install or perhaps take it back for an exchange.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Something is wrong with your phone. Mine has always displayed the time (very large) when it's woken up but not unlocked. Try a Doctor install or perhaps take it back for an exchange.
    Wait, something is wrong w/ my phone just because yours doesn't do it? That's not the best troubleshooting... Maybe YOURS is broken because it doesn't do it now!

It could be seen as a feature to see whatever is open on your phone w/out unlocking it, but it would be a feature I personally wouldn't like. Some may like this though, so I'm trying to gauge how many people are experiencing this.
    All three Pres in our family have always shown the time when hitting the power button before and after the 1.4 update.
    Wait, something is wrong w/ my phone just because yours doesn't do it? That's not the best troubleshooting... Maybe YOURS is broken because it doesn't do it now!
    I have had the Pre since June 09 and have experienced a multitude of OS updates. During that time I have always had the time on the lock screen. If your phone does not show the time after you wake it up via the power button I can tell you that something isn't working the way it should.

So there...nana nana
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  7.    #7  
    I have had the Pre since June 09 and have experienced a multitude of OS updates. During that time I have always had the time on the lock screen. If your phone does not show the time after you wake it up via the power button I can tell you that something isn't working the way it should.
    I have also had the Pre since June (well, multiple ones, due to hardware issues), and this functionality has always worked just fine until the latest 1.4 update. The only change I made was that i have MyTether, so I guess that could be the culprit.

Piaband, do you use MyTether?

So there...nana nana
    I agree (with the possible exception of the "nana nana" LOL)

I have 2 pre's. Both show time when 'awake' and locked, etc.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    I agree (with the possible exception of the "nana nana" LOL)

I have 2 pre's. Both show time when 'awake' and locked, etc.
    You guys will love this one... well, rather than reboot I did a power-down and battery removal... and guess what, time is back when still locked.

I guess whatever it was, it was temporary. Reboots didnt' fix, but total power down did. Good thing I didn't send the phone back I guess

Thanks for responding everyone.
    You guys will love this one... well, rather than reboot I did a power-down and battery removal... and guess what, time is back when still locked.

I guess whatever it was, it was temporary. Reboots didnt' fix, but total power down did. Good thing I didn't send the phone back I guess

Thanks for responding everyone.
    even though it's gone, keep a watchful eye (wth is "watchful eye" anyway? don't all eyes watch?).

i've had this problem sporadically and i don't have mytether (just haven't put it back on yet after 1.4). seems that it does this whenever i mess around with the screen lock time during the day at work and place it on the ts at night. doesn't matter when i tap the power button or not when on the ts... the time just won't pop-up. however, if i change the time back to what i usually keep it at (30 secs), it seems ok.

i dunno.
    It's a bug in the software. This has been confirmed and will be fixed next update. So your phone is not broken and don't waste your time visiting the doctor.
    - Skinneejay -