webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Tips, Info & Resources > HELP! My phone isn't being recognized by any computer!
HELP! My phone isn't being recognized by any computer!

Old 03/01/2010, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

When I plug in my pre through a USB to a computer it no longer gives me the the USB, Media Sync, Charge options. It does, however, charge. I have also tried a couple different cables and the cables are fine. The phone is also not recognized by any computer and doesn't show up as a drive. I had installed several patches after 1.4 came out and assume it was one of those. However, now that my phone isn't recognized by a computer I cannot hook it up to WebOS QuickInstall and uninstall things. I do not have preware on my phone so is there ANY way to uninstall these patches?

Also, I have tried both a partial and full erase. Nada.

I have also tried WebOS Doctor to no avail because it won't recognize that my phone is hooked up to the comp.

I plead of you to help.
jlg830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/2010, 10:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm having the same issue, except that I do have a working copy of Preware on the phone.
Puzzlegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/2010, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

OP -Curious. You started a new thread because? you never even came back with an answer to my post on the other thread.
I see that you have expanded you post a bit though.
Finally Pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: jlg830
Old 03/01/2010, 10:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks, Finally Pre. (I hit "thanks") in the other thread. My problem was the cable. It was a new cable that came with a charger, and in tiny print it even said on a tag, "for charging only". I swapped in the cable that came with the Pre, and I have USB mode back.
Puzzlegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/2010, 10:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlg830 View Post
When I plug in my pre through a USB to a computer it no longer gives me the the USB, Media Sync, Charge options. It does, however, charge. I have also tried a couple different cables and the cables are fine. The phone is also not recognized by any computer and doesn't show up as a drive. I had installed several patches after 1.4 came out and assume it was one of those. However, now that my phone isn't recognized by a computer I cannot hook it up to WebOS QuickInstall and uninstall things. I do not have preware on my phone so is there ANY way to uninstall these patches?

Also, I have tried both a partial and full erase. Nada.

I have also tried WebOS Doctor to no avail because it won't recognize that my phone is hooked up to the comp.

I plead of you to help.
Manually force your Pre into usb mode by taking out the battery, holding down the volume up key, putting the battery back in while still holding the volume up key, and push the power button. Do this all after you get to the place when running the WebOSDoctor and the next button is grayed out.

Here is more information of running WebOSDoctor. How To Recover - WebOS Internals
bpdamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/2010, 10:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

1) Restart computer
2) Restart Pre
3) If you really want to do the Doctor, just hold the Vol Up button from step 2 until you see the huge usb icon.
4) Run Doctor and plug in if you really want it.

EDIT

5) Always make sure the hardware's working

Get Homebrew Apps, Tweaks, & Patches Working In Less Than 5 Minutes

Cross-Platform Meta-Doctor Guide -- Bypass carrier-specific activation & MORE!
grndslm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/02/2010, 03:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Go get a new USB cable..
Jason Black is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0