1.    #1  
    Help! I finally got around to opening Music Player (Remix) -- never bothered with the built-in Music Player after reading the posts here. Lack of sleep, lack of comprehension, whatever the reason, I am having problems understanding how to work this app (note it says For Dummies on the thread title). I went to the main Music Player Remix thread for help and, well, I don't have the time to read through 2,000 posts for the answers I hope someone can give me. Please, no flames or smart-mouth remarks. I simply want to be able to better use this app and would appreciate any assistance with the following:

** Warning - Noob Questions Ahead **

1. Is there an easy way to return to the Music Library screen (the one that lists Artists, Albums, Songs, Genres, etc.) without having to continually back gesture through the pages?

2. One of the songs that should be in Soundtracks is listed in Other instead. How do I get it moved over to Soundtracks, if there is even a way?

3. Among the lists of songs that Music Player (Remix) has gathered off my Pre are the sounds from the Trapster app. I'd rather not listen to "Red Light Camera Ahead" and "Police Like to Hide Here" along with my music. I'm assuming I can swipe to delete these, but ... by deleting them from Music Player (Remix), am I deleting them from the Pre? I kind of need them for Trapster.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to take the time to help me with this!
    --------------------

Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm V >
    Palm VII > Treo 755p > Palm Pre!

... and they're all still floating around
    my house somewhere, too...

--------------------
    Hi this is the developer of Music Player (Remix). I know it's a bit daunting reading through all the messages in the thread; however I answer each and every question posted to the thread. So that will always be the best place to find info about the app. The only time I don't directly answer is when someone asks one of the handful of questions that get asked literally every few posts in the thread. In those cases, I ask them to search the thread for a particular keyword (using the forum's "Search this thread" option) and then they can find one of the many previous discussions on the topic.

In regards to your questions:

1. Swiping from right to left on the titlebar at the top of the screen will bring you instantly back to the main menu. This works on any screen you're on.

2. This is an issue with the webOS media library. I also have tracks that appear under "Other" even though the ID3 tags on the music file have a genre listed. So there's nothing much I can do to fix it.

3. Again, the webOS media library returns back a list of songs on the device. It searches for any music files on the USB drive that are not located in the "ringtones" directory. So if the Trapster app is storing the music files on the USB partition (/media/internal), then the Music Player app (and Remix) will pick them up. And you can't delete music from within the Remix app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Hi this is the developer of Music Player (Remix). I know it's a bit daunting reading through all the messages in the thread; however I answer each and every question posted to the thread. So that will always be the best place to find info about the app. The only time I don't directly answer is when someone asks one of the handful of questions that get asked literally every few posts in the thread. In those cases, I ask them to search the thread for a particular keyword (using the forum's "Search this thread" option) and then they can find one of the many previous discussions on the topic.

In regards to your questions:

1. Swiping from right to left on the titlebar at the top of the screen will bring you instantly back to the main menu. This works on any screen you're on.

2. This is an issue with the webOS media library. I also have tracks that appear under "Other" even though the ID3 tags on the music file have a genre listed. So there's nothing much I can do to fix it.

3. Again, the webOS media library returns back a list of songs on the device. It searches for any music files on the USB drive that are not located in the "ringtones" directory. So if the Trapster app is storing the music files on the USB partition (/media/internal), then the Music Player app (and Remix) will pick them up. And you can't delete music from within the Remix app.
    Hi Dan! Thanks for taking a moment to answer my questions... and for answering everyone's posts, too. It's nice to see that kind of courtesy these days!

1. Hooray! I did it. Much better than back gesturing over and over!

2. Nuts. I was thinking of changing the ID3 tags, but if that doesn't work all the time, then I'm not going to bother.

3. Double nuts. I guess I'll see what I can do with those Trapster sounds... don't have the Pre hooked in just now, but I think the sounds are stored in a folder called Downloads. Guess I'll back them up and see if I can do anything with them.

Thanks very much!!!! I was showing my husband the app at lunch and he just shook his head. He's bought me (over the years) iPods, from the mega-chunky original to a nano, complete with arm bands and cases, and I've never used them, but this I'm using.
    --------------------

Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm V >
    Palm VII > Treo 755p > Palm Pre!

... and they're all still floating around
    my house somewhere, too...

--------------------
    Also if you haven't already, check out the latest version of the app (0.12.3). Moving between screens is much quicker now.

As far as the genres go, I've never really played around with the ID3 tags too much to see if I can influence the genre displayed on the device. If the genre display is pretty important to you, it might be worth playing with the ID3 tags to see if you can get it to work. For instance, perhaps it only picks up genre from ID3v2 tags instead of ID3v1. Who knows...
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami